Lift plunges after Chinese tour group push and shove their way in

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, smileydude said:

Had no idea an elevator cable could snap because it was 5 people over capacity??!!

Are 5 Chinese tourists that heavy?

Thinking either crappy maintenance or crappy engineering

The cable did not snap.  Thinking either crappy reading ability or crappy speculation.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

The cable did not snap.  Thinking either crappy reading ability or crappy speculation.

The lift plunged.  Emergency brakes applied.  Sounds like cable problems to me but I'd like to hear your expert opinion instead of crappy insults.

Just shows you have a crappy EQ.

1 hour ago, smileydude said:

The lift plunged.  Emergency brakes applied.  Sounds like cable problems to me but I'd like to hear your expert opinion instead of crappy insults.

Just shows you have a crappy EQ.

You won't hear my expert opinion about lifts because I'm not an expert.  I can read, though, and if you bothered to read other news reports, try the Bangkok Post, you'd know that the lift did not plunge anywhere, it dropped a few inches before stopping and no one was hurt in the small drop.

Funny that's it's ok for you to aim your "crappy insults" at Thais ("crappy maintenance or crappy engineering") but you don't approve when you're on the receiving end. Hypocrisy rules, eh?

"Just shows you have a crappy EQ."

Do you know what that is?   If so, how do you reckon that it applyies to me in this instance?

On 11/27/2017 at 10:09 PM, emanphoto said:

In Japan the elevators sound a warning and will not move if overloaded.

I have had that experience in Thailand.  Two or three times.  Everyone stood there until the last one or two people exited the elevator. 

On 2017-11-28 at 3:38 AM, worgeordie said:

important

to not mention name of hotel,must save face.

You are obsessed with face saving. Have you ever considered it might result in a loss of income for the hotel and the business, when they are clearly not responsible for the lift breaking down?

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

You are obsessed with face saving. Have you ever considered it might result in a loss of income for the hotel and the business, when they are clearly not responsible for the lift breaking down?

I am not obsessed with anything !,have you ever considered,when they dont name,

a product that can do harm,so consumers dont have the choice to use it or not,

the lift belongs to the hotel,its theirs,surely they must be responsible for it ?,and

that is the problem here few people,companies want to take responsibility for anything,

they use any means not to,even threat to sue,even though the complainant is right. 

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I am not obsessed with anything !,have you ever considered,when they dont name,

a product that can do harm,so consumers dont have the choice to use it or not,

the lift belongs to the hotel,its theirs,surely they must be responsible for it ?,and

that is the problem here few people,companies want to take responsibility for anything,

they use any means not to,even threat to sue,even though the complainant is right. 

regards worgeordie

Products that can do harm. Yes, of course they should be namned. That, on the other hand is totally different from this.
Here you have 15 people going into an elevator, without caring about the limitations of maximum 10 people.
The hotel have been taking responisibility, due to that there is a sign to read. I also assume that the elevator was checked and controlled regulary with the required sticker.
That´s the hotels responsibility, and they can not be responsible for stupid people overloading the elevator and can´t bother to read and wait.
Therefore it´s perfectly in order to not mention the hotels name in this case and particular incident. Naturally there is other cases where it would have been right to comment and complain they way you did, but not in this case.

It´s all about seeing colors of different, and just not put all the things that happens in black and white. 

On 2017-11-29 at 11:55 PM, cat handler said:

So call bullshite.....lifts have an overload indicator built in, an alarm sounds and it won’t move. 3 farang will overload the lift in Top Inn near Soi Nana.

And that applies to all lifts and elevators? Appearently not, would be my answer.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Products that can do harm. Yes, of course they should be namned. That, on the other hand is totally different from this.
Here you have 15 people going into an elevator, without caring about the limitations of maximum 10 people.
The hotel have been taking responisibility, due to that there is a sign to read. I also assume that the elevator was checked and controlled regulary with the required sticker.
That´s the hotels responsibility, and they can not be responsible for stupid people overloading the elevator and can´t bother to read and wait.
Therefore it´s perfectly in order to not mention the hotels name in this case and particular incident. Naturally there is other cases where it would have been right to comment and complain they way you did, but not in this case.

It´s all about seeing colors of different, and just not put all the things that happens in black and white. 

A dodgy lift can do a lot of harm,you make a lot of assumptions,was the lift checked regularly?

with the service sticker?, I dont know, neither do you,but something was wrong with it,even if

it was overloaded it should not have moved anywhere,up or down,but it did !

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

A dodgy lift can do a lot of harm,you make a lot of assumptions,was the lift checked regularly?

with the service sticker?, I dont know, neither do you,but something was wrong with it,even if

it was overloaded it should not have moved anywhere,up or down,but it did !

regards Worgeordie

Regarding the checks and the sticker. Yes, I make a sensible assumption there. If that was not there and done, I do think it would have been mentioned in the news as it is very newsworth for a story. How do you know that an overloaded elevator shouldn´t move. Is it a fair assumption that you think the information regarding the maximum amount of people is there for no reason at all? 

Must be hard to always try to be right, even when the facts are against you. No meaning to continue. Have a nice day!

17 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Regarding the checks and the sticker. Yes, I make a sensible assumption there. If that was not there and done, I do think it would have been mentioned in the news as it is very newsworth for a story. How do you know that an overloaded elevator shouldn´t move. Is it a fair assumption that you think the information regarding the maximum amount of people is there for no reason at all? 

Must be hard to always try to be right, even when the facts are against you. No meaning to continue. Have a nice day!

The Hotel was not even mentioned,neither were reports that the lift had regular checks,

and a sticker to prove it,you have been here long enough to know that maintenance,is

not a high priority here,when it breaks then it might get fixed.

The sign in the lift for say 10 people is there,because that is what the lift is safely

made to lift ,and if any more cram in ,the lift has mechanisms that prevent in from 

working,and an alarm will go off,or message saying it is overloaded,thats if its maintained

You are making the lift the subject here, for me it's that the hotel was not mentioned, 

which you first quoted me on,the same thing happened at a hotel here in Chiang Mai,

6 people mysteriously died in their rooms,at first the name of the Hotel was not named

in the press,it was first named on TVF,it has now been demolished, BUT would you not

want to know the name of the hotel,if you were planning a trip to Chiang Mai,at that 

time.? I am sensible assuming you would,

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The Hotel was not even mentioned,neither were reports that the lift had regular checks,

and a sticker to prove it,you have been here long enough to know that maintenance,is

not a high priority here,when it breaks then it might get fixed.

The sign in the lift for say 10 people is there,because that is what the lift is safely

made to lift ,and if any more cram in ,the lift has mechanisms that prevent in from 

working,and an alarm will go off,or message saying it is overloaded,thats if its maintained

You are making the lift the subject here, for me it's that the hotel was not mentioned, 

which you first quoted me on,the same thing happened at a hotel here in Chiang Mai,

6 people mysteriously died in their rooms,at first the name of the Hotel was not named

in the press,it was first named on TVF,it has now been demolished, BUT would you not

want to know the name of the hotel,if you were planning a trip to Chiang Mai,at that 

time.? I am sensible assuming you would,

regards worgeordie

Excuse me! 6 people dying in hotel rooms, and a lift not working as supposed with an overload is NOT same.
By the way, I will not even try to consider the sensibility of what your are trying hard to assume.

I quoted you on the right of a hotel that don´t want to be mentioned in the name and sensibility of an accident that was caused out of peoples negligence to read a sign, right?

Oooh! Forgot! Sorry, Regards, Get Real

Archived