US gays on "World Butt Photo Tour" anger Thais

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jonclark said:

A nice reasoned response. 

Flaunting arse = gay = do what they want =  disrespect  Brilliant. I do like linear thinkers

Not sure if you are being  a smart arse (excuse the pun), being complimentary, or having a dig. But there I was thinking the headline said "US gays on" World butt photo tour"....... "

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Because if you criticize these American Gay men for their behavior  then you are Anti-Gay.  Then one is accused of "Hate Speech".  It is one of the unintended results of Political Correctness.  This kind of behavior would not be tolerated at any American Monument but once again many are hesitant to criticize because of the potential backlash.  

Really? Has someone actually said that? 

Because if you criticize these American Gay men for their behavior  then you are Anti-Gay.  Then one is accused of "Hate Speech".  It is one of the unintended results of Political Correctness.  This kind of behavior would not be tolerated at any American Monument but once again many are hesitant to criticize because of the potential backlash.  

US gays on "World Butt Photo Tour" anger Thais

7pm.jpg.1176b7d877573e6181d57f76c86756bc.jpg
Picture: TSood

Two US gay lovers who like to post Instagram pictures of their butts at monuments around the world have outraged the Thais.

"Joseph and Travis" - as they were named by Tsood.com - were picture baring their backsides in front of the Temple of Wat Arun.

Thais went online in droves to condemn the gays for showing their rear ends in front of the iconic temple that was built by one of the Chakri Dynasty kings and is occasionally visited by Thai Royalty for the kathin robe ceremony during the Royal Boat Procession.

Thais screamed that it was a sacred site and demanded the pictures were also....taken down. This eventually happened but not before the Thai contingent among the couple's 14,600 followers had given them a good ear bashing.

Joseph and Travis have previously posted derriere photography at the US Capitol in Washington and the Louvre museum in Paris.

Now apparently they are continuing their 'World Butt Tour' in South East Asia visiting Cambodia and Singapore as well as Thailand.

Better not get caught with your pants down lads.......

Source: TSood

tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-27

Not tolerated at an American monument? Did you bother to read the OP? Ha ha. I don't think it's a matter of pro or anti gay but rather a matter of prudishness vs. what's the big deal?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They demand us to respect them for being gay but themselves they won't give any respect to other cultures, that's showing how sick they are.

That is so incredibly idiotic. They don't represent all gay people. Only themselves. Would you be so idiotic and suggest two straights doing the same thing were behaving on behalf of all straight people.

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

That is a stretch. There hasn’t seemed to be any hesitation by either Thais or  farang to criticize their behavior. It would seem you are simply attempting to normalize your bigotry

28 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

Far Ggots  sake . These botty boys should be skewered up the ass with a sharp pole and hung from the top of Wat Arun . Disgraceful behaviour .

And you would prescribe the same treatment if the offender, in your mind, was a beautiful woman? Of course after you ogled the photos

It has little to do with boobs, bums or temples, it the disrespect for flaunting their arse just because they are gay and think they have the right to do what they want when they want - well guess what - they don't. Maybe some straight guys should go and flash their dicks in front of these guy guys mum's - that should be ok by their standards.

It's not just because they're gay. Where did you get that stupid idea? Like every time straights do something outrageous they do it just because they're straight? These guys are individuals. They made their own decision to play this game. I think it's kind of funny and I would if they were straight as well.

Once again, hang em and flog em! Then draw and quarter them after 24 hours on the rack! Isn't that what you Pattaya Dotards want????

No HOMOSEXUALS? err......well USAs 1.2 millions worth or 6,25 Thailands placed end to end worth. Not to mention the 50% of UK teens who are not 100% gay but admit to kissing other boys and having "plays" with the same sex in the showers or the clubs, according to a new poll.

Bring back Mathausen, I say! And Sobibor!

2 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

And you would prescribe the same treatment if the offender, in your mind, was a beautiful woman? Of course after you ogled the photos

Most men dont mind looking at females bottoms .

Most men dont want to see other mens bottoms .

I would find the act of two females showing their bottoms at a temple to be offensive as well , although I would enjoy looking at them

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That is so incredibly idiotic. They don't represent all gay people. Only themselves. Would you be so idiotic and suggest two straights doing the same thing were behaving on behalf of all straight people.

I have seen many more pictures of gays doing this around the world, it's a hype among them...something like planking.

Straight people also shouldn't do it but thats still less disgusting as when gays do it. 

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

BS. These guys are not only showing that they have but ARE <deleted>. And understand, thank you, I am left of center and an American. No one in their right mind defends this type of behavior, be they gay, green, fascists, etc. Yes, the PC has, at times, been indefensible but not so broad a brush, if you please. My vote, such behavior automatically earns a 10 year ban (if not for life).

I have seen many more pictures of gays doing this around the world, it's a hype among them...something like planking.

Straight people also shouldn't do it but thats still less disgusting as when gays do it. 

Have you? Never heard of it myself before.

Less disgusting? Not ashamed to express homophobia huh? Feel the hatred here. It's real.

1 minute ago, wwest5829 said:

BS. These guys are not only showing that they have but ARE <deleted>. And understand, thank you, I am left of center and an American. No one in their right mind defends this type of behavior, be they gay, green, fascists, etc. Yes, the PC has, at times, been indefensible but not so broad a brush, if you please. My vote, such behavior automatically earns a 10 year ban (if not for life).

I do think that a 10 year ban would be extreme . 

A slap on the wrist , or bum, would be sufficient 

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This seems to have happened only in your over-active imagination. There's plenty of criticism here, and in the Thai social media which succeeded in getting the photos taken down. It was dumb, culturally insensitive behavior whether the nutjobs are straight or gay.

44 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Why are the relatively modern slang words butt or ass considered OK, but the word a-se,  which has the same meaning plus the virtue of being part of the English language since the days of Chaucer (who used it frequently in the world-renowned Canterbury Tales) ruled unfit for ThaiVisa consumption?

There must be some sense behind censorship.

The English word is more vulgar traditionally, as is much of Chaucer's saucy language. It also emphasises more the functional anatomical aspect, whereas ass and butt more often than not just refer to the buttocks. The harmless word fanny in the US means buttocks too, but something quite different across the pond. 

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Corruption reigns, human trafficking and slavery continues unabatted, mindless slaughter on the roads, Bhudist monks corrupt and greedy.

But hey dont dare show your butt at a monument, stupid lightweight act really, and not as bad as graffiti at the old ruins in the ME done by Thais recently.

Dont be so sensible you're spoiling all the moronic outrage...and to fit in i will say, they should be horse whipped, butt becareful they might just like it..??

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Archived