Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like the ignorant a hole western people that stayed in a room next to me at TNPY beach and played their rubbish music too loudly at 3 am, or the English d heads that kept me awake all night partying in their room on Lamai.

falang come to thailand no have education  ?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Are you talking pub grub nuked in a microwave or proper cooking ? Proper cooks are some of the most skilled , intelligent on task people I know ! 

I don't know what you are getting so riled up about. I only said that cooking is a trade, which it is.

I have worked with skilled, intelligent on task people all my life and I have no problems with cooks.

Jai yen, jai yen.

PS I was apparently responding to 2 different posters. Seems adammike is the one getting upset for what I don't know.

BTW we didn't have a microwave.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know what you are getting so riled up about. I only said that cooking is a trade, which it is.

I have worked with skilled, intelligent on task people all my life and I have no problems with cooks.

Jai yen, jai yen.

PS I was apparently responding to 2 different posters. Seems adammike is the one getting upset for what I don't know.

Did you see who I replied to ? The person who said cooks were not skilled . If you reread what I wrote it was agreeing with you . Come on I shouldn’t have to point that out to you ?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, chrisandsu said:

Did you see who I replied to ? The person who said cooks were not skilled . If you reread what I wrote it was agreeing with you . Come on I shouldn’t have to point that out to you ?

C'mon. I said I had made a mistake in my response and it was adammike that was the one I should have been responding to.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:22 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

If you were correct, the Hilton hotel would not have any customers.

I have a friend who always stays there. Uses points from the business trips he makes. I suspect many do. It's a bonus of sorts.

On 01/12/2017 at 7:23 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Jai yen, jai yen.

I am not upset,why do you think I am?

On 11/27/2017 at 10:53 PM, chrisandsu said:

I live in America , would you say the overwhelming majority of that 66 million could be 30 million Hispanics going home to visit? Or like me when I go to Canada 5 times a year ? America is a beautiful country most people I speak to have never been abroad , Mexico or the Caribbean at best .

I worked at 5 different colleges and universities, and most people traveled, at least to Europe.  All of my friends and family have also, so I guess it depends on what you do, and who you surround yourself with.  I lived there 49 years 

I still like Thailand and will stay because of family commitments. However all the above reasons are why many do not visit anymore. The attitude of most Thais now is abysmal and rude. Prices for entertainment which tourists  want is far more expensive than neigbouring countries. Pi can sit on a lovely beach bar with attractive English speaking girls where a san mig is only 45php...thats 30baht, smokers can hve a field day with ciggies less than half price here. International food by far cheaper with local food similar prices to hear. With social media, all the nasty things that were never let out are there for everyone to see. Not a day goes by in Pattaya without a foreigner being atacked, sometimes their own fault but mostly not. 

The Indians and Arabs are here because they can't get it in their own country and many Thai women in Pattaya complain that Indians want a girl to accept being tag-teamed by like 6 guys for short time price etc...no wonder all the decent looking ones are on the Internet now instead of the bars. As for the Chinese, well...no need to say anything really.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:44 PM, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Add destroying the street markets and food stalls such as in BKK lower suk and the pee testing for drugs.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:02 PM, chrisandsu said:

I think whomever wants the Americans back must be remembering with nostalgia the Vietnam war ! Americans are not big travellers at all ! I think they are getting confused with europeans . Plus Mexico does not have decently women . Anything over 30 (most are in pattaya now ) in Mexico are normaly overweight and have a shed load of kids .

Earlier this year I tried to buy dollars - it took me ages to find a money exchange with any dollars. Also the American military can face court martial if found with a bar girl.and charged with y human trafficking. For  fleshpot the yanks  have DR CR and other south american places for wine women and song, legal pot etc etc

Thais prefer white tourists over non-white tourists? Oh really? Do these said Thais realize they are non-white as well?

Sounds like somebody needs to get on board the Jesse Jackson rainbow coalition freedom train posthaste and cutback on the Farage/Trump white nationalist firewater.

Reminds me of that old Marx brothers' joke about not wanting to belong to any club that would allow me as a member.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:02 AM, chrisandsu said:

I think whomever wants the Americans back must be remembering with nostalgia the Vietnam war ! Americans are not big travellers at all ! I think they are getting confused with europeans . Plus Mexico does not have decently women . Anything over 30 (most are in pattaya now ) in Mexico are normaly overweight and have a shed load of kids .

