BANGKOK 24 February 2019 05:02

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thanks for the memories - tearful sacked tourism minister goes online after PM boots her out

11 minutes ago, Yme said:

Commerce and Tourism have been the two successes of the junta. Getting rid of these two ministers while keeping several others (who just happen to be military) makes it look more like clearing out the civilians.

Perhaps the chairman of the board of investment should be axed. Oh, but wait, that's under the PMs office. He would have to seppuku

<snip>However, total FDI in 2016, in addition to the current two quarters of 2017, has dropped to levels last seen in the wake of the Asian financial crisis.Record high figures in 2013 of Bt513 billion ($15.1 billion) dropped to Bt374 billion ($112 billion) as of the second quarter of 2017, largely due to a pulling back of investment by Japan.From Bt310 billion ($9.1 billion) in 2013, Japanese investment in Thailand fell to Bt125 billion ($3.8 billion) in 2017.<snip>

Thank you for the link. Excellent article which explains a lot as to why the country is going down the economic gurgler under the control of the junta.

Junta Reforms Fail to Stem Japanese Foreign Investment Flight https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/junta-reforms-fail-to-stem-japanese-foreign-investment-flight/#ixzz4zh43xVEh

20 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Will we get some honest arrival figures now I wonder ?

Those are "no more free money tears"

20 hours ago, JoePai said:

Can anyone say how she actually got the job in the first place  ?

Probably the large brown envelope containing her CV & gratitude for hiring her.

I hope the replacement does a better job. You do not get sacked if you've been doing a good job unless there's a friend/relative that wants it.

Sports Authority in Bangkok not welcome to tourist. This department was run by her organization. I say good job Prayutt. The closest thing I found that mingles tourist with Thais in  sports is the outdoor gym in Lumphini Park. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: She would have cracked me up until the end :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:...

I will never forgot her uber sense of humor...

- Let's end prostitution.

- Let's tag them foreigners with writhbands.

- Pokemon Go will save Thailand tourism.

- Let' tag them foreigner with trackable Simcards.

- Let's make Pattaya a family tourist destination

- Let's lure them quality tourists.

- The list goes on :guitar:

The problem here is that the "Boss" does not know what he wants.

Maybe she suggested the Government spent some money on road safety or building decent sewerage treatment plants on Phi Phi, Pattaya or Phuket ?

Sure way to get fired as the money is for the military, subs, & chuffa trains not to waste on infrastructure

Good Riddance, she will not be missed. :coffee1: 

14 hours ago, amvet said:

It is a true wonder anyone comes here and in increasing numbers every year.

TouristArrivals2002-2016.jpg

Strange, I came here in 2005 and the place was mobbed, you had to hunt for an empty deckchair on Jomtien beach.

Now we have 3 times the number and you could get 200 chairs each .......if it is not a Wednesday.

Is she the same tourism Minister that coined the phrase....... "No Sex Please...... WE are Thai" .............

and started the government crack down on massage shops, bars, and any others offering sexual services...............

BS....... Thais aren't like that,,,,,,,,, Thais like sex..... Just ask any Thai boy (and the baby he fathered).....LOL......

If SHE is the one who said..... "NO SEX Please........ WE  ARE THAI"........ Then.............. good riddance and bye bye............

are

28 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Strange, I came here in 2005 and the place was mobbed, you had to hunt for an empty deckchair on Jomtien beach.

Now we have 3 times the number and you could get 200 chairs each .......if it is not a Wednesday.

They are not prob not using the deck chairs because they are to busy picking up the rubbish on the beach:passifier: