Did I make a mistake? Should she get a job?

SoulWater

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

She is not my “employee”
The salary is my appreciation, she won’t leave me if her salary would be late, but even if she does, who cares? You think that because you don’t pay salary you have a better chance? With your attitude...?

She is an employee.

Employees get paid salaries.

Kid yourself all you like but if you stopped paying, she'd be gone for dust.

Who cares? After 17 years???

You'd be in bits.

Don't confuse love with commerce, bro

She is an employee.
Kid yourself all you like but if you stopped paying, she'd be gone for dust.

Who cares? After 17 years???
You'd be in bits.
Don't confuse love with commerce, bro

I am happy that’s what counts for me. I wish the same for you, try to be less negative and bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

I am happy that’s what counts for me. I wish the same for you, try to be less negative and bitter.

Negative??

What's negative about being factual?

I'm happy you're happy - I never suggested otherwise - i just said you have an employee.

In USA labor law, there is the doctrine of Employment-at-will which means that an employee can be fired without cause at any time and without any required prior notice.

If I can have a long-term relationship like that in Thailand without marriage, then I am happy to pay for it.

2 hours ago, BV70 said:

Most blokes around the world have a problem paying a salary for a girlfriend...

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

And yet most blokes around the world who have regular girlfriends, partners or "friends with benefits" do seem to spend an awful lot of money on the ladies!

However you term it..."no money, no honey" is pretty much a worldwide thing whether you're paying directly or indirectly in cash or in gifts.

Someone cleverer than I once said  "free sex is the most expensive sex of all" - think about it. :ermm:

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

I seem to recall in one of the Western women threads, you said you got married as a virgin and stayed in a de facto sexless marriage with her for nearly 30 years.

No wonder you're so bitter towards men who've had normal, healthy sexual relationships with women.

I actually feel a little sorry for you having to wait until your 70s to discover the joys of abundant sex.

Your recollection is correct. However, in my 50's I started scoring pretty well, having abandoned the morality you seem to prize so highly as the reformed sex addict.

I am not bitter towards other men. I am bitter about a legal system which legalises theft.

My attitude to you is coloured by the fact I don't suffer fools gladly.

Just now, bazza73 said:

Your recollection is correct. However, in my 50's I started scoring pretty well, having abandoned the morality you seem to prize so highly as the reformed sex addict.

I am not bitter towards other men. I am bitter about a legal system which legalises theft.

My attitude to you is coloured by the fact I don't suffer fools gladly.

Not Suffer fools gladly and marrying as a Virgin and staying together sex less for  30 years are not aligned. Bitterness and regret is more accurate.

4 hours ago, luk AJ said:

A friend once told me if you want to play on the stock exchange or spend money on a woman, do it with “cold” money meaning money you don’t really need. If you can do that, life is fun. If you can’t, you will hit the wall one day that’s for sure..because wether their love is real or not you will never now.

As a former hardcore private trader for my own company, that is very, very true. It is cold money. It is always the one trade that goes sideways that still, even to this day, comes back to bite and I am talking about a timespan even 15-20 years later. In other words, people just generally suck and only remember bad things. Same goes for money and women. 

What have I learnt in life now? 

Don't bet with more than you can lose to afford to kiss goodbye and that goes double with women. Within this forum, I read many, many stories about how well people are doing with their life. I have had the pleasure to meet a lot of people here in Thailand. Once speaking to the wife or girlfriend of many a farang, those statements are pretty well either real or false.  

About the only thing that rings a tolling bell on all of this is most the of the women if they have a farang partner/boyfriend/husband is they are not missing out on the money train. The jealousy I see from other girls that are even close friends to my wife is at times, just too crazy to believe.

10 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Are you suggesting that if divorce laws were more fair in the West you wouldn't be paying for sex in Thailand?

If the divorce laws didn't give her my house, my savings, my children, my pension she would still be married to me, and I'd still be getting no sex.

And I definitely wouldn't be paying for sex with much younger women in Thailand and the Philippines, I recon I got a good deal!

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

If the divorce laws didn't give her my house, my savings, my children, my pension she would still be married to me, and I'd still be getting no sex.

And I definitely wouldn't be paying for sex with much younger women in Thailand and the Philippines, I recon I got a good deal!

Till you get roasted by such divorce laws, you do not understand how great Thailand is once you walk-a-way from the mess. 

Thailand is a good deal and I am not talking about paid sex. I am talking about getting away from the shit of it all.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

And yet most blokes around the world who have regular girlfriends, partners or "friends with benefits" do seem to spend an awful lot of money on the ladies!

However you term it..."no money, no honey" is pretty much a worldwide thing whether you're paying directly or indirectly in cash or in gifts.

Someone cleverer than I once said  "free sex is the most expensive sex of all" - think about it. :ermm:

Rubbish

A large percentage of those blokes are having money spent on them by their gainfully-employed girlfriends, partners or "friends with benefits".

You guys really do need to drag yourselves out of the 1940s.

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Rubbish

A large percentage of those blokes are having money spent on them by their gainfully-employed girlfriends, partners or "friends with benefits".

Thanks for announcing that you were about to talk rubbish - very kind of you!

BUT to respond - I'm sure they are...however without actual figures, you and i will never be sure, but I would still say that there are more blokes paying than ladies whether we're in the 1940s or 2017.

