Thanks for the memories - tearful sacked tourism minister goes online after PM boots her out

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minister for Tourism right, my 90 visa run returning to Suvarnabhumi airport on Monday Nov 27 at 3:30 pm.

Glad the PM got my complaint about this ridiculous immigration queue and replaced her; 1 & 1/2 hours of my life I will never get back.

With all due respect to the PM promoting Thailand 4.0, I think the more urgent need is for him to fix Thailand's 1.0 services, they are so broke, this immigration queuing issue has become " ubiquitous ".  

5a1e38d31f9ef_SuvarnabhumiAirport(BKK)-ImmiigrationQueue.png.e14546baca54a1a4e5752a2b4e9672d2.png

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He was talking about asking the question in relation to alleged evidence of false tourism figures provided by Brits who had holidayed here.  He wasn't suggesting that they were asked about their holiday!

"Just ask most Brits back home these days about a holiday here and what do they say, You must be joking."

To me, that comment has nothing at all to do with "alleged evidence of false tourist figures". It is simply a statement that says:-  "if you ask most Brits .............. oh, never mind! 

Sorry, wakeupplease, I believe this guy is twisting your words to suit his agenda. I did try, maybe you might be able to do a better job!

4 hours ago, sambum said:

"Just ask most Brits back home these days about a holiday here and what do they say, You must be joking."

To me, that comment has nothing at all to do with "alleged evidence of false tourist figures". It is simply a statement that says:-  "if you ask most Brits .............. oh, never mind! 

Sorry, wakeupplease, I believe this guy is twisting your words to suit his agenda. I did try, maybe you might be able to do a better job!

This thread deteriorated into a discussion about visitor numbers so what else could it reasonably have been about?

There's another "agenda" accusation, the other bloke couldn't explain what he meant by the comment you repeated, maybe you can explain to me what my agenda is as you so sagely see it?  I doubt it, though.

I'm pretty sure that wakeupplease doesn't need your assistance with anything.

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

This thread deteriorated into a discussion about visitor numbers so what else could it reasonably have been about?

There's another "agenda" accusation, the other bloke couldn't explain what he meant by the comment you repeated, maybe you can explain to me what my agenda is as you so sagely see it?  I doubt it, though.

I think that you are being deliberately obtuse - the comment that was made clearly meant that if you asked most Brits back home if they would want to have a holiday in Thailand, they would not be interested, did not want to know, "not on your nellie",  no thank you, no chance etc etc etc.

The thread had not deteriorated into a discussion about tourist numbers - that's just the way you see it - your agenda, if you like. Other things were discussed  about the  woman's lack of results in many areas - not just about tourist numbers, not about people who have already had a holiday in Thailand, as you misread it, but merely a comment that "if you asked most Brits back home ..................."  Oh, I give up! As a couple of other posters have done, so you can get back to your tourist numbers - true or false. P.S. I don't want or need a reply, as I now consider this discourse :mfr_closed1:

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

I guess u agenda here is to trigger us to make the thread longer by making smarty ass comments such as victim blaming etc.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I think that you are being deliberately obtuse - the comment that was made clearly meant that if you asked most Brits back home if they would want to have a holiday in Thailand, they would not be interested, did not want to know, "not on your nellie",  no thank you, no chance etc etc etc.

The thread had not deteriorated into a discussion about tourist numbers - that's just the way you see it - your agenda, if you like. Other things were discussed  about the  woman's lack of results in many areas - not just about tourist numbers, not about people who have already had a holiday in Thailand, as you misread it, but merely a comment that "if you asked most Brits back home ..................."  Oh, I give up! As a couple of other posters have done, so you can get back to your tourist numbers - true or false. P.S. I don't want or need a reply, as I now consider this discourse :mfr_closed1:

You don't get to decide whether I reply to a comment that you make to me, regardless of whether you consider it closed!

"I think that you are being deliberately obtuse..."

I'm being deliberately accurate, shame others can't do the same.

35 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I guess u agenda here is to trigger us to make the thread longer by making smarty ass comments such as victim blaming etc.

