Thanks for the memories - tearful sacked tourism minister goes online after PM boots her out

webfact

39 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

1.  What were the numbers seen "on the ground"?   Who collated your imaginary on-the-ground numbers?

2.  Says who?  What is the maximum number of arrivals that can be accommodated at every airport in Thailand by every incoming flight?  There are also more ways to enter Thailand than by air.

3.  Who said that they are counted as "tourists" as opposed to "arrivals" in the country?

4.  If someone enters the country after leaving are they not arrivals?  Why should they be excluded?  If you want to exclude those arrivals then you also have to exclude every other person who has left the country, for whatever reason, and then come back.  That would be every person who has visited Thailand more than once.

'...but chiefly, the tourists and revenues claimed were not reflected in actual revenue terms..."

Again, says who?  Hearsay doesn't count.

1. I didn't say 'numbers seen on the ground, I carefully said 'what was seen on the ground. Time for an eye checkup or remedial reading.

2. I didn't say that either. The numbers are available, it requires checking the flights, finding out the seat numbers and occupancy, and a bit or arithmetic. Go ahead.

3. It's been posted on TV - lots of times. Time to get the search button working I think.

4.  We aren't talking about arrivals, we're talking about numbers of tourists. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

Not a good refutation. Needs work. 4/10 is the best I can give.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Feel free to believe whomever you choose to.

Those of us been here more than a few years know whom we don't believe.

Of course you do, don't know if you're the spokesman for any others though, and I have also been here for more than a few years but my point was who are you believing? Official figures can be corroborated if necessary but if you're just believing in something that doesn't exist except in rumour then you don't have much of a case.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Of course you do, don't know if you're the spokesman for any others though, and I have also been here for more than a few years but my point was who are you believing? Official figures can be corroborated if necessary but if you're just believing in something that doesn't exist except in rumour then you don't have much of a case.

I am believing my own eyes when I see the empty streets, bars and restaurants compared to a few years ago. As for "official figures" ................. :whistling:

21 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

1. I didn't say 'numbers seen on the ground, I carefully said 'what was seen on the ground. Time for an eye checkup or remedial reading.

2. I didn't say that either. The numbers are available, it requires checking the flights, finding out the seat numbers and occupancy, and a bit or arithmetic. Go ahead.

3. It's been posted on TV - lots of times. Time to get the search button working I think.

4.  We aren't talking about arrivals, we're talking about numbers of tourists. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

1.  Well, we're talking about numbers so what else would you see "on the ground" relevant to numbers?

2.  Actually, you did, in so many words.   If the figures are there to be checked what are they, you must know if you're so sure of what you're claiming?  I'm not claiming those figures, you're the one disputing the official numbers, it's not up to me to check your uncorroborated stats.  So, go ahead.

3.  Now that is a joke!  So what if some anonymous, unknowledgeable Thaivisa member posts something uncheckable?  

4.  We may well be talking about arrivals, not specifically tourists, that was my point, I thought that was clear?  Again, who says they are being described as tourists, not arrivals in the statistics?  And Thaivisa posters don't count without evidence.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

1.  Well, we're talking about numbers so what else would you see "on the ground" relevant to numbers?

2.  Actually, you did, in so many words.   If the figures are there to be checked what are they, you must know if you're so sure of what you're claiming?  I'm not claiming those figures, you're the one disputing the official numbers, it's not up to me to check your uncorroborated stats.  So, go ahead.

3.  Now that is a joke!  So what if some anonymous, unknowledgeable Thaivisa  member posts something uncheckable?  

Sorry friend, you just passed my boredom level.

23 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Just ask most Brits back home these days about a holiday here and what do they say, You must be joking. That is a very polite answer. Silly sods have eaten the goose.

2 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Just ask most Brits back home these days about a holiday here and what do they say, You must be joking. That is a very polite answer. Silly sods have eaten the goose.

As it was predicted by Bangkok Jack that they would. Same as Spain, same as Greece (his quotes, I went to Spain once and it was good, but a long time ago; never been to Greece myself though I have a distant rellie who lives there and says it's in a poor state). Killed the golden goose? Yep. In good times, people get used to largesse, then they get greedy. And Thais are very very greedy (Kii Lop).

8 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I know that you don't seriously think that "asking most Brits after a holiday" what the arrival figures are in Thailand is a good argument.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

I know that you don't seriously think that "asking most Brits after a holiday" what the arrival figures are in Thailand is a good argument.

Read the post again, please - the comment was "about a holiday in Thailand" -  not "after a holiday in Thailand". I'm sure your apology will be accepted, but there again - after your accusatory tone.............:unsure:? .

Not sure whether it’s got anything to do with TAT, but maybe the new tourist minister can look into scrapping the excessive recent restrictions put on a 6 month visa, especially the one with an accompanying letter from your employer giving you permission to go, as that would help some LT travelers put off by this additional red tape.

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Read the post again, please - the comment was "about a holiday in Thailand" -  not "after a holiday in Thailand". 

He was talking about asking the question in relation to alleged evidence of false tourism figures provided by Brits who had holidayed here.  He wasn't suggesting that they were asked about their holiday!

Archived