Noisy bike gate: Video footage shows attack on Swiss man in Pattaya

webfact

Noisy bike gate: Video footage shows attack on Swiss man in Pattaya

wp.jpg

video screenshot

Video footage has emerged of the moment a Swiss tourist was assaulted in Pattaya.

The incident which is believed to have taken place on Sunday evening resulted in Andreas Lechne, 55, suffering a serious head injury.

Mr Lechne claimed he was attacked because he turned off a motorcycle which belonged to someone he didn’t know as it was parked outside a BBQ chicken stall at Soi 16 on Sai 2.

Mr Lechne said that the he was annoyed by the man riding the motorcycle who left the “noisy” bike unattended as he went to buy food at a neighbouring stall.

However, CCTV footage of the incident shows a slightly different version of events but one which results in a defenceless Mr Lechne being bashed around the head by the rider of the motorcycle.

The footage, which has been shared on Thai social media, shows Mr Lechne lean across the rider of the motorcycle and turn off the engine.

There appears to be an exchange of words before Mr Lechne goes to sit down on a bench with his back to the motorbike rider.

The man then gets off the bike and walks over to Mr Lechne who has his back to his attacker, hitting the Swiss man strongly around the side of the head, sending him falling to the floor.

It is not known if police are investigating the incident.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-28

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some westeners just feel a bit too superior when abroad.

Sorry for the wounded tourist, but he would have avoided the whole issue in just minding his own business.

I will get a good bashing here for saying this, but if people rant in real life as they do so here, it's just no surprise that such things occur.

Wish the poor fellow a prompt recovery and hope the suspect is arrested and jailed nevertheless.

26 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry for the wounded tourist, but he would have avoided the whole issue in just minding his own business.

I will get a good bashing here for saying this, but if people rant in real life as they do so here, it's just no surprise that such things occur.

Wish the poor fellow a prompt recovery and hope the suspect is arrested and jailed nevertheless.

100% spot on, except for the arrested and jailed part.  We both know that isn't going to happen, observer.

In any part of the world that was a total invasion of the Thai guy's privacy and was obviously minding his own business while browsing his phone.  

My wife would've given me a bigger beating for bringing serious danger to our doorstep by leaning over the guy and turning off his machine.  He could've just got up and moved away to a quieter part of the street.

Mr Swissie won't be doing that again in hurry.  Hope he recovers well but, as I already stated, he kind of had it coming.

15 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

was this an episode of Come Dancing?

That punch wouldn't have floored my 79 year old mum, blind side or not, unless he had something in his hand.

You reckon?  The Thai guy would've had it out with him one way or another and Mr Swissie wouldn't have come off any better.  

This is a perfect example of what not to do while on your hols in LOS.  

The idiot bike driver was killing the lungs with exhaust fumes of the guy sitting on the bench. He probably said turn it off thai guy not understands English so he turns it off..

now he get punched in the head from behind and well case closed i guess. But the thai should be in jail and pay all medicall bills and a polluting fine on top!

21 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

The idiot bike driver was killing the lungs with exhaust fumes of the guy sitting on the bench. He probably said turn it off thai guy not understands English so he turns it off..

now he get punched in the head from behind and well case closed i guess. But the thai should be in jail and pay all medicall bills and a polluting fine on top!

"he probably said"

Don't make up stories, the Swiss moron started this.

One thing I learned in life early, i.e. if something bothers you, isolate it, once you have isolated it, solve the problem.

Problem, the guy on the bike is parked illegally on the footpath and has engine running, which in turn is polluting my lungs, and is so load that I cannot hear myself talking, so its noisy and irritating me. 

So I have isolated the problem, now what are my options:

1) Go over and turn it off and get beat up.....not a good idea

2) Move further along and say nothing....good idea, problem solved

How easy is it to isolate and solve your "own" problems if you actually think it through, enjoy your trip back to Sweden my friend, and learn from "your" mistakes, I hope. 

29 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Move down the soi by just a few yards and problem solved.  I'm guessing Mr Swissie also had a few beers of the Dutch courage variety which assisted him in formulating his response.

Anyway, how do we know that the bike was excessively noisy?  Looks like a regular 125/150 to me.

1 minute ago, nausea said:

Yeah, guessed we only had half the story. Seemed a rather half-hearted push-punch to me. Anyway, the Swiss guy was lucky, a blow to the back of the head can cause permanent injury.

The first half of the story consisted of Mr Swissie turning off the machine whilst Mr Thai was in the shop.  That was obviously complete nonsense.  

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Superior, or perhaps just too nosey, they like getting involved in the business of strangers.

For example, I don't talk to strangers here unless there's a good reason to - Thais don't either, it's just weird. It's also embarrassing. The last thing a foreigner needs is to draw unnecessary attention to oneself by doing something that no local would do. In order to blend in, I do as the locals do. When in Rome...

Nevertheless, the attack on this Swiss fella was unwarranted and unnecessary, but perhaps the owner of the bike thought the Swiss guy was trying to steal it.

Archived