Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, adammike said:

And not forgetting nobody has seen their pay rise since 2008,no interest on savings,cost that we all have rent,energy,travel and transport and now food are all still rising,the exchange rate especially for the pound and euro for the baht are down significantly, 

Personally I don't think we will ever see the days of plasterers getting a grand a week, normal service will not be resumed ever.

Or to sum up, everyone except the elite is getting poorer, the elite is getting richer. Everywhere in the world (roughly). Soon we will see the next huge financial crisis perhaps, because we are in the biggest economic experiment ever conducted in known history with several countries having negative interest rates.

Imo, it's tough titties on the business owners having a hissy-fit and many couldn't care less how much they are whining about it as it's a situation of their own design. They are getting the customers they deserve and the ones their Thai-Chinese overlords decided to go after. Gam-sa-nong-gam!

On 11/27/2017 at 12:10 PM, ezflip said:

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

Ditto for the Chinese, Indians and Arabs. They come once and never come back.

4 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

Or the European tourists that left Spain with its islands and coast line for Asia years ago and now returning back. 

Just a though. 

If hookers are not your thing then Spain is cheaper for a holiday then Thailand . Cheaper flights , cheaper accommodation decent amount of sun . 

4 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

Or the European tourists that left Spain with its islands and coast line for Asia years ago and now returning back. 

Just a though. 

Probably not, Asia was always a bit too far and expensive flights for the UK holiday maker .

Many stopped going to Spain and went to Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisa and a few other places, now those places are unsafe, theyve gone back to Spain

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:31 AM, whitemouse said:

Exactly!  Thailand has been very lucky, its neighbours are not much better, and often worse. Take Cambodia, since early 2000's there were constant predictions how Sihanoukville will be next Pattaya, and possibly even beat Pattaya.  Well, 17 years of talk (admittedly not much past few years) and Sihanoukville is the sh*thole it was 17 years ago.

But watch out, Vietnam is already taking away tourists from Thailand in substantial numbers, Vietnam is bustling. If they manage to take the crippling corruption under control, Vietnam will surpass Thailand. It's massive shoreline and cleaner  beaches is enough to take away vacationing families. Cambodia never became anyting due to insane level of corruption, and now country being sold to China.

Vietnam is already giving   Thailand serious competition, and arrival numbers in Viet are going up rapidly.

All the while Thailand has nothing more than groups of Indian men sharing a bottle of beer, and Chinese groups walking and keeping their eye on guide's flag stick. 

Thailand got exactly what it deserves, and what it worked hard for, for years treating Westerners like garbage, Thailand treating its own cities and infrastructure as if sabotaging it on purpose. Can't say I'm sad for them, what we see now in Pattaya is richly deserved. 

Honestly, if you take away the red light districts, freelancers, go go clubs, prostitution of BKK and Pattaya/ Phuket. the numbers of tourists drop even more!!

2 hours ago, jimster said:

Ditto for the Chinese, Indians and Arabs. They come once and never come back.

So? Just a few came...the other hundreds of millions haven't been yet. China and India have some 2.8 Billion people combined...and how many in your country how can afford to make a trip to LOS?

I suggest to start an upscale Chinese food restaurant if you want to become rich (but you probably are already :laugh:)

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

If hookers are not your thing then Spain is cheaper for a holiday then Thailand . Cheaper flights , cheaper accommodation decent amount of sun . 

NO VISA :smile:

4 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Is that true? well whatever the thing is it's about the weather in  northern Europe, and you really need to understand we come for the weather and the temples.It can really be a good deal I still have to eat and drink wether I am in Holland or thailand,I am saving on heating electricity etc,I cancel my TV and Internet package and Spotify and Netflix,got a sim only card with unlimited Internet and calls at home  of course it's not truly unlimited but it will do for €26 a month no contract can cancel monthly, use wifi in Thailand. Taking everything into account my extra basic cost to stay for 8 weeks in Jomtien will only be €10 or so extra a day,I arrive January 12 take of the long pants and don't put them back on till I go to the airport on March 6.priceless if you can show me a better place than Thailand for a pensioner on a budget lead me to it.

I like the reasons given by lonewolf99, I especially think that Thailand could

make their visa requirements better by not needing a visa at all if you stay for

less than 90 days, and easy to obtain visas for longer periods.  It is still a fairly cheap

country to visit compared to Mexico where a hotel room is 90 dollars or more

USA money, and the locals are making a very low wage. Mexico has a worse drug

problem with the gangs and mafia,  who do not care who they kill. Besides I can stay

and eat a better variety of Thai dishes without the same problems I have when I visit

Mexico.

Geezer

3 hours ago, adammike said:

Is that true? well whatever the thing is it's about the weather in  northern Europe, and you really need to understand we come for the weather and the temples.It can really be a good deal I still have to eat and drink wether I am in Holland or thailand,I am saving on heating electricity etc,I cancel my TV and Internet package and Spotify and Netflix,got a sim only card with unlimited Internet and calls at home  of course it's not truly unlimited but it will do for €26 a month no contract can cancel monthly, use wifi in Thailand. Taking everything into account my extra basic cost to stay for 8 weeks in Jomtien will only be €10 or so extra a day,I arrive January 12 take of the long pants and don't put them back on till I go to the airport on March 6.priceless if you can show me a better place than Thailand for a pensioner on a budget lead me to it.

I agree with you on most things but I’m not a pensioner I have a youngish family . The thread is about tourist who come to spend money not live on a shoe string . IF I was to go to southern Spain my flights for my family would be 1/6th of what I’d pay to go to Thailand , big chunk for a family of 3 , accommodation is similar priced,  only thing cheaper is street food (and bar girls of course if that’s your thing) beer in Thailand is double the price sometimes triple . Last time I went back I went to Tenerife for a week I loved it and would consider living there when im

retired. Has a decent vibe great food and good climate 

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I especially think that Thailand could

make their visa requirements better by not needing a visa at all if you stay for

less than 90 days, and easy to obtain visas for longer periods.

