Pattaya Baht Bus

Davai

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/11/2017 at 9:08 AM, Jingthing said:

Perfect. It's only purpose is to gather valid reports. So it's not for you anyway. 

It's a public forum.  I don't see keithpa being offensive, merely providing an opinion.  Otherwise it wouldn't be a forum, would it?

3 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

It's a public forum.  I don't see keithpa being offensive, merely providing an opinion.  Otherwise it wouldn't be a forum, would it?

Don't beat a dead horse, dude.

That thread is dead.

Like herding cats you know trying to do a special structured thread.

Interestingly, the Hit and Run Restaurant Review thread is also a somewhat structured thread and has lasted for YEARS now. But not without LOTS of help from moderation. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure, if you've got a death wish. 

It's a quick and convenient way to get about Pattaya.  I'm not a regular to Patts but have been on many occasions in the past.  No more dangerous than a baht bus, like the one that killed at least five passengers a week or two ago including two kids.

15 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

It's a quick and convenient way to get about Pattaya.  I'm not a regular to Patts but have been on many occasions in the past.  No more dangerous than a baht bus, like the one that killed at least five passengers a week or two ago including two kids.

That accident was horrible but very rare.

Do what you want. In my opinion getting on a motorcycle here in anyway is massively more dangerous than riding a baht bus. Ask yourself anyone that's lived in Thailand long. How many people do you know that have been injured or killed on bikes VS. how many people do you know that rely on public transportation injured or killed? I have experience a few bad bleeding cut incidents on baht buses (there are sometimes hidden sharp edges) but didn't even need a doctor for them. That said, crossing roads on foot is indeed very dangerous here. 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hey folks.

What's up with the cross town service on North Pattaya road?!?

It used to be there was often a bus waiting in front of Best Supermarket on North Pattaya road near the Dolphin Circle heading towards Sukhumwit.

I haven't seen that bus waiting in a very long time.

So I end up basically WALKING to where I'm going on North, which is usually to 3rd road.

What a drag. 

It is a bit further up outside Peace Hotel and is the bus for the bus station. The driver tends to wait a while to fill up with passengers. He will stop en route (3rd Rd, Tesco) but the bus station is the end of the line. You have to walk to Suk from there. I caught this Wednesday morning. There are always people checked out from hotels who catch this one. It does seem to be the same driver whenever I get it, so 5 mins there and 5 back, but it can sometimes be busy on there.

It's 10 baht , I Repeat 10 baht , 10 baht,  10 baht,  10 baht,  10 baht .

Sometimes they will trick you into paying more , bad luck! 

And if you pay 50 baht you are just giving them the image of us being foreign idiots with too much money , NOT helping. 

Big surprise! :stoner:

The structured thread which is only about posting valid reports about what happens when you pay 10 baht on rides from Jomtien to North Pattaya and requires these reports in a specific format to be eventually counted has been reopened by moderation.

So if you do any rides like that (only like that) and choose to participate in posting valid reports, please check out the renewed thread. One report per ride, but each person can report as many rides as they want over time (as they make the new rides). --

14 hours ago, Here It Is said:

I have to agree with that - never had a problem woth motocy taxis. In fairness, I have never had a problem with a Baht bus, although I would never get on an overcrowded bus like the ones I see on Sukhumvit with 5 people hanging on the back.

Trying to move the discussion from the structure thread, about the 20 vs 10 baht, which although has been done to death

imagine if everyone starts paying 20 baht, that's a 100% increase, it might not matter to you and you are entitled to 'tip' 

but behavior like these is why we ended up with 100+ bath taxis that refuses to use the meter and take locals because to tourists, it's only a few pounds or dollars mentality 

Well the structured thread which was intended to only be for current one ride reports about paying 10 baht for rides from Jomtien to North Pattaya road has been closed again. Let's assume permanently this time.

However I don't see why people can't post the same kind of reports here if they wish.

Mixed with all the other on topic discussion posts on this thread of course.

It would be messy to count totals but I think better than nothing.

If the OP objects please say so though.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Me and my (Thai) gf went to Pattaya for few days - non of us ever been there.

We took the baht buses many times in area not further than between Marina and Walking street

My gf always asked if they go where we are going and "how much" ... we always paid 20 THB per person as that's what they told her and we didn't know it should be 10

50 minutes ago, Coconut007 said:
Me and my (Thai) gf went to Pattaya for few days - non of us ever been there.

