Noisy bike gate: Video footage shows attack on Swiss man in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, dictater said:

No one is mentioning the fact the motorbike rider went off got a stick, as initially reported, came back and then beat the Swiss upside the head with it, regardless of what started it that is a serious assault. Unless your Thai, in Thailand. 

So there was more than we just saw? I also was waiting for the club to come out but he hit him only once in the movie.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Impossible to know what was said, but even so, the Swiss guy never saw it coming. Real cowards move to hit a fella from the blind side.

We're taught to win, regardless of how - the Swiss guy is bigger than the other one, he started it by 'assaulting' the Thai by turning off his bike - he had every reason to smack him along side of his head, I would have used my helmet to save my knuckles.  just sayin............where I'm from he would have been shot.

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

We're taught to win, regardless of how - the Swiss guy is bigger than the other one, he started it by 'assaulting' the Thai by turning off his bike - he had every reason to smack him along side of his head, I would have used my helmet to save my knuckles.  just sayin............where I'm from he would have been shot.

Ur poster name tells us exactly where u came from and u probably still in there.

3 hours ago, dictater said:

No one is mentioning the fact the motorbike rider went off got a stick, as initially reported, came back and then beat the Swiss upside the head with it, regardless of what started it that is a serious assault. Unless your Thai, in Thailand. 

Where is the evidence of that??  I didn't see a stick in the CCTV footage did you, if so point it out to us cause I sure didn't see it in the video.

11 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Somebody should explain to you the concept of civilisation...as for myself have come to the conclusion that a civilised society is slightly better than a tribal society.

8 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Ur poster name tells us exactly where u came from and u probably still in there.

No. you are wrong. The tunnel rats were American, Australian and New Zealand soldiers who performed underground search and destroy missions during the Vietnam War.  Destiny As in Destiny's child?

Just now, TunnelRat69 said:

Whose taught to win?

Just now, isaanbanhou said:

No. you are wrong. The tunnel rats were American, Australian and New Zealand soldiers who performed underground search and destroy missions during the Vietnam War.  Destiny As in Destiny's child?

Nah his names Des and he's tiny. 

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

idiot should mind his own business and don't touch someone property 

And the other idiot shouldn't have his loud motorcycle spewing noise and exhaust fumes onto other people. 

However, I will say it was very stupid of the Swiss guy to turn his back on the ego-offended Thai biker. 

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

One thing I learned in life early, i.e. if something bothers you, isolate it, once you have isolated it, solve the problem.

Problem, the guy on the bike is parked illegally on the footpath and has engine running, which in turn is polluting my lungs, and is so load that I cannot hear myself talking, so its noisy and irritating me. 

So I have isolated the problem, now what are my options:

1) Go over and turn it off and get beat up.....not a good idea

2) Move further along and say nothing....good idea, problem solved

How easy is it to isolate and solve your "own" problems if you actually think it through, enjoy your trip back to Sweden my friend, and learn from "your" mistakes, I hope. 

Umm I think Sweden and Switerland are over a thousand miles apart

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Hell, I talk to strangers all the time.  Half the fun of living overseas is meeting others with stories to tell.  And in some places I work, I can go for weeks without seeing a white guy, and the ones I meet probably haven't seen one either.

Bad news.  We get plenty of unnecessary attention just by being foreigners.   You only think you're blending in. 

That's probably why you're getting all the attention. From doing weird things that Thais don't do. I know I'm blending in by NOT doing those things. I can tell when someone stares at me, and it's not in Thailand. In China, yes, absolutely. Because there are so few white people there but in Thailand everywhere I go a white guy will eventually turn up. Where do you live that you don't see any? I have seen white people out in the sticks in Tak province, all over Isarn, basically everywhere in Thailand. Unless you never leave your village, I find it hard to believe you can go weeks without seeing one. I highly doubt any Thai has never seen a white person before. There are farang in virtually every single village in Thailand, even if it's only one or two. I too was surprised at this, at first. But it happens to be true. In fact, I've even seen African men walking down the road in Mahasarakham province, I had to remind myself I was driving because I couldn't believe my eyes, but apparently it's not as uncommon as you think.

I definitely talk to strangers but only if I have a good reason to, as I just said. I talk to supermarket clerks, but I don't frighten people walking past me like you do (by the sounds of it) just because their kid looks cute or something. I don't meddle in stranger's business and thankfully, Thais don't meddle in other people's business (including mine) either.

2 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Warming up engine and lubricant to ensure smooth running of engine when you start up riding. I don't know how necessary it is in Thailand, but in most of Europe it is a recommended standard practice.

In Europe the weather is cold hence why many riders engage in this practice, particularly during winter or other times when the temperature is low. No need to do this in a hot country like Thailand. If you haven't used your bike in a while, you could start it up 30-60 seconds before you start riding but 10 minutes would be an eternity and completely unnecessary.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

One thing I learned in life early, i.e. if something bothers you, isolate it, once you have isolated it, solve the problem.

