BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

7 hours ago, Lingba said:

exactly!

But the pot is getting smaller is it not, so one day the lights will go out on the place. Talking to people in the UK these days see's a very different answer on the place to 4 years ago, then I was always saying how wonderful the place was and encouraged people I met to holiday here (but never in Patt). Now I get told no way would I go there even the post women asked today if I was going back now I am on the mend thanks to the NHS and my reply was not in the foreseeable future, so what has changed I wonder?

But seriously so many bad comments from people I meet and talk about Thai. The bank manager told me about his trip there and said never again too many cheats and liars. So looks like for now and only for a short time all that will come is rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs after that who will come I wonder as there are no others to turn too. Weather wise yes its cold, but that is kind of nice and no bloody insects biting me. You put the air con on, me I will just put the heating on and a coat when necessary, ain't missing it a bit sorry to say.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, robsamui said:

All these replies and not one mention of Aussies!

There's a good reason for that.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Please give them (the Chinese) a little more time & they will own it

They own Sydney already

2 hours ago, AWillOz said:

mind you, the arabs are known for their spending on ladyboys, according to my TW.!!!

because in their home countries they will be beheaded or stoned to death if they come from behind .... 

• Like 1

(High) quality tourists left and won't come back due to scams, corruption, overpricing, criminals, etc..

Low quality tourists are coming now... You get what you deserve !!!

3 hours ago, Redline said:

In 2016, a total of 66,960,943 U.S. citizens traveled outside the country

In terms of land mass, the United States and Europe are similar in size—the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers

Europeans think they travel more because they drive an hour to another country :post-4641-1156694572:Americans have a huge country of there own to explore.  That is one reason they stay "home".  Most European countries are the size of the smallest US states

67 million is a fair number of US citizens traveling .  If you are talking about visitors to Asia, sure there are more Europeans.  Much of Asia was colonized by Europe at some point in time, and the flights are cheaper and shorter that from the USA.

Obviously more Americans need to travel because of the 30 percent that voted for the current stooge in power, obviously never leave their neighborhoods

I live in America , would you say the overwhelming majority of that 66 million could be 30 million Hispanics going home to visit? Or like me when I go to Canada 5 times a year ? America is a beautiful country most people I speak to have never been abroad , Mexico or the Caribbean at best .

I read many posts but here are the facts and the numbers speak for themselves.

Oh, and what arrivals of "The Americas" are concerned from 1 January to 31 October 2017 at the airports of Bangkok...they didn't reach the top 15 of inbound tourism to Thailand and the number in comparison to other nations are low. 

THAILAND TouristArrivals(2016).gif

THAILAND LengthOfStay(2016).gif

THAILAND TourismExpenditurePerDay(2016).gif

THAILAND TOURISTS Clip_27-TOP-TEN-Country-regional-sources-of-visitors-to-Bangkok-by-1-15.jpg

Edited by LaoPo

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The message was clear: Where are all the nice ones - like Americans - who spend cash and behave well!?

No doubt found somewhere better to spend it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:

No doubt found somewhere better to spend it.

Have you read this post yet?

(High) quality tourists left and won't come back due to scams, corruption, overpricing, criminals, etc..
Low quality tourists are coming now... You get what you deserve !!!

What's high quality about tourists who come to get pissed out of their skulls, insult the local women and generally show disrespect for the culture?

This IS Pattaya we're talking about, y'know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

What's high quality about tourists who come to get pissed out of their skulls, insult the local women and generally show disrespect for the culture?

This IS Pattaya we're talking about, y'know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree Pattaya has never been classy but people always spent money . 

• Like 1

Well, as reported on the Hit and Run Restaurant Review thread I can report that many Chinese tourists are spending lots of money at good and rather expensive Chinese restaurants. So the people whining, maybe it's time to change their business model and try to sell them something they actually want!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2