Anyone using FarangBox?

Dario

I stumbled over a website called farangbox dot com. The provider offers more than 5'000 TV channels from around the world for as little as 3'900 Baht/year, that's 325 Baht/month. Very cheap compared to the two accounts combined I have now with TrueVision. I'm tired of their service and the same stupid commercials all the time. Farangbox also offers Swiss channels, nice to watch once in a while as a native from Switzerland. Is there anyone here who has a subscription with them? Or woud I be better off to install Kodi on the Android box I'm about to order and get those channels for free? Or would I have to sign up  anyway with some provider? Would anyone be so kind and enlighten me? Thanks in advance for any positive input!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, Dario said:

Or woud I be better off to install Kodi on the Android box I'm about to order and get those channels for free?

You'd be better off installing Kodi yourself and testing their 12 hours free trial and letting us know how it is?

I have never heard of them until you mentioned here. You will be lucky to find similar channel selections available for free from anywhere to use on Kodi as most reliable way is thro subscription service of this kind that has load balancing. If you like it and want to pay I'd only go for minimum period as any service brazen enough to advertise openly on web like this could attract attention methinks.

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

You'd be better off installing Kodi yourself and testing their 12 hours free trial and letting us know how it is?

I have never heard of them until you mentioned here. You will be lucky to find similar channel selections available for free from anywhere to use on Kodi as most reliable way is thro subscription service of this kind that has load balancing. If you like it and want to pay I'd only go for minimum period as any service brazen enough to advertise openly on web like this could attract attention methinks.

I will do that and let you know. What bothers me with farangbox is: no reply for more than 24 hours on their LINE account, no physical address, no phone number, all this raises red flags/ Also, if you want to become a reseller, you have to buy a seller's package for over 6'000 THB. Here's some of the LINE conversation I had with farangbox the day before yesterday:

19:03 Dario How am I sure that after 12 months things are still working and you haven't left?
19:03 Dario Sorry to ask this question. I'm a Swiss national.
19:09 FarangBox Well, we will still be around because we are not based in Thailand. We are based in Europe, in a country where IPTV is legal. So, we will not be forced to shut down or restricted by the government here.

By the way, we have our own box too, if you are interested. The box + 1 year subscription costs THB9900.

What do you think? 3'900 Baht/year is tempting, though ...

• 1 month later...

Have been using Farangbox in both Thailand and overseas for nearly 1 year now, excellent service, channel selection and price. Only issue I had in Thailand was with my TOT  internet their international download speed and latency is useless even though I had the top package, hence I had constant freezing. Farangbox needs a pretty good internet connection with download speed around 15 Mbps so after doing some research I changed my ISP to AIS and subscribed to their 200 Mbps download / 100 Mbps upload package, never had any problem since. 

3 hours ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Have been using Farangbox in both Thailand and overseas for nearly 1 year now, excellent service, channel selection and price. Only issue I had in Thailand was with my TOT  internet their international download speed and latency is useless even though I had the top package, hence I had constant freezing. Farangbox needs a pretty good internet connection with download speed around 15 Mbps so after doing some research I changed my ISP to AIS and subscribed to their 200 Mbps download / 100 Mbps upload package, never had any problem since. 

I asked for a free trial via his LINE account about 2 months ago. Several times He never answered. The only contact with this 1 man show is via his LINE account but it seems dead now. He doesn't give a phone number and he doesn't disclose where he lives. Raises red flags for me.

On 13/01/2018 at 2:33 PM, Dario said:

I asked for a free trial via his LINE account about 2 months ago. Several times He never answered. The only contact with this 1 man show is via his LINE account but it seems dead now. He doesn't give a phone number and he doesn't disclose where he lives. Raises red flags for me.

Try using the email link below, I always get timely response, they are based in Hong Kong

[email protected]

On 1/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Try using the email link below, I always get timely response, they are based in Hong Kong

[email protected]

Thank you very much! I have sent him a message via this email address. Stupid I didn't look for that address...

Are you happy with the TV programs you can get? And how is the quality?

17 minutes ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Try their 24 hour free trail, as i said before once i upgrade my isp from TOT to AIS quality is excellent

It's 12 hours, but you can order a 2nd and a 3rd free trial, if you need to. But tomorrow I will transfer the fee for 12 months. Their free trial is now running on my living room 50" TV. I have TOT 100MB down and I'm the only user in the village, whole bandwidth for ourselves. Well, this is what I have always dreamed of: all the channels you could possibly want, even HD channels from my native Switzerland, in fact, sooooooooo many, and all in top quality, most of them HD. for a mere 325 Baht per month. I'm really thrilled. I think: the best offer available anywhere. I think no-one else can match this.

