Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

23 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

You missed SO much. Stop wearing those rose-tinted glasses! Are you a real estate agent or what???

On 10/7/2017 at 9:11 PM, JSixpack said:

OMG yes. The pollution, trash, rats, open ditches, filth, stink, crappy views, no beach, broken sidewalks, broken pedestrian lights, crappy promenade with no shade or seats, shops closed, deserted malls, sidewalks broken and blocked, overhanging signs, speed bumps, overhanging wires, corrupt police, no metered taxis, arrogant hotel clerks, unsmiling cashiers, crazy driving, overpricing, crotch-grabbing ladyboys, gold necklace & bag snatchers, baht bus ripoffs, deserted condo buildings, deserted malls, Bali Hai desolation, ruined buildings, ruined pier, Waterford, jet ski scams, deserted bars, high bar fines, noise pollution, lack of overpasses on Sukhumvit, constant traffic jam, Chinese, Russians, Indians, Arabs and other non-Brits, runny fried eggs, haircuts with white sidewalls--to mention just a few critical issues. It's TOTAL CATASTROPHE. How can ANYBODY live in this cesspool??? Suicide is the only answer.

On 10/8/2017 at 12:55 PM, JSixpack said:

Dearth of proper pig scratchings, itinerant street vendors, itinerant shoe shiners, motorcycle "trucks, " soi dogs, massage touts, 101 businesses noncompliance (often fingered by the mighty TVF Pointing Finger Of Justice), balcony pushers, hotel safecrackers, nothing but fat ugly old women, internet speeds slower than advertised, blocked Daily Mail, power outages, unneeded overpriced ferry service to Hua Hin, unneeded overpriced Hooters, Starbucks, half-assed aircon service, bus terminal baht bus overcharging, missing motorcy taxi fare signage, inattentive ignorant hardware store salespersons, underage motorcyclists, no promised Foodland on Threppasit, overpriced private hospitals with incompetent doctors, overpriced eyeglasses, overcharging dentists, no prominent signage pointing to cheap whey protein powder and testosterone, Tony's Gym lacking aircon, Chinese kid poopers, dearth of DIY coin-operated washing machines, ant infestations, dengue fever worries, old growth trees cut down,  Big C satang rounding-up scam, scooters with no exhausts, pervasive DEAD and DYING atmosphere necessitating endless diagnoses, exhumations, new autopsies, and issuance of yearly Death Certificates.

The latest Evil, too horrible yet even to mention, let alone contemplate, is the Unflooded Tunnel Disaster. Once the awfulness of that reality sinks in, our large brigade of Flooders will be joining the other balcony divers. So sad, and decimating to truly informed, authoritative posting on our beloved forum. But, c'est la vie. A new generation of noobs FOB awaits to try to fill those shoes.

When I gather a few more I think I'll post these in a new thread, The Querulous Granny's Definitive List Of Pattaya Evils. Maybe that could be made a sticky and everyone post their whinges and brilliant highly original solutions there. A one-stop reference, so to speak. Save an incredible amount of repetition and web space.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Never been in China , but in the many countries i have been , i have never heard of such a thing as 'Luxury Chinese Restaurant'. Even in some cities like Malaga where a lot of Chinese open business , none of the Chinese restaurants i have been had anything upmarket ,

They are there, believe me; there are many thousands and thousands of very large upscale restaurants in China and in every city, serving the best available food in the country where only the well to do Chinese come.

Many restaurants are very big and cater to hundreds of guests at the same time.

Unlike in the west, most of these restaurants close early in the evening since most guests come early, dine for 2-3 hours and leave.

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thailand is a Country for Thai people

You really have no right to visit Thailand and chose to adopt it as your Country 

Thailand  is for Thai people, it isnt a place for non Thais to look for a new Country to live in

This has to be one of the most warped and bizarre thought-processes I've ever come across.

People have every right to want to live in whatever nation they choose.

It is equally the right of that nation to welcome them, or not.

