Tourists warned to respect Thai culture - two who showed their butts at Wat Arun arrested

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

10 years for showing your arse?  If you were around in the 18th Century I bet you would have been clapping when people got hung or deported for stealing a loaf of bread

but showing your arse, if you read Chaucer or even Shakespeare was fine.

"The spokesman said the charge would not be a normal public indecency charge. Instead, they would be charged with committing indecency in a place of worship, which carries a long jail term."

Wait until the US Gay community hears about this.

They are very powerful and control many film and television studios in Hollywood.

They will produce endless television programs about the dangers of Thailand and form a boycott.

5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

As stupid as these queers are for doing this arresting them is ludicrous, it will be interesting to see the charge. This is more of a knee jerk reaction from the authorities.

So what would you have done, you know, if you were a Thai cop.....?

5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

As stupid as these queers are for doing this arresting them is ludicrous, it will be interesting to see the charge. This is more of a knee jerk reaction from the authorities.

Guarantee THE King Kenny would disagree with you.

5 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

lot's of people overreacting, as if Thai take their religion so seriously.

people on holidays do silly things this is one of them nothing to worry about.

When you go to a foreign country you should respect their laws and culture. Otherwise, stay home and be an ass in your own country

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

10 years for showing your arse?  If you were around in the 18th Century I bet you would have been clapping when people got hung or deported for stealing a loaf of bread

Appearently stupidity is growing in all areas of society, so somewhere an example has to be made. Why not here? I am not clapping for people get punished. I am clapping for a future of responsible and respectful people. What do you want in the future, and do you have any clue of a solution for it? If not, maybe you should consider finding some before shutting down others, right?

5 hours ago, varun said:

Will probably get away with a fine and a slap on the wrist.

The police should handle this Singapore style - fine, a few weeks in jail and 3-4 strokes of the cane on their bare asses!

I think they would enjoy that caning ?

44 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Your compassion is overwhelming Sir! I'd say 30 days would be sufficient.

No there is no compassion for pure stupidity. Unless anybody can provide proof of insanity, so they can spend there time in a mental institution. The 10 year stands. However, they are already in the airport so they probably get to do it in another country where they make the punishment a reality.

4 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

Hmm.

You can kill a cop or steal billions and leave Thailand, but you can't show your bumm.  Immigration will catch you on that.

Don't think these two happen to be mega rich multi billionaires.

See the difference?

I find it more offensive that 61 people die every day on Thai roads...

not a big deal...indecent exposure charge unless it's a threat to national security or a threat to pattaya's Boys Town?

Get real and start to focus on so many social ills this country faces....

nothing but a low-hanging fruit deflection from real and important issues that the authorities don't want to deal with...

Be a corrupt politician facing jail = let out of the country

Be a rich brat kill a cop = let out of the country

Be american retards posting super disrespectful photos online = arrested when trying to leave country.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Don't think these two happen to be mega rich multi billionaires.

See the difference?

Could have been clearer... here:

Don't think these two happen to be mega rich multi billionaires to give in bribes.

There, that's better, Lovely.

1 minute ago, cardinalblue said:

not a big deal...indecent exposure charge unless it's a threat to national security or a threat to pattaya's Boys Town?

nothing but a low-hanging fruit deflection from real and important issues that the authorities don't want to deal with...

The people in charge of roads are busy planning border tolls.

Every day there's videos posted online with pickup drivers committing vehicular manslaughter and doing hit and runs... Not much done about it i guess..

6 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

So kids seeing stuff, or disrespect for religious sites doesn't come into your equation...?

Archived