No comparison to Truevison, absolutely none. And much, much cheaper.

Well, I am sad to admit, that the service worked only one day.

Since this early morning. everything is constantly buffering. The TV picture is moving for 1 to max 5 seconds and then it's buffering, buffering. I must admit that my Internet was slow this morning, but I checked the speed again at 15:35 and I had over 100 MB down. I do hope it is only a temporary problem with the Farangbox server and everything returns to normal, because the choice of channels is just incredible.

Here is my speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6982840273   116 MB down.

For the time being I don't receive any answer on my emails to [email protected]. I will update on this place.

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Well, I am sad to admit, that the service worked only one day.

Since this early morning. everything is constantly buffering. The TV picture is moving for 1 to max 5 seconds and then it's buffering, buffering. I must admit that my Internet was slow this morning, but I checked the speed again at 15:35 and I had over 100 MB down. I do hope it is only a temporary problem with the Farangbox server and everything returns to normal, because the choice of channels is just incredible.

Here is my speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6982840273   116 MB down.

For the time being I don't receive any answer on my emails to [email protected]. I will update on this place.

There was a issue with Pulse this afternoon too.

Farangbox is a bit clunky for my liking but i may give it a second go.

9 minutes ago, Thaitoknow said:

There was a issue with Pulse this afternoon too.

Farangbox is a bit clunky for my liking but i may give it a second go.

If I were you I would not subscribe! You may encounter the same as I did. It's now 5 1/2 hours since I sent him several emails. He did not answer. Go to Trustpilot and see for yourself. There are 5 reviews. Two are good, probably his friends. The three others encountered the same as me. They paid and the service stopped and he never answered their emails. This just for your info.

The service worked fine during the 12-hour trial. Then I paid 3'900 Baht fee for 12 months. Th first day (yesterday) the service worked fine. From this morning on it was crap. Almost 6 hours after I sent him several emails it still doesn't work and he did not answer.

I asked him repeatedly his name, he never gave me his name. He knows exactly why. Judge for yourself.

3 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

I have just got the 12 hour trial.

Seems to be working ok.

The test will come when the football starts.

I cannot see anything that suggests there is any catchup facility.

Lite Beer, you made that post 2 hours ago. You requested a trial code via [email protected]. So he sent you the trial code about 2 hours ago via [email protected], right? I tried to get an answer for the last six hours, he answered yours, but he did not answer my emails I sent to the same address.

It is normal that your 12-hour trial is running fine. If you then pay, your first day will be running fine, too. Then suddenly, it won't work anymore. I am sure, you don't know the guys name, nor his address, nor have contact phone number. I fell into his trap. I will ask him to make this thing work and give him 48 hours. If within 48 hours he doesn't answer or restores the service I have paid for, I will ask him to refund me the 3'900 Baht I paid that Thai person (probably his gf). I doubt that he would ever refund me the money.

Have a look at Trustpilot/farangbox.

Judge for yourself!

1 minute ago, Lite Beer said:

I requested the trial via his website at 12.30 and got the code at 5.30. 

Using with Perfect Player. 

I would never pay upfront for a year. 

Right you are. So at 1730 he had already seen my mails.I am a member here since 2007 and have seen you appearing here countless times. Don't get hurt. I just send him now another email and give him 48 hours. Within 48 hours the service is working perfectly like the trial or the 3'900 Baht are back in my bank account.

It just seemed to good to be true. Too cheap.

Ive used thaiexpat, 365sports, flawless, iviewhd and pulsetv since ive been in Thailand and when somebody is offering a service for half the price it makes me wary.

Been using pulse for a year now at tje end of the month. 

Best bit is that you can have it on 4 seperate platforms.

Great if you share internet with a friend or 2 and you can all share the costs.

2 hours ago, Dario said:

Right you are. So at 1730 he had already seen my mails.I am a member here since 2007 and have seen you appearing here countless times. Don't get hurt. I just send him now another email and give him 48 hours. Within 48 hours the service is working perfectly like the trial or the 3'900 Baht are back in my bank account.

Well, I can report that I have been refunded the 3'900 Baht, because Farangbox is not able to deliver what they promise.

The problem lies with TOT, not Farang Box. Your speedtest was within Thailand so means nothing. you need to do a speedtest to Europe with https://testmy.net/.

You will need at least a good 20Mb/sec to Europe, London or Frankfurt, for it to work OK.

I had the same problem with my IPTV service (not Farang Box), with AIS Fibre, just not enough international bandwidth and constant buffering.

Complained to AIS constantly and they did nothing. I have now changed to 3BB Fibre and so far so good.

Capture.JPG

Archived