Tried to retire in Thailand.  After 3 years I had had enough of the BS.  I had been scammed at every turn, 7/11 teenagers trying to overcharge me, condo renters and MANAGEMENT extorting me, airport personnel intentionally sending me off in the wrong direction, little Chinese old man trying to shove me off the sidewalk, ladyboys hounding me, Big C employees sending me off in the wrong direction, cell phone employees ignoring me, and on and on.  The people have no concept of customer service, they don't realize that some of us are trying to be good retirees and they just wear us down.  I met people from all over the planet and 80% of them knew some English and Google translate did the rest but the Thai people, for the most part, couldn't care less about non-Thai visitors.  In other words...the place as a whole just ain't that friendly and just when it seems like you're getting along, you get stabbed in the back again.  And you are wrong about Mexico.  Spent many, many years there and if it weren't for Trump pissing them off, I'd go back.  AND, the food beats the hell out of Thai food.  However, if I ever visit Thailand again I won't be leaving the airport.... I'll be on my way somewhere else.  

1 hour ago, Joebuzz said:

Tried to retire in Thailand.  After 3 years I had had enough of the BS.  I had been scammed at every turn, 7/11 teenagers trying to overcharge me, condo renters and MANAGEMENT extorting me, airport personnel intentionally sending me off in the wrong direction, little Chinese old man trying to shove me off the sidewalk, ladyboys hounding me, Big C employees sending me off in the wrong direction, cell phone employees ignoring me, and on and on.  The people have no concept of customer service, they don't realize that some of us are trying to be good retirees and they just wear us down.  I met people from all over the planet and 80% of them knew some English and Google translate did the rest but the Thai people, for the most part, couldn't care less about non-Thai visitors.  In other words...the place as a whole just ain't that friendly and just when it seems like you're getting along, you get stabbed in the back again.  And you are wrong about Mexico.  Spent many, many years there and if it weren't for Trump pissing them off, I'd go back.  AND, the food beats the hell out of Thai food.  However, if I ever visit Thailand again I won't be leaving the airport.... I'll be on my way somewhere else.  

Good.  After 30 years travelling around Thailand i do not recognise the Thailand you describe.  I do however recognise the the personality type you seem to have which engenders and projects the negativity you describe.  Happy trails, podner. 

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Thais prefer white tourists over non-white tourists? Oh really? Do these said Thais realize they are non-white as well?

Sounds like somebody needs to get on board the Jesse Jackson rainbow coalition freedom train posthaste and cutback on the Farage/Trump white nationalist firewater.

Reminds me of that old Marx brothers' joke about not wanting to belong to any club that would allow me as a member.

Thais prefer white even among their own. 

18 hours ago, Joebuzz said:

I've lived in LOS way longer than you, and still prefer it to elsewhere. Of course there are things that annoy, but are you unable to count your change?

If ladyboys are hounding you go somewhere they aren't.

Big C employees sending me off in the wrong direction, cell phone employees ignoring me, and on and on. 

Far more likely they don't understand what you want. It's what they do when they don't understand. You do realise that English isn't their primary language, don't you?

Everyone gets scammed, but most of us learn each time so it doesn't happen again.

I'm guessing, but perhaps you never tried Thailand before moving over. Everything sounds pretty normal to me.

Seriously, you don't sound like the sort of person that can accept Thailand so would probably be better off not here. Down to you, of course as Thailand is what it is, and it's not up to them to cater to your idea of how it should be.

19 hours ago, Joebuzz said:

Seems like I've heard a song describing a similar predicament, in which you may take some comfort.

You must be American to complain that much.

On 27/11/2017 at 12:38 PM, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

Whole hearted agreement, you reap what you sow. And you dont have to look to far in Pattaya to see what the locals are sowing. All of the above.

I dont want to get into an argument about ethnicities, but a BKK taxi driver did recently spend an entire journey telling me how much he liked Westerners compared to 'non Westerners', he said they are quieter, politer, nicer and more generous. Then again, maybe he had the same story for every other ethnic group, possibly telling his Chinese passengers how much he prefers the Chinese etc.

Archived