AND.... if you add into the equation the usual (not always, before you choke) age disparity between foreign blokes and Thai women, I think my assertion holds true.

I'm not just referring to ex-ladies of the night either. I know at least 3 couples where he's over 60 and she's under 40 and never worked in a bar (as far as is known) - but he has more money, therefore...... And to be fair, i know one where the opposite holds true for some of the time - his work is sporadic but very well paid and hers is regular but on a Thai Salary so she contributes when he's not working. 

So I stand by my original comment including the phrase "most blokes around the world..."  I didn't say all, did I?

FROM THE OP : I thought I might get a few responses from you guys and do like the debating! Everything I said was the truth and as a secondary update we have moved into a rented house (a very cool place) I love this country but I also love still connecting with fellow foreigners (farang) as sometimes that is difficult to do in day to day life where I live - this is why I love ThaiVisa forums!  Don't argue/banter too much with each other based on this post though - In a few weeks I will probably have a new topic for us to get stuck into - I am contemplating buying a small dog - any recommendations would be much appreciated - big respect to everyone that has replied with good/bad recommendations or comments :)

11 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

She is an employee.

Kid yourself all you like but if you stopped paying, she'd be gone for dust. <snip>

But you never seem to look at the flip-side of the equation that, if you wanted to get rid of her, that would be a good way to get her to leave.

10 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Rubbish

Yep.

A lot of people on this forum have trouble believing and even take an issue :laugh: about my wife being employed and working for an international company in Bangkok.... AS IF this is some kind of a miracle in the city where there is such a large international presence.

And then just watch them go apechit :) when I tell them I live in her house and that her parents (not me) bought us a house, paid for our wedding and forked money for sinsod show.

To be perfectly honest although all my western gfs had decent jobs, they would usually crash at my place. This one's a forever keeper :) :) :) 

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

A lot of people on this forum have trouble believing and even take an issue :laugh: about my wife being employed and working for an international company in Bangkok.... AS IF this is some kind of a miracle in the city where there is such a large international presence.

Nobody really cares as you aren't an old guy living with a girl half his age.

Which is what these posts are all about.

On the other hand,

My Thai Bil (IT guy for a large hotel chain) married to a Thai lady (schoolteacher his own age), pays her his entire wage every month, hands her the wage packet (unopened) and she hands him 100-200bht to go out and buy some beer. His life ain't all that great.

My other Bil (policeman) hardly ever sees his wife, too busy drinking and chasing hookers.

It isn't as if the Thai men are getting a much different deal from us.

8 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Nobody really cares as you aren't an old guy living with a girl half his age.

Which is what these posts are all about.

On the other hand,

My Thai Bil (IT guy for a large hotel chain) married to a Thai lady (schoolteacher his own age), pays her his entire wage every month, hands her the wage packet (unopened) and she hands him 100-200bht to go out and buy some beer. His life ain't all that great.

What is a wage packet?

13 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

On the other hand,

Although his wife probably takes care of the the house running bills and deals with all the financial aspects of family life and he gets a bit of pocket money for his daily living expenses

14 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Rubbish

In the West we older guys can't drag ourselves out of the '40s when the only women available to us also came out of the '40s.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Not fair.

I believe most of you guys when you say you are paying for sex.

I'd rather pay for great sex than have mediocre sex for free. The problem of course is that it can never be proven what is great as opposed to mediocre. To me great sex is something akin to Tantric sex ( but obviously i'm not getting into specifics on here ), while others need trampolines and feather dusters etc.

Seriously, I'm happy for anyone that actually gets enough to be happy, whether they pay for it or not. A man that got a leg over the night before is a pleasure to be around while one that got refused.....................................................

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd rather pay for great sex than have mediocre sex for free. The problem of course is that it can never be proven what is great as opposed to mediocre. To me great sex is something akin to Tantric sex ( but obviously i'm not getting into specifics on here ), while others need trampolines and feather dusters etc.

Or even wet celery....... :smile:

4 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Considering the monstrosities I've seen a lot of codgers walking around with, their money don't go as far as it used to

Finally something I can agree with you about. Some of the horrors that I see with farangs ( and not always old ones ) make me wonder if "love potions" actually exist, as if I woke up next to one I'd run screaming from the room.

I can only surmise desperation over rules vision.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Finally something I can agree with you about. Some of the horrors that I see with farangs ( and not always old ones ) make me wonder if "love potions" actually exist, as if I woke up next to one I'd run screaming from the room.

I can only surmise desperation over rules vision.

The 10 you married can quickly turn into a 'horror', given a life of leisure, a couple of babies, and unlimited food, I find it completely explicable.

4 hours ago, Mac98 said:

In the West we older guys can't drag ourselves out of the '40s when the only women available to us also came out of the '40s.

I don't understand why it is that just because we are old we have to get it on with someone that looks like our grannies ( do grannies actually want sex anyway? ).

No matter how disagreeable my Thai wife became in the last 2 years of our slowly disintegrating marriage I was always able to console myself with the knowledge that she was still a very good looking woman, and I had no problems looking at her when I woke up in the morning.

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

The 10 you married can quickly turn into a 'horror', given a life of leisure and unlimited food I find it completely explicable.

My ex was never under any false impression that she was marrying me for a life of leisure, and even when I left her she could have got her hips inside one leg of my shorts.

Archived