Perhaps you need to re-adjust your logon name, sanemax!

9 minutes ago, robsamui said:

This has to be one of the most warped and bizarre thought-processes I've ever come across.

People have every right to want to live in whatever nation they choose.

Perhaps you need to re-adjust your logon name, sanemax!

You have no right to live in Thailand permanently , only Thai citizens have that right .

You only have the right to stay in Thailand up until the date they have stamped in your passport

On 27/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, ezflip said:

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

Last time I was in Pats they were bitching about Russians.

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You have no right to live in Thailand permanently , only Thai citizens have that right .

You only have the right to stay in Thailand up until the date they have stamped in your passport

You still don't grasp the concept - do you . . . or the implications . . . 

People have every right to want to live in whatever nation they choose.

10 minutes ago, robsamui said:

You still don't grasp the concept - do you . . . or the implications . . . 

People have every right to want to live in whatever nation they choose.

Well, yes, people do indeed have the right to want whatever they want to want .

But people wanting things doesnt give them a right to get those things

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well, yes, people do indeed have the right to want whatever they want to want .

But people wanting things doesnt give them a right to get those things

Chuckle. Well done with line 1.

Now let's go on to the next line . . .   
It is equally the right of that nation to welcome them, or not.

I'll try to put this a little bit diplomatically.

As far as the group that acted like they "own" the place, that describes the RUSSIANS during the years when their numbers dominated here much better than Indians, Chinese, and Arabs. My general experience is that Indians, Arabs, and Persians (that many people mistake for Arabs) mostly do not exhibit that vibe. 

The Chinese on the other hand, when they are in their large groups, well, they're seriously SCARY. They seem oblivious to anything, living or not, outside their group pack. They can run you over! But when they're independent, very different. 

6 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Chuckle. Well done with line 1.

Now let's go on to the next line . . .   
It is equally the right of that nation to welcome them, or not.

Lets not forget that I was replying to your post in which you suggested that Foreigners should be able to go to Thailand and then just stay there indefinitely .

Thailand has made it quite clear that they dont want these people here

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Lets not forget that I was replying to your post in which you suggested that Foreigners should be able to go to Thailand and then just stay there indefinitely .

Thailand has made it quite clear that they dont want these people here

In my post I reflected that Thai administrative attitudes have changed over the last 20 years. It is you who concluded, somehow, that I implied foreigners should be able to stay here indefinitely!

I then went on to point out that Thailand is in a mess because on the one hand it wants the money that foreigners bring,  but on the other hand it closes the door on long-term foreigners - that means foreigners not being able to stay here for years at a time, with all their spending power, or foreigners coming here to boost the economy by opening businesses or investing in property etc..

Sorry if I used too many words in my first post.

So, you can write with authority because you're not actually here in Thailand, then?

7 hours ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Never been in China , but in the many countries i have been , i have never heard of such a thing as 'Luxury Chinese Restaurant'. Even in some cities like Malaga where a lot of Chinese open business , none of the Chinese restaurants i have been had anything upmarket , as opposed to the Japanese restaurant ( where Chinese where working )

There is always this dream that well off people like to take a plane and go to a city with overall low standards to eat in a luxury restaurant.

what-year-is-59f01f.jpg.4757f15813a9a788ff573d8fe54be28a.jpg

4 minutes ago, robsamui said:

In my post I reflected that Thai administrative attitudes have changed over the last 20 years. It is you who concluded, somehow, that I implied foreigners should be able to stay here indefinitely!

I then went on to point out that Thailand is in a mess because on the one hand it wants the money that foreigners bring,  but on the other hand it closes the door on long-term foreigners - that means foreigners not being able to stay here for years at a time, with all their spending power, or foreigners coming here to boost the economy by opening businesses or investing in property etc..

Sorry if I used too many words in my first post.

Thailand isnt in a mess though because of its recent stringent visa regulations .

Thailand doesnt allow foreigners to buy land and it doesnt allow foreigners to stay indefinitely 

Thailand has never encouraged immigration to Thailand and it doesnt need or want the money that long termers spend .