I'm certain the relevant officials will take your suggestions into consideration.

Turkeys against Thanksgiving

4 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

I agree with you on most things but I’m not a pensioner I have a youngish family . The thread is about tourist who come to spend money not live on a shoe string . IF I was to go to southern Spain my flights for my family would be 1/6th of what I’d pay to go to Thailand , big chunk for a family of 3 , accommodation is similar priced,  only thing cheaper is street food (and bar girls of course if that’s your thing) beer in Thailand is double the price sometimes triple . Last time I went back I went to Tenerife for a week I loved it and would consider living there when im

retired. Has a decent vibe great food and good climate 

You do have many a point as booze (light or hard) is much cheaper in Spain then in Thailand. The restaurants also give great deals. The girls are also getting hit by the inflation, and for the sex mongers, Spain seems to have become quite a good deal !!...However, obvious that you won't be able to take a swim in your outdoor pool in december if you are in Spain...Tenerife is great, loved it...however, I would be more at ease to find good hospitals in Thailand then in Tenerife. And when you are old, the health issue counts a lot.

11 hours ago, Hong Bong Dynasty said:

Honestly, if you take away the red light districts, freelancers, go go clubs, prostitution of BKK and Pattaya/ Phuket. the numbers of tourists drop even more!!

Well that's never going to happen, is it?

That being said, personally, I'd gladly welcome a big drop in tourist numbers if it meant the demise of the low class, low rent sex tourists and sexpats - young and old - you see roaming the red light districts getting hammered, pawing women who, despite their profession, still have the right to decline interest and generally treating the country like an open air urinal.

I wonder how we'd feel if there was a high profile, neon-soaked town in Blighty (or wherever it is you're from) where train wreck Asian pensioners and deadbeats flocked to bang ten shades out of your daughters, sisters and nieces etc in return for £20/$30 before taking a dump in the town hall fountain.

Anyway, as I said earlier, the only Pattaya business owners bitching are the ones who cater to the the aforementioned pond life.

"Legit" businesses like hotels, restaurants are laughing - hand-shandy massages and soi 6 houses of oral relief are crying.

I don't see a downside to this.

Pattaya just needs to learn more Chinese language, 

and then all will be well again...

Their minds think alike, 

so they have much in common, 

just takes time on how to communicate their common way of thinking, 

between each-other.

"Anchalee Julakhot chipped in: 'It is just Chinese groups. What's the use? They won't even buy a drink from you'.

While Lihi Kittyhili really turned on the guests to Pattaya: 'It's just Chinese, Indians and Arabs. They have no manners and treat Pattaya like it's their own country' ".

The Thai phrase: "Som num na." comes to mind. First they 'got rid' of the Western tourists via double-pricing, poor service, cheating, new visa regulations, etc., declaring that they want quality tourists from India, China, and Russia... And now they're not happy either, even though they've got busloads of the quality tourists. :smile:

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, overherebc said:

One of the places I used to enjoy was Malibu. Was in there one night when the owner turned up and rang the bell two or three times. Must have been more than 10 years ago I remember.

Are you talking about the cabaret show? I never saw a bell in there.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:14 PM, Thian said:

I've never been there but was in Italy this summer and their coast is also beautiful, much better than the Thai ones. They have real beaches with everything a tourist can dream of, all in perfect condition and policed by real police/beachguards. Safe roads, safe boats,  cheap food, very cheap alcohol, not too warm, many other western tourists to meet , bikini's, and almost no scammers or you can just call the police.

It's not worth the long flight to Thailand to have a nice holiday, the mediterranean is also great.

If you can afford it and I bet they don't have friendly bar girls.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, whitemouse said:

Exactly!  Thailand has been very lucky, its neighbours are not much better, and often worse. Take Cambodia, since early 2000's there were constant predictions how Sihanoukville will be next Pattaya, and possibly even beat Pattaya.  Well, 17 years of talk (admittedly not much past few years) and Sihanoukville is the sh*thole it was 17 years ago.

But watch out, Vietnam is already taking away tourists from Thailand in substantial numbers, Vietnam is bustling. If they manage to take the crippling corruption under control, Vietnam will surpass Thailand. It's massive shoreline and cleaner  beaches is enough to take away vacationing families. Cambodia never became anyting due to insane level of corruption, and now country being sold to China.

Vietnam is already giving   Thailand serious competition, and arrival numbers in Viet are going up rapidly.

All the while Thailand has nothing more than groups of Indian men sharing a bottle of beer, and Chinese groups walking and keeping their eye on guide's flag stick. 

Thailand got exactly what it deserves, and what it worked hard for, for years treating Westerners like garbage, Thailand treating its own cities and infrastructure as if sabotaging it on purpose. Can't say I'm sad for them, what we see now in Pattaya is richly deserved. 

If Burma ever gets it's act together, it'll wipe out LOS as a beach destination. All those undeveloped Andaman coast beaches. They'll be like LOS beaches were in the 90s, ie a zillion % better than now.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Thian said:

Will you go here

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor pattaya beach

Or here?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor italian beach

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor italian beach

For Eurpeans the nice beaches are within a few hours flyingtime while Thailand is 10-14 hours in a plane.

5a1fb8b078780_HaadKhombeach.jpg.2abb071146d193f80ca342b25c705ba0.jpgPhoto from google images of Haad Khom where I stayed a while. A million times better than those absolutely ghastly ones with all the umbrellas, and the first one is not normal on Thai beaches.

Archived