US gays on "World Butt Photo Tour" anger Thais

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Thian said:

They demand us to respect them for being gay but themselves they won't give any respect to other cultures, that's showing how sick they are.

I separate their being gay, from their being disrespectful.  There's some in every bunch- gay, straight, and (I suppose) Martians.

God knows I've seen enough trashy behavior from straight mongers and drunk chicks on World Tour, even though I'm usually tucked in long before the wee hours when bad behavior hits its peak.

Mmmmmm..... I am stuck with this 'cheeky' action. I don't believe any religious building should ever be seen as anything more important than a man made Santa's grotto ( Is there such a thing as a non-man-made Santa's grotto??????).

Butt.......... See what I did there?..... I do understand that religion has a place in society................ And I understand that some people are raging homos who really need to get their <deleted> out in public.... That's the bit I don't like.............. Why the <deleted> are you getting your sexual organ out in public????

40 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

It would be just as offensive to the country, but more folks would prefer to overlook it.

Yes...... Just as (almost) anywhere in the world there are fewer queens here on TVF than other non-specific-gay forums, cities, building blah blah..... so yes, more people (straight people) probably would rather not see their hairy gay arse-cracks........ now, as gays also use TVF...... Would some of them step up and condemn this a-hole behaviour!

19 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

And once they've caught these two guys, maybe they can get back to exposing the monks who have sex with minors, do drugs, and sell people a load of old BS to make a quick buck in temples (on sacred ground). 

And when you've fixed those problems you can start on the perverts in churches and chapels back in UK. Just as many back there as here I would wager.

This is about two brainless f-ckwits staging a direspectful act in place that is important in the eyes and minds of the vast majority of Thai people.

There would be a similar response, or worse if it was done in front of Westminster Abbey or a war memorial in UK and rightly so.

For me, I would like to see them fined and blacklisted and the reason/s why broadcast in the foreign press.

Bring up local crimes doesn't lessen the disrespect this pair have demonstrated.

Thailand has a very open attitude to sexual preferences but doesn't need or want this.

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Because if you criticize these American Gay men for their behavior  then you are Anti-Gay.  Then one is accused of "Hate Speech".  It is one of the unintended results of Political Correctness.  This kind of behavior would not be tolerated at any American Monument but once again many are hesitant to criticize because of the potential backlash.  

Oh my they showed their butts. It's not the end of the world.Sometimes one needs to grow a sense of humor. 

Futhermore, ridiculing the fight for equal rights by gays, as 'political correctness' is false. These two have caused a few people some anger,  but nobody's human rights have been violated, yet these two probably could not even get married in their home country.

4 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

now, as gays also use TVF...... Would some of them step up and condemn this a-hole behaviour!

You sure they haven't?

Besides, what's their behavior got to do with being gay?  Other than the fact that it's 2 guys behaving badly.  Could have been just one hairy butt and one smooth, gorgeous one...

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Because if you criticize these American Gay men for their behavior  then you are Anti-Gay.  Then one is accused of "Hate Speech".  It is one of the unintended results of Political Correctness.  This kind of behavior would not be tolerated at any American Monument but once again many are hesitant to criticize because of the potential backlash.  

except no one has done that and this 'persecution' is in your own mind. Like most so called 'PC gone mad' stories, it is bs 

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And when you've fixed those problems you can start on the perverts in churches and chapels back in UK. Just as many back there as here I would wager.

This is about two brainless f-ckwits staging a direspectful act in place that is important in the eyes and minds of the vast majority of Thai people.

There would be a similar response, or worse if it was done in front of Westminster Abbey or a war memorial in UK and rightly so.

For me, I would like to see them fined and blacklisted and the reason/s why broadcast in the foreign press.

Bring up local crimes doesn't lessen the disrespect this pair have demonstrated.

Thailand has a very open attitude to sexual preferences but doesn't need or want this.

I'm sure the people in the UK can be doing that right now. Don't have to wait.

Sure, it was disrespectful. Just wish people also got this angry when monks do something a hell of a lot worse. If not more angry. 

Just going to put this out there...but why is this disrespectful??

I ask not to troll - But when you look at ancient thai mural paintings most of the people depicted in them are prancing around half naked - and particular attention is often paid to the norks on the ladies. 

Oddly many of these paintings adorn the walls of temples. 

Ancient painting of women with their hooters out on the walls of temples are fine?  But a photo of the arse (or a pair of)  isn't? Obviously looking at the former is nicer than the latter, but that's not the point. 

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I'm sure the people in the UK can be doing that right now. Don't have to wait.

Sure, it was disrespectful. Just wish people got this angry when monks do it. If not more angry. 

What makes you think they don't?

TV posters get angry with kiddy fiddlers, as they should.

3 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Just going to put this out there...but why is this disrespectful??

I ask not to troll - But when you look at ancient thai mural paintings most of the people depicted in them are prancing around half naked - and particular attention is often paid to the norks on the ladies. 

Oddly many of these paintings adorn the walls of temples. 

Ancient painting of women with their hooters out on the walls of temples are fine?  But a photo of the arse (or pair)  isn't? 

It has little to do with boobs, bums or temples, it the disrespect for flaunting their arse just because they are gay and think they have the right to do what they want when they want - well guess what - they don't. Maybe some straight guys should go and flash their dicks in front of these guy guys mum's - that should be ok by their standards.

47 minutes ago, Thian said:

What a complete idiots, i hope they all get arrested and in jail for some years.

The price for most idiotic post of the week goes to you. Surely you don't really think these two lads should be jailed for a few years, just because they showed their buts with Wat Arun in the background. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

It has little to do with boobs, bums or temples, it the disrespect for flaunting their arse just because they are gay and think they have the right to do what they want when they want - well guess what - they don't. Maybe some straight guys should go and flash their dicks in front of these guy guys mum's - that should be ok by their standards.

A nice reasoned response. 

Flaunting arse = gay = do what they want =  disrespect  Brilliant. I do like linear thinkers

5 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

The price for most idiotic post of the week goes to you. Surely you don't really think these two lads should be jailed for a few years, just because they showed their buts with Wat Arun in the background. 

No need for jail. Deported, blacklisted. If this behaviour was accepted it wouldn't be long before they started thinking walking around butt naked was ok.

Give people an inch.

Just now, Krataiboy said:

Silly <deleted>.

Why are the relatively modern slang words butt or ass considered OK, but the word a-se,  which has the same meaning plus the virtue of being part of the English language since the days of Chaucer (who used it frequently in the world-renowned Canterbury Tales) ruled unfit for ThaiVisa consumption?

There must be some sense behind censorship.

20 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Evidence of their alleged Intent? 

Two US gay lovers guys who like to post Instagram pictures of their butts at monuments around the world...

I'd leave out the part about them being gay, and from the US.  Those are red herrings.  They're 2 guys behaving badly to elicit some reaction from the interweb.

Edit:  One benefit of the interweb- they don't have to carve their initials and phallic symbols into the trees, rocks or walls any more to leave their permanent mark.  Probably cuts down on vandalism.

Archived