Thailand is for Thais , its not a country where people passing though can decide to stay and call it home

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thailand isnt in a mess though because of its recent stringent visa regulations .

Thailand doesnt allow foreigners to buy land and it doesnt allow foreigners to stay indefinitely 

Thailand has never encouraged immigration to Thailand and it doesnt need or want the money that long termers spend .

Thailand is for Thais , its not a country where people passing though can decide to stay and call it home

I agree with every sentence, apart from "Thailand isn't in a mess . . ."

If you were actually living here then you'd realise just how much of a mess it was in - and for all the reasons above that we both agree on.

7 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I agree with every sentence, apart from "Thailand isn't in a mess . . ."

If you were actually living here then you'd realise just how much of a mess it was in - and for all the reasons above that we both agree on.

I have been in Thailand for seven years now and Thailand seems to be in a lot less mess to when it was seven years ago .

The Red/Yellow political stalemate is no more , Thailand now has a Government that governs

Corruption has been clamped down on , Pollution from crop burning has been clamped down on , entertainment places now have to follow regulations , foreigners abusing visas have been clamped down on . As has illegal land encroachment and illegal logging.

Thailand is in a lot less mess than it was a few years ago

17 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Interesting. ..I just read a article about those two places today. Apparently that was the case but the tourist are starting to come back now.

Same goes with Mallorca. 

After droping in numbers (tourists) for a while, they're back on track again

On 27/11/2017 at 7:49 AM, chrisandsu said:

Yes for sure there is a few decent places one of my favourite places on earth is in Thailand (won’t say where)it’s beautiful and rural but not good for tourism ! You need a good mix of nighttime entertainment , things to do and see , restaurants , to make it a worthwhile place . Thailand does have that but it became oversaturated ,tourists became bountiful then they forget how it became special ! To have a decent holiday in Thailand costs about the same as going on holiday in Europe these days ! Of course you can scrimp by eating off the street food vendors and staying in a guest house but that’s not really a holiday is it ?  

A lot and I mean a lot of us older ones especially in places like Jomtien are here to get away from the winters back home we are not on holiday,we are on low pensions though and Thailand offers us a great experience if you are on a budget,the weather, good food can be had on a budget,accommodation can be cheap though basic not a big deal,Flights to and travel in Thailand is a bargain,if you avoid central pattaya it's chilled and relaxing, and where else on this planet can this 66year old get laid for under €25? 

I can get an erotic oil massage for 400 baht.I can eat,sleep,lounge on a beach,have  couple of beers,for less than a 1000 baht a day,thats all I need or want most days and there are girls available any time I want.beat that!

1 hour ago, adammike said:

A lot and I mean a lot of us older ones especially in places like Jomtien are here to get away from the winters back home we are not on holiday,we are on low pensions though and Thailand offers us a great experience if you are on a budget,the weather, good food can be had on a budget,accommodation can be cheap though basic not a big deal,Flights to and travel in Thailand is a bargain,if you avoid central pattaya it's chilled and relaxing, and where else on this planet can this 66year old get laid for under €25? 

I can get an erotic oil massage for 400 baht.I can eat,sleep,lounge on a beach,have  couple of beers,for less than a 1000 baht a day,thats all I need or want most days and there are girls available any time I want.beat that!

Can I have address of massage with Happy Ending for 400 Bah :-) Plan to go to Buri Ram,

50 minutes ago, fanjita said:

You lot still don't get it.  The world hasn't suddenly opened their eyes to the small Thai scams.

The world economy is forbidding at the moment and normal service will be resumed in due course.

And not forgetting nobody has seen their pay rise since 2008,no interest on savings,cost that we all have rent,energy,travel and transport and now food are all still rising,the exchange rate especially for the pound and euro for the baht are down significantly, 

Personally I don't think we will ever see the days of plasterers getting a grand a week, normal service will not be resumed ever.

Archived