Tourists warned to respect Thai culture - two who showed their butts at Wat Arun arrested

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That still doesn't answer my question.

Why mention it, when it is irrelevant?

I could not agree more with you, it is like we share a mind. Why is it the San Diego Gay and Lesbian News?

How can news be gay or lesbian?  Totally irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I am a Canadian who served in the US Marine Corps. 1968 so I guess you can say I love the USA as I was willing to die for her. It makes me boil when these two embarrass themselves but also carry the US along with them because they are "citizens". Sorry but I see a little farther back than most and I see two filthy Indians, not Americans. I would love to see them continue their holiday to Singapore, they still use the cane there. Sorry if you think that this is racist but is only my view.

Filthy indians ?....Your words are total rubbish, nonsense and a disgrace to the sprit of America.

18 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I am a Canadian who served in the US Marine Corps. 1968 so I guess you can say I love the USA as I was willing to die for her. It makes me boil when these two embarrass themselves but also carry the US along with them because they are "citizens". Sorry but I see a little farther back than most and I see two filthy Indians, not Americans. I would love to see them continue their holiday to Singapore, they still use the cane there. Sorry if you think that this is racist but is only my view.

And I'm sorry your view is so prejudiced.

1 hour ago, kingkenny said:

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

As stupid as these queers are for doing this arresting them is ludicrous, it will be interesting to see the charge. This is more of a knee jerk reaction from the authorities.

there is no place for such behavior, not anywhere.
And, whereas some posters seem not to object to this at the Capitol what is incomprehensible to me, as it shows disrespect for the U.S. Government, a religious site is certainly not the place to show disrespect for other people's believe.

Charges could be many, from exposing bottoms what is a sign of disrespect, to showing sexually aroused (subs. arousing) parts in public given their apparent tendency.
Even if it is a fine of an amount that they may consider trivial, the inconvenience of being held in the lock-up until the Court has time, is an additional punishment.

If someone has the desire to be an exhibitionist, let him/her/hir/hem/them (whatever is politically correct) go to a club where there are people that enjoy looking at others' private parts.

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Update.

Investigations of Myriad reports of exposed female bums uncovered no evidence.:smile:

Image1.jpg

1. Slight difference-cloth in-between cheeks!

2. These girls also look like foriegner? 

3. Thais would never do this...

Because..

4. They already been told by a good authority-if ugly is ok, but if sexy there is a danger of rape.

37 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

You are a racist and they are American's. The only people who can complain about other people not being American would be the 100% native American's.

1 hour ago, taipan1949 said:

Because Americans only come in one colour, right?

Weird especially for a nation of immigrants.

You might have fought for the wrong side, mate

Yes, tourists need to show the same respect for Thai culture that the junta has done. Nothing shows allegiance like overthrowing an elected government. I could never support their brand of "free speech", but many crimes go unpunished in the Kingdom.

American Instagrammers face jail over offensive photo at temple

By The Nation

9eb35d072d82b895b97b1485b4880f53.jpeg

A gay American couple who author the Instagram page “Travelling Butts” have been arrested at Don Mueang International Airport for having taken photos showing their backsides with the respected Temple of the Dawn.

Police have so far only identified the two as Joseph and Travis, as their identities have yet to be confirmed with the Bangkok Yai police station whose jurisdiction covers the temple.

Immigration Police deputy spokesman Pol Colonel Choengron Rimphadee said the two were arrested at the outbound immigration counter at the airport.

The spokesman said when the couple were checking out at the counter, the online database of the Immigration Bureau alerted police that they were on the arrest watchlist.

On November 24, the Manager Online reported that the two had taken the so-called "buttfie" showing their bottoms with the Temple of the Dawn in the background. Police then began searching for them.

The two were handed over to the Bangkok Yai police station for further action. The spokesman said the charge would not be a normal public indecency charge. Instead, they would be charged with committing indecency in a place of worship, which carries a long jail term.

Following their arrest, the two have deleted all the photos taken in Thailand, leaving only their "buttfie" photos taken in other countries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332779

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-29

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Yeeeeessss...they should be shot for being so disrespectful to the wonderful and supreme Thai- culture!

10 years in jail!?

Some of you guys have absolutely lost it!

There is "Thai'er-than-Thai" and then there is ThaiVisa!

Yep, and right by the side of all that, it´s appearently you. :clap2:

Best news I've read in a long time. I know it's not the crime of the century, but it's downright stupid and ignorant what they did. A stern word with them might help to point out how and why (Thai) people are upset with their stunt. But(t), it's hardly worth locking them up. A big fine should do the trick.  

Now, if only the (Thai) authorities were as quick at capturing those young Thai students who vandalized ancient stones/architecture in Jordan recently, I'd be very happy... 

3 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

That'll only make them cause celebres. Gay pride martyrs. Just kick them out and move on.

Not that I expect Thais will have enough cerebral power to do that.

That´s ok by me. I mean that there is already a lot of martyrs in all areas of life, and guy people want to fit in to society. Then they must learn to be represented in all areas and not only get all the rights they want. Pretty cool to have two gay martyrs in Thai jail then, don´t you think?

As mentioned above the local variant of public indecency, "...getting naked in public", five thousand baht fine.
A relatively modern outrage as within living memory, (granted kuhn pah at 91 is old), working class ladies often went topless. The whole traditional mode of dress was changed by government fiat in an effort to match the perceived economic advantages of Western attitudes and  business culture.

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I don't know what law was broken, but these two are simply rude idiots.

Show them the door...

Indecent exposure I would call it.

100,000 Baht fine each to a charity

1 week in a Thai prison

5 year ban from returning to Thailand

Hand them over to the other countries for same same

That sounds fair, nothing wrong with being gay, but respect of other countries cultures is utmost when travelling in their countries, I think they will learn very quickly that being a foreigner doesn't grant you immunity, and will send a clear message.

Archived