Tourists warned to respect Thai culture - two who showed their butts at Wat Arun arrested

webfact

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

If two girls had done the deed the posts here would be different. Sacred; a pile of stones! They were miles away from any wat.

You, and Thailand, need to take a chill pill and get a life on what really is important.

As for how long I've been here; long enough to see the best and worst of Thailand.

Oh great now Thailand has to change to suit YOU . Someone who obviously considers nothing sacred ! You are in the wrong place kid . So they are just stones ? And certain people are just people ? However long you have been here you understand sweet jack all of this country . Id like to know what you hold as sacred and important that we should all take 'a pill' for . ?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sklmeeera said:

Oh great now Thailand has to change to suit YOU . Someone who obviously considers nothing sacred ! You are in the wrong place kid . So they are just stones ? And certain people are just people ? However long you have been here you understand sweet jack all of this country . Id like to know what you hold as sacred and important that we should all take 'a pill' for . ?

Think about it rationally: Why should any speck of the earth be anymore sacred or holy than anywhere else?

3 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

There are an awful lot of people languishing in prisons around the world saying exactly that .

Dreadful, isn't it? Considering prison is supposedly a place to hold those who are a danger to the public, not a couple of dafties like these two.

13 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

To me life is sacred; free speech is sacred; freedom is sacred; babies are sacred; nature is sacred.

Half the topics on this platform are about Thai authorities and their rediculous statements and decisions. Thais themselves are constantly dictated to on what is important and what they should believe.

These two Americans were just having a bit of fun. A telling off would have been sufficient.

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

Think about it rationally: Why should any speck of the earth be anymore sacred or holy than anywhere else?

I agree but would not agree with disrespecting what other people hold sacred . And there is an awful lot more that we dont know than what we do know so it is prudent to keep an open mind .

1 minute ago, sklmeeera said:

I agree but would not agree with disrespecting what other people hold sacred . And there is an awful lot more that we dont know than what we do know so it is prudent to keep an open mind .

Nobody should have the right not to be offended, but yes, in another story I see they have been fined 5000 Baht as they have done this at a temple too. I would say that the fine levied was a good call by the court.

Those two guys apparently posted similar things from other sites around the world, had a web page or facebook or whatever.  Probably sounded funny at the time and their friends got a kick out of it.  Pretty crude and I hope they pay a big fine in Thailand and then get banned for many many years. 

The two mooners meant no harm. But they did break Thai law.
And they are unbelievably stupid for doing what they did.

I think they should get a large fine and maybe 1 week or max 1 month in prison. 
Putting them for years in prison makes no sense imho. Prison is for people that are dangerous to society. These people pose no more danger.
The large fine will work as deterrent for future would be offenders.

On a side-note, the buddha preached non revenge, i think the buddha said about insults that if someone givea you something and you simply refuse to take it, then who does it belong to? 
He also said something like "what you resist persists". If thai society was buddhist they would simply ignore these insulting pics and they would not have spread far as they did and no damage done... The true buddhist way.

very fairly written.seriously difficult to implement this...Our internet has altered the meaning of truth and trust...going viral...only means stupidity and ignorance..and PR..and they work with conjunction with each other..I have learnt Buddhism and very few people can actually practice the "Sense door "practice"...should the pictures not be seen....the other eyes which saw..then translated into feelings and we see and read the reactive reactions.Good Morning...

Arresting these homosexuals is not ludicrous, they should be jailed and then deported. No one
should disrespect the country like that.

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived