Thailand dangers - add monkeys to the list!

webfact

Thailand dangers - add monkeys to the list!

2.jpg

video screenshot

BEC Tero TV reported that monkeys at a Krabi temple had attacked a Russian tourist.

But the tourist seemed to be more than a little responsible after annoying the creatures.

As the monkeys circled Natalie Woloshina, 52, trying to get food she tipped water on their heads for a laugh.

The animals responded by sinking their teeth into her upper arm - a wound that required a trip to Krabi Hospital after first aid from foundation medics at the scene.

The TV presenters reminded tourists not to annoy or mess with the monkeys at the temple of Wat Tham Seua - or anywhere else for that matter.

Source: BEC Tero TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-29

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

As the monkeys circled Natalie Woloshina, 52, trying to get food she tipped water on their heads for a laugh.

Rather silly behaviour by the tourist.

Tease any animal, and it won't be impressed, wherever you are in the world.

I think it was in Chonburi, Cha Am or somewhere that they had a bunch of nasty monkeys out by the beach on some hill. Wished I had a small-gauge shotgun to take care of the critters.

About 38 years ago, a westerner friend of mine became a monk for the minimum period.  A monkey bit him, and he was worried about rabies.  Fellow monks said "don't worry".  They would tie him to a tree if he hot all frothy at the mouth or something.

9 minutes ago, Ruffian Dick said:

Yes, pour water on their heads, then shoot them with shotguns if they fight back. Quite a world we've made for ourselves.

You have obviously not had little pet kitty cats or other animals around the house that will rip the shit out of you if it doesn't suit them. Nor rather large raccoons that get into the house at 3 a.m., nor brown bears that come pawing at the windows outside the kitchen. 

3 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

No need to worry folks. Soon all the animals on the planet will be dead.....including us.

btw - the stupid woman got what she deserved.

Soon? As in next week, next month, or next year? Do you have a date? Please keep in mind that everyone, in all recorded history, that has ever predicted the end of humanity has been completely wrong. Odds are you are incorrect also.

Don't tease the monkeys because everyone and everything is going to be dead is not a good reason. How about not teasing the monkeys because it is wrong to tease animals.

Soon ...........as in a short space of time..............based on how long we have left to decimate all the trees, pollute all the rivers and fill the seas with crap.

Soon as in ....only a matter of time.

It is not just the monkey issue here. - It was the response from other posters wanting to eradicate other animals because they live in the animals neighbor hood.

I saw a headline the other day stating that an alligator had wandered into a Florida home....wrong...someone built a house where alligators live for millions of years.

That is the same as the headlines we have today on TV about pythons coming up toilets. Build a sewer pipe that has "access" both ways and you are asking for trouble.

The flow should be only one way....

I hate monkeys and I do not go to some places because they are our of control and are

not safe to be near. Thankfully there are many places in Thailand where themonkeys do not

dwell as they are eaten if they show up.

Taste a bit like rabbit.  Mmmmm

Geezer

5 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

You have obviously not had little pet kitty cats or other animals around the house that will rip the shit out of you if it doesn't suit them. Nor rather large raccoons that get into the house at 3 a.m., nor brown bears that come pawing at the windows outside the kitchen. 

There are raccoons and brown bears in Thailand?

2 hours ago, boonchu said:

Playing with the monkeys can be a costly experience, my daughter was bitten and the injection against monkey diseases cost 10,000 Bt at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin.

Less than 5,000 baht at most other Hospitals..... Bangkok Hospital is the second most expensive Hospital in Thailand...

On 29/11/2017 at 8:49 AM, lonewolf99 said:

Soon ...........as in a short space of time..............based on how long we have left to decimate all the trees, pollute all the rivers and fill the seas with crap.

Soon as in ....only a matter of time.

It is not just the monkey issue here. - It was the response from other posters wanting to eradicate other animals because they live in the animals neighbor hood.

I saw a headline the other day stating that an alligator had wandered into a Florida home....wrong...someone built a house where alligators live for millions of years.

That is the same as the headlines we have today on TV about pythons coming up toilets. Build a sewer pipe that has "access" both ways and you are asking for trouble.

The flow should be only one way....

Except for the inconvenient fact that the world is getting greener thanks to the increasing levels of carbon dioxide. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:35 AM, wirat69 said:

Khao Sammuk (Sam Muk Mountain) is in Chonburi, Amphur Meung.... Ang Sila district

Wat Khao Takiap in Hua Hin has them as well.  I was nervous walking around there (luckily we all did nothing more than look at each other), and there was one area I passed on going to see as I would have had to run a monkey gauntlet to get there-- literally walk through the middle of a large group of them, within 12-18" of many of them.  Nope.  I don't know enough about monkeys to know what sets them off or how to read their behavior well, so I'd rather not push my luck, and I'd already had to pass far too close to some for my comfort.  I didn't have food or anything, but that doesn't mean they knew that or might not feel threatened by my presence.  (I'd considered going up there to see the sun rise until I read beforehand about the monkeys.  Certainly wasn't going to take my chances with them in the dark.)

I wasn't the only one nervous... going down one set of stairs, there was a monkey in the middle of the stairs.  I kept going down slowly to see if the monkey would move-- he eventually did-- and the guy I had passed at the top of the stairs didn't start down until the monkey started to move away.

I don't dislike monkeys, but I don't go all gaga over them like some people do, either.  I don't think they're especially cute or funny, and there are many other animals I like better (and, in many cases, trust more), so I'm fine with taking a pass on engaging them, going to see them, getting near them, etc.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:16 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Too bad the monkeys did not mass attack her. I remember that a stupid tourist in Nong Nooch teased an elephant with food, elephant 1 tourist 0

On 11/29/2017 at 5:16 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Too bad the monkeys did not mass attack her. I remember that a stupid tourist in Nong Nooch teased an elephant with food, elephant 1 tourist 0

Archived