We took the baht buses many times in area not further than between Marina and Walking street

My gf always asked if they go where we are going and "how much" ... we always paid 20 THB per person as that's what they told her and we didn't know it should be 10

Yeah they do that a lot. The rule is don't talk to them at all but sometimes tourists feel they need to.

The ride types you describe are ones where TEN BAHT will be accepted by 100 percent of drivers. The correct fare is not what they say. It is what the vast majority will ACCEPT without objection. That's why I am still encouraging people make reports on rides from Jomtien to North Pattaya when 10 baht is paid. Unfortunately that's a route where there remains a large degree of CONTROVERSY about what fare the vast majority will accept. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're confusing this with the automobile subforum. I don't see whining here. I see a discussion about the Baht bus system here. A system that is a key part of the total transport picture in this area.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Gotta agree with you jingthing, he had no right to tell you to buy a car.

There's always someone who feels its necessary to inform the world that they pay 20 or 50 baht when they already know the fare is 10 baht .  Maybe they feel better about themselves for paying more in a low cost country .

8 minutes ago, balo said:

There's always someone who feels its necessary to inform the world that they pay 20 or 50 baht when they already know the fare is 10 baht .  Maybe they feel better about themselves for paying more in a low cost country .

Of course that's right.

But I continue to wonder about what is the CORRECT fare from Jomtien to North Pattaya. 10 or 20 baht.

It seems still nobody really knows for sure. 

But I am sure it's still 10 baht if you get off as far as right AFTER the traffic light at Pattaya Klang. 

I could never work out of its 10 or 20 because occasionally they charge me 20. But I wasn't sure if they was cheating me or the other drivers just forgot where I got on. I was told my one driver when you go past pattaya klang Thats when it goes up.I was on another forum and it was is exactly the same story. Most people was saying it is actually 20 but and they just forget. I still give them 10 because I get a little chuckle out of it that I just cheated them. There is no other group of people in pattaya I would cheat only these people. It's a little bit of revenge for me with all the problems I've had with them in the past. Only going half way because they have picked up a bunch of tourist who are paying 500THB to go somewhere else or nothing to go to a massage shop and they still expect you to pay even if you have get another bus/ refusing to let me on a bus with other with People already on it because there was a couple standing next to me who had suitcase and he wasnted a taxi fair from Them and thought I was with them/shouting at me because some Russian people didn't want to move up to allow 6 on the seat when I was trying to explain to them that the driver wants 6 on the seat/overloading the bus to breaking point/stoping in the middle of the road to let you of and you have to doge the other traffic to get to the pavement /and my favourite one if you give them 20THB or more just waiting for a split second to see if you know the correct fair. So after all that I really don't care if I am paying 10THB when I should be paying 20. And the posters who pay more and know about it would you pay double the price in your own country and the drivers don't think what a nice bloke they think what a idiot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 12/1/2017 at 9:37 PM, Jingthing said:

Hey folks.

What's up with the cross town service on North Pattaya road?!?

It used to be there was often a bus waiting in front of Best Supermarket on North Pattaya road near the Dolphin Circle heading towards Sukhumwit.

I haven't seen that bus waiting in a very long time.

So I end up basically WALKING to where I'm going on North, which is usually to 3rd road.

What a drag. 

I believe the baht bus waiting place was moved a short way east, up North road from the Best market.  Last time I took it was June this year.

33 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

Just another of the daily scams that lurk in all corners of Pattaya.

And yesterday posted on social media, the locals were complaining the quality tourists are down in numbers.

And surprises ? I think not.

Cutting their own throats.

That's the thing.

I am not (yet) convinced that drivers demanding 20 baht for a ride from Jomtien to Marina Mall or North Pattaya Road or certainly deep into Naklua is objectively a scam.

That might be the correct fare for that.

Nobody really knows for sure about that yet.

I'm still trying to discover the truth about that.

It's not a scam to demand payment of correct fares.

On 04/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Jingthing said:

That's the thing.

I am not (yet) convinced that drivers demanding 20 baht for a ride from Jomtien to Marina Mall or North Pattaya Road or certainly deep into Naklua is objectively a scam.

That might be the correct fare for that.

Nobody really knows for sure about that yet.

I'm still trying to discover the truth about that.

It's not a scam to demand payment of correct fares.

3 months at 10 baht a ride.

1 random ride 20 baht.  OK. It's not a scam. 

3 months at 10 baht gave 50% discount each ride for no reason. :cheesy:

Archived