Change B To O Within Thailand?

Following on from a previous post I made . . .

I wish to change my non-imm B visa to an O visa (support of Thai wife). Since I will be getting a WP next week, previous posters are correct that I don't need to change my visa type.

However, I prefer to change to O because this gives me a little more security should my employment end. I would not have to leave LoS!

That being the case, what is the procedure to change a multi non-imm B visa to an O visa? Can this be done within Thailand? (I would have my WP when I apply for the change).

I would then wish to extend this O visa, based on the 40k salary requirement etc. Right now, our business is new, so we don't have 3 months of tax papers to show. Presumably, when I apply for the O extension, that will be 3 months down the line and I therefore should have these tax papers available, (but please tell me if I have misunderstood anything!)

For the O extension, is there any requirement to produce company/tax papers older than 3 months? I read somewhere that you also had to show an annual return.

Sorry if I'm repeating some questions that I asked before. I really want to make sure that it's all crystal clear for me so that I don't go and mess anything up when my B visa is near its expiration :o

Simon

I wish to change my non-imm B visa to an O visa (support of Thai wife). Since I will be getting a WP next week, previous posters are correct that I don't need to change my visa type.

If you want a beautiful non-O visa stamped or glued into your passport you must go to a Thai embassy or consulate somewhere in the world.

If you are currently in Thailand on the basis of an annual extension of stay after having entered on a non-B visa, you can change your status of you permission to stay by indicating something like “to live with my Thai wife” as the reason on your next application for extension of stay. No need to travel abroad.

If you thought of getting Immigration to change your visa status from non-B to non-O, this cannot be done. The non-B visa you had no longer matters and has probably long since expired. All Immigration can do is act on your new application for extension with your new reason for the extension. I believe Immigration’s stamp granting the extension indicates the reason for which it was granted.

--

Maestro

Hi Maestro, the no-imm B visa that I have expires mid-March 2007. It's the 4th one-year B visa that I have had now. But I have never extended these visas.

If I have to get the O visa outside of Thailand then I either return to the UK (which might be possible), or I have to go to a neighbouring country. But I read so many reports about neighbouring countries changing policy etc and not issuing these issues. I'll read so0me more posts to see what the current situation is.

Simon

I have not seen any Consulate mentioned that will not issue at least a single entry non immigrant O visa if you are married and present the documents. Multi entry is often still available at several.

Is it your visa that expires in mid-May or you current permitted to remain stamp? If it is your visa you can depart early May and get another stamp until early August giving you plenty of time to get documents in order for family extension of stay. There will not be any need for another visa.

Hi Maestro, the no-imm B visa that I have expires mid-March 2007. It's the 4th one-year B visa that I have had now. But I have never extended these visas.

If I have to get the O visa outside of Thailand then I either return to the UK (which might be possible), or I have to go to a neighbouring country. But I read so many reports about neighbouring countries changing policy etc and not issuing these issues. I'll read so0me more posts to see what the current situation is.

Simon

You do not have an extension of stay based on business. Hence if your employment ended, you would not need to leave the country in 7 days.

No reason to change a "B" to an "O" visa. If you want to get a extension now and have it based on marriage to a Thai. You can do so. The extension of stay based on marriage will be extended from your 90 day entry stamp NOT off the one year or 90 day "B" or "O" or ""M" or whatever "letter" non immigrant visa you have from the Embassy.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com