Davai

Pattaya Baht Bus

JOMTIEN
To Marina Mall, North Pattaya 
10 baht accepted

Running total. 

5 accepted

1 not accepted

I hope to do at least TEN rides for this test and then get a rough percentage. So four more to go. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, Jingthing said:

Running total. 

5 accepted

1 not accepted

It just confirms my impression that before you reach the roundabout they will accept 10 baht most of the times . 

I lost the post but the moron paying 50 baht thinks he is cool but baht bus driver would think he was a totall idiot. Bit like people tipping 200 baht for a few beers or the japs paying 5k for a go go girl.

i think its fair from jomtien to naklua after the rounabout 20 baht , usually before the roundabout they will accept 10 baht 

It just confirms my impression that before you reach the roundabout they will accept 10 baht most of the times . 

Fair assumption. What I can say definitively is that once you pass just after Klang the odds of pushback go over the approximately 1 percent before then. It's fair to pay the 10 after that but be very ready to cave to pushback. People risk violent assault otherwise.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

JOMTIEN
To "Korean food mall" at the Burger King North Pattaya (north of Marina Mall)
10 baht accepted

Running total. 

6 accepted

1 not accepted

JOMTIEN
To Korean Food Mall at the Burger King North Pattaya
10 baht accepted

Running total. 

8 accepted
1 not accepted 

JOMTIEN
To Soi 6 North Pattaya
10 baht accepted

Running total. 

9 accepted
1 not accepted 

OK, this test for me has been completed.

90 percent acceptance of 10 baht from Jomtien to North Pattaya well past Pattaya Klang.

Based on this I strongly suggest people pay 10 baht for such rides, not 20 with a high degree of confidence.

Just be prepared to pay 20 if there is any pushback.

Now there is another question I have much less confidence about.

Specifically rides from Jomtien all the way to North Pattaya Road (which is going to be a very popular ride once Terminal 21 mall is open).

I'm pretty sure the pushback for 10 baht payments will be higher, maybe significantly higher for such rides.

I'd like to ask people to start reporting about those rides only now.

Conditionally -- when you don't ask about fares, just pay the 10 baht, and is it accepted or not?

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

OK, this test for me has been completed.

90 percent acceptance of 10 baht from Jomtien to North Pattaya well past Pattaya Klang.

Based on this I strongly suggest people pay 10 baht for such rides, not 20 with a high degree of confidence.

Just be prepared to pay 20 if there is any pushback.

Now there is another question I have much less confidence about.

Specifically rides from Jomtien all the way to North Pattaya Road (which is going to be a very popular ride once Terminal 21 mall is open).

I'm pretty sure the pushback for 10 baht payments will be higher, maybe significantly higher for such rides.

I'd like to ask people to start reporting about those rides only now.

Conditionally -- when you don't ask about fares, just pay the 10 baht, and is it accepted or not?

Vindicated! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pegman said:

Vindicated! 

Congratulations!

• Like 1

I've got an update to this.

It was the expressed opinion of others (and myself) that although it is now CONFIRMED that the fare of TEN BAHT is generally/usually accepted for rides from Jomtien to North Pattaya much further than Pattaya Klang, the chances of pushback would increase if going all the way to North Pattaya Road (and even further well into Naklua when they go there).

Well, since the opening of Terminal 21 Mall I've done lots of rides from Jomtien to Terminal 21 Mall which is almost the same ride as going to North Pattaya Road.

I've offered 10 baht every time.

It's been accepted every time.

Not even a hint of pushback.

HOWEVER, that's not the same thing as giving a larger bill and asking for change. I still assume if you paid 20 for that ride and asked for 10 baht change there would be pushback from at least some drivers. (In other words, refusing to give change.)

There also still may be occasional pushback from some drivers paying exact change, but based on my recent experience, I can confidently say they would be rare outliers, and the correct fare would still be 10 baht. (But I don't suggest fighting the rare cases of pushback, it's not worth the risk of being violently assaulted.)

Still seeing people that should know better speaking on the buses and spreading the totally false information that the fare goes from 10 to 20 upon crossing South Pattaya Road coming from Jomtien. It's not even worth trying to correct such people. They won't believe it.

Edited by Jingthing

Lots of reports with a starting destination of Jomtien. Anyone have reports from other destinations too like North Pattaya Rd or 2nd Road or Soi Bukkao?

10 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Lots of reports with a starting destination of Jomtien. Anyone have reports from other destinations too like North Pattaya Rd or 2nd Road or Soi Bukkao?

10 baht.