Problem, the guy on the bike is parked illegally on the footpath and has engine running, which in turn is polluting my lungs, and is so load that I cannot hear myself talking, so its noisy and irritating me. 

So I have isolated the problem, now what are my options:

1) Go over and turn it off and get beat up.....not a good idea

2) Move further along and say nothing....good idea, problem solved

How easy is it to isolate and solve your "own" problems if you actually think it through, enjoy your trip back to Sweden my friend, and learn from "your" mistakes, I hope. 

A year ago, a house was being built diagonally opposite to my house. A truck belonging to a member of the construction-team was parked in front of my house and the engine was kept running for 30 minutes.

- I suffer from asthma.

I was walking towards the empty truck [to turn off it's engine] when someone (the Driver ?) appeared out of the building site, saw my approach  ...  and he returned to the truck and turned off the engine.

Q: What do you think that I *should* have done ?  --- Move further along ??

Police took a statement from an eye witness at the scene, who told them that the victim had approached his shop to order a kebab. As he was waiting, a teenager pulled up on a motorbike with an excessively loud exhaust blaring. The victim asked him to switch the bike off as he was simply sat waiting and making a lot of unnecessary noise.

After the teen refused, the victim made his way up to the bike and turned the key to switch off the engine. The teen reacted by throwing a few soft punches, shouting a bit of abuse before driving off.

It was minutes later though, that he reappeared with a piece of wood.

He ran up to the victim and began striking him around the head several times, before making his getaway for the second time and final time.

Just now, ta158 said:

Police took a statement from an eye witness at the scene, who told them that the victim had approached his shop to order a kebab. As he was waiting, a teenager pulled up on a motorbike with an excessively loud exhaust blaring. The victim asked him to switch the bike off as he was simply sat waiting and making a lot of unnecessary noise.

After the teen refused, the victim made his way up to the bike and turned the key to switch off the engine. The teen reacted by throwing a few soft punches, shouting a bit of abuse before driving off.

It was minutes later though, that he reappeared with a piece of wood.

He ran up to the victim and began striking him around the head several times, before making his getaway for the second time and final time.

It was on the news. The aggressor was at least 50 

Just now, andersonat said:

A year ago, a house was being built diagonally opposite to my house. A truck belonging to a member of the construction-team was parked in front of my house and the engine was kept running for 30 minutes.

- I suffer from asthma.

I was walking towards the empty truck [to turn off it's engine] when someone (the Driver ?) appeared out of the building site, saw my approach  ...  and he returned to the truck and turned off the engine.

Used your Inhaler. 

53 minutes ago, andersonat said:

- I suffer from asthma.

According to some silly guys u should have been slaughtered and or shot for not minding ur own Business.

The real problem is that the authorities/police are not dealing with the (now) hundreds of scooters running around Pattaya without an effective exhaust, it creates an extremely loud annoying sound that nobody wants to hear, they pass by my condo all day and all night - I can't even hear my TV and at 4-5-6am just wakens everyone because some bellend immature Thai thinks his scooter without an exhaust is somehow cool

As for the Farang in the OP trying to have a quiet snack - I do understand his frustration but it is not up to him to get involved unfortunately 

everyone has their own view, none are right and none are wrong, that's how they see it, I thought that the original report mentioned that the Thai guy then drove by on his scooter and hit him with a stick, I may be wrong...it happens...not often, but it happens so from my point of view he should have moved along quickly, just after having beaten the Thai guy senseless !

The only thing that the video shows is an obnoxious illegally parked coward who hit someone from behind, imo

Of course you could go back and read the original report, which possibly would explain the guys bandaged head, or you can justify a violent unprovoked cowardly attack because you are.......

say you be eating there and whit every byte you take you get the taste off smoke from the bike inside..

He ask him to turn off the bike, when he don't anderstand he helpt him.

One thing he did rong (Swiss), after the punsh give some back and a litle bit harder...

I see many times the reactions from people here, all so damm 'smart'...

One method is to drunkenly stagger up to the guy and try to befriend him.  Breathe in his face, ask him "Whassa you name?" Then make like you're going to puke all over his bike.  Guy might take a hint and move a few yards down the sidewalk. I learned that (in reverse) with off-duty drunken cops and soldiers years ago. 

He is a guest in another country. You mind your own business and these things don't happen. You go round thinking you set the rules, invade other peoples space and touch their property and this is what happens. Most sensible people know this and keep themselves to themselves. Only people like the Swiss guy and the internet Rambos types want to trigger confrontation.

That said there is no justification for coming back and clumping him with a lump of wood (if indeed that is what happened ).

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, gerritkaew said:

say you be eating there and whit every byte you take you get the taste off smoke from the bike inside..

One thing he did rong (Swiss), after the punsh give some back and a litle bit harder...

Well smart guy the next time something like this happens to you do as the Swiss guy did then. We will enjoy reading about it on here.

4 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

where are the grammar police when you need them ?:cheesy:

Archived