Now my opinions are "smarty ass comments" but yours don't fall into that category also?  Which victims am I blaming, and for what?

35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You don't get to decide whether I reply to a comment that you make to me, regardless of whether you consider it closed!

"I think that you are being deliberately obtuse..."

I'm being deliberately accurate, shame others can't do the same.

I just knew you couldn't resist!

By the way, nothing to do with being deliberately accurate :cheesy: 

ob·tuse

əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/

adjective

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

synonyms:stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless;

11 hours ago, sambum said:

I just knew you couldn't resist!

By the way, nothing to do with being deliberately accurate :cheesy: 

ob·tuse

əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/

adjective

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

synonyms:stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless;

I'm sure you recognize those qualities.  

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:26 PM, sambum said:

In the end, she has to be judged on the basis that she did or did not make the tourist experience of LOS better.

The reality says it all.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the end, she has to be judged on the basis that she did or did not make the tourist experience of LOS better.

The reality says it all.

Indeed, and also judged on some of the ridiculous comments/"promises" that she made - some of which have already been commented on already.

What do you think is the most outrageous one? Personally I like:-

"Thai tourism minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul is now pinning her hopes on Pokemon Go to keep the tourism industry afloat".

Or:-

"'Thailand is closed to sex trade', says country’s first female tourism minister"

she bett on the wrong horse, mass tourism - chinese
Quite a few Chinese tourist here on Ko Lipe spending loads of money. The western tourists are being replaced by Chinese and other nationals who go on shorter holidays but spend the same or more than Western tourists.

I been on a dive bout full of Chinese (scuba) and that is not cheap.

All this moaning is about less white faves other upcoming economies taking on the slack.

They don't need white faces other Asians will do too. If our currencies were stronger the white faces would be back in no time.

For those never having visited Koh Lipe its an reasonably expensive place compared to other parts of Thailand.

In previous years i saw more white faces now i see more Asians even Thais (on Holliday).

So the Brits mentioned here are of no consequence others picked up the slack.

As for the sex industry so loved by the older white generation its becoming less because of white older tourist numbers dropping because of the exchange rate and prices going up as many ladies can now make money in other jobs.

Personally i lost interest in the sex industry quite fast after living here. I was relatively young 30ies and did not have to pay to get laid. Maybe if im older ill miss it if i still want to have sex with girls half my age or younger.

The time us whites meant something is rapidly comming to an end with lower exchange rates and other upcoming economies.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Quite a few Chinese tourist here on Ko Lipe spending loads of money. The western tourists are being replaced by Chinese and other nationals who go on shorter holidays but spend the same or more than Western tourists.

I been on a dive bout full of Chinese (scuba) and that is not cheap.

All this moaning is about less white faves other upcoming economies taking on the slack.

They don't need white faces other Asians will do too. If our currencies were stronger the white faces would be back in no time.

For those never having visited Koh Lipe its an reasonably expensive place compared to other parts of Thailand.

In previous years i saw more white faces now i see more Asians even Thais (on Holliday).

So the Brits mentioned here are of no consequence others picked up the slack.

As for the sex industry so loved by the older white generation its becoming less because of white older tourist numbers dropping because of the exchange rate and prices going up as many ladies can now make money in other jobs.

Personally i lost interest in the sex industry quite fast after living here. I was relatively young 30ies and did not have to pay to get laid. Maybe if im older ill miss it if i still want to have sex with girls half my age or younger.

The time us whites meant something is rapidly comming to an end with lower exchange rates and other upcoming economies.

You may get your wish soon The white faces might soon disappear I dont care about older men having sex with girls half there age because i think it is disgusting But the Chinese being big spenders think again A white face goes a resturant to eat  and drink  A Chinese will snack on the beach with a bottle of water

You may get your wish soon The white faces might soon disappear I dont care about older men having sex with girls half there age because i think it is disgusting But the Chinese being big spenders think again A white face goes a resturant to eat  and drink  A Chinese will snack on the beach with a bottle of water
Not what i have seen here in lipe. Maybe in othsr places not all Chinese are the same.

Archived