Noisy bike gate: Video footage shows attack on Swiss man in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Why you getting personal?  If you touch my property then I'll stand up to you.

If u park u silly bike on the foothpath and let ur engine running then i ask u once to turn it off if u keep look silly then i break ur key of so it stuck in the lock have a nice day.

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

If u park u silly bike on the foothpath and let ur engine running then i ask u once to turn it off if u keep look silly then i break ur key of so it stuck in the lock have a nice day.

You'll end up like Mr Swissie then.  Can't wait to see you in the Pattaya News.

Actually, you're all bluster and bravado.  You wouldn't do it.  End of.

8 minutes ago, jimster said:

For example, I don't talk to strangers here unless there's a good reason to - Thais don't either, it's just weird. It's also embarrassing. The last thing a foreigner needs is to draw unnecessary attention to oneself by doing something that no local would do. In order to blend in, I do as the locals do. When in Rome...

Hell, I talk to strangers all the time.  Half the fun of living overseas is meeting others with stories to tell.  And in some places I work, I can go for weeks without seeing a white guy, and the ones I meet probably haven't seen one either.

Bad news.  We get plenty of unnecessary attention just by being foreigners.   You only think you're blending in. 

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Okay, let's play it your way and go for the experiment.

It's only approaching 7pm Thai time so prime time for rush hour.  Turn on your smartphone video and go out and turn off the machine of a Thai guy whilst he's seated.  Come back with the results.

I can't wait to see the results of this little experiment.

I don't condone the assault, but that was a really stupid thing to do.

I wouldn't do that in Thailand and I wouldn't do that in my home country.

I fully expect the media to make this seem completely unprovoked and i'm not surprised that already the cctv doesn't match the story.

I think the Swiss is lucky to be alive if the bikie had a gun he probably would have shot him. I remember maybe 20 years ago in Pattaya 2 SAS Brits interfered in an argument between a guy and a bar owner he shot one dead and wounded the other

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

Move down the soi by just a few yards and problem solved.  I'm guessing Mr Swissie also had a few beers of the Dutch courage variety which assisted him in formulating his response.

Anyway, how do we know that the bike was excessively noisy?  Looks like a regular 125/150 to me.

Swiss man had a few beers of Dutch Courage , post 15 hopes he enjoys his trip back to Sweden.  I am going back to bus crashes , much easier .

28 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

17 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Okay, let's play it your way and go for the experiment.

It's only approaching 7pm Thai time so prime time for rush hour.  Turn on your smartphone video and go out and turn off the machine of a Thai guy whilst he's seated.  Come back with the results.

I can't wait to see the results of this little experiment.

I note that you've marked my post as 'Sad'.

Can I assume that you are indeed all bluster and bravado and are not going out this evening to implement the experiment, i.e. turn off a Thai guys machine whilst he's seated?

You seemed to be so full of it, though.  What went wrong?

34 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

One of the "friendly guys".

Gave him a bit of a snot clap and then waited for the Swiss guy to recover a bit before pointing out his folly. He certainly held his ground and was not going to back off. It appears though, had the Swiss guy walked off down the street nothing more would have occurred but sitting down on the bench seemed to put the bikers bulls eye back on him and thus continued to make him loose face unless he did something. Im guessing lesson learned but i certainly dont condone that type of behavior from either. They should just shake hands like men and be done with it.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

One thing I learned in life early, i.e. if something bothers you, isolate it, once you have isolated it, solve the problem.

Problem, the guy on the bike is parked illegally on the footpath and has engine running, which in turn is polluting my lungs, and is so load that I cannot hear myself talking, so its noisy and irritating me. 

So I have isolated the problem, now what are my options:

1) Go over and turn it off and get beat up.....not a good idea

2) Move further along and say nothing....good idea, problem solved

How easy is it to isolate and solve your "own" problems if you actually think it through, enjoy your trip back to Sweden my friend, and learn from "your" mistakes, I hope. 

the Swiss are not from Sweden, they're from Switzerland..  just sayin'... 

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

One thing I learned in life early, i.e. if something bothers you, isolate it, once you have isolated it, solve the problem.

Problem, the guy on the bike is parked illegally on the footpath and has engine running, which in turn is polluting my lungs, and is so load that I cannot hear myself talking, so its noisy and irritating me. 

So I have isolated the problem, now what are my options:

1) Go over and turn it off and get beat up.....not a good idea

2) Move further along and say nothing....good idea, problem solved

How easy is it to isolate and solve your "own" problems if you actually think it through, enjoy your trip back to Sweden my friend, and learn from "your" mistakes, I hope. 

Where, Mr "problem solved", did Sweden come in? Or haven't you even read the OP statement?

38 minutes ago, dictater said:

No one is mentioning the fact the motorbike rider went off got a stick, as initially reported, came back and then beat the Swiss upside the head with it, regardless of what started it that is a serious assault. Unless your Thai, in Thailand. 

He was angry and wanted his revenge.  Okay, childish, but the attitude adjustment therapy programme kicked in.  Should never have touched the bike!  Understand?

25 minutes ago, fanjita said:
1 hour ago, dictater said:

No one is mentioning the fact the motorbike rider went off got a stick, as initially reported, came back and then beat the Swiss upside the head with it, regardless of what started it that is a serious assault. Unless your Thai, in Thailand. 

He was angry and wanted his revenge.  Okay, childish, but the attitude adjustment therapy programme kicked in.  Should never have touched the bike!  Understand?

Destiny1990 is still here marking my posts as 'Sad' but still not got the balls to go out and confront a Thai with a noisy motorbike. He was emphatic that he would sort out a Thai if he had the gas in his face.  

Coward.

25 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Childish you say, i say criminal.

Obviously i would not touch other people's bikes, but that Thai guy's behaviour is criminal, hope he'll pay the price (not holding my breath though )

In the rest of the real word the aggressor goes to jail on top of that he was illegal parked, illegal running a stinking and noisy engine then he punched with weapon the guy from the back. The only thing the farang did was to turn his key so the noise and pollution stopped so he could return to sit on the bench.

Archived