Jump to content
BANGKOK
Dario

Anyone using FarangBox?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

The problem lies with TOT, not Farang Box. Your speedtest was within Thailand so means nothing. you need to do a speedtest to Europe with https://testmy.net/.

You will need at least a good 20Mb/sec to Europe, London or Frankfurt, for it to work OK.

I had the same problem with my IPTV service (not Farang Box), with AIS Fibre, just not enough international bandwidth and constant buffering.

Complained to AIS constantly and they did nothing. I have now changed to 3BB Fibre and so far so good.

Capture.JPG

What you tell us here, surprises me! When I make a test with testmy.net, I receive just about 15 MB/s. But how come that with the 12-hour trial it worked perfectly using the same TOT network??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thaitoknow said:

It just seemed to good to be true. Too cheap.

Ive used thaiexpat, 365sports, flawless, iviewhd and pulsetv since ive been in Thailand and when somebody is offering a service for half the price it makes me wary.

Been using pulse for a year now at tje end of the month. 

Best bit is that you can have it on 4 seperate platforms.

Great if you share internet with a friend or 2 and you can all share the costs.

 

 

Pulse is 10'000 Baht a year and the channel line-up is very limited. Plus you have to use their box. No value for money. Much overpriced. There must be cheaper solutions with a larger channel-line-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dario said:

Pulse is 10'000 Baht a year and the channel line-up is very limited. Plus you have to use their box. No value for money. Much overpriced. There must be cheaper solutions with a larger channel-line-up.

You do not have to use their box.

You can use your android box.

 

Most of these operations are hit and miss.

The trick is to find one that works for you. Whatever the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lite Beer said:

You do not have to use their box.

You can use your android box.

 

Most of these operations are hit and miss.

The trick is to find one that works for you. Whatever the price.

 

Hi, good to see you.

OK, I can use my T95Z Plus Android Box, but the channel line-up is very limited, compared to what Farangbox offers. I have a Swiss friend in Lampang who knows a lot about this. At the time when everyone used the Dreambox(es) he had servers in operation and I was one of his customers. Over the years, the technology has changed and we have to use an Android box nowadays. I am busy to contact him. Apparently it is possible to program your Kodi or Perfect Player with FREE add-ons which give you lots of free HD channels from around the world. No need to pay a crappy service with a crappy support. I'm trying to find out more.

What I'm looking for is Swiss TV channles (to be able to watch now and then), all my favorite documentary channels in English, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel in English for my daughter and major news channels for me in HD like Fox News, ABC News, CNBC, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, etc. As I mentioned, apparently you can download add-ons to get all this for free. There are heaps of instructional videos about this on Youtube. I'll keep you posted.

 

Did I mention that I got a full refund of the 3'900 Baht annual fee from Farangbox, after I put quite some pressure on him and his gf? He had never thought it possible that I would find out all about him, so he must have gotten petrified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulse has all those channels plus French and German tv.

Free apps like mobdro an livetvnet will also have those channels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dario said:

What you tell us here, surprises me! When I make a test with testmy.net, I receive just about 15 MB/s. But how come that with the 12-hour trial it worked perfectly using the same TOT network??

It gets worse at peak periods, in the evenings and at the weekends. It is usually best in the mornings, was that when you had your free trial? 15Mb/sec is borderline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

It gets worse at peak periods, in the evenings and at the weekends. It is usually best in the mornings, was that when you had your free trial? 15Mb/sec is borderline.

15Mbps is plenty. For Full HD 7Mbps is all you need,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dario said:

Well, I can report that I have been refunded the 3'900 Baht, because Farangbox is not able to deliver what they promise.

Don't blame Farang box because you will have problem with every service, first of all because you have TOT connection and secondly because you have no idea about how these things work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Don't blame Farang box because you will have problem with every service, first of all because you have TOT connection and secondly because you have no idea about how these things work.

So then, educate me and the community about how it works ... Why don't you subscribe then to Farangbox, because there is no better offer in TV watching around??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

15Mbps is plenty. For Full HD 7Mbps is all you need,.

It was from 18/01/2018 at 17:07 onwards. At full peaktime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dario said:

So then, educate me and the community about how it works ... Why don't you subscribe then to Farangbox, because there is no better offer in TV watching around??? 

 

If you go through my post history you will find that I don't need to pay for any IPTV because it is all available for free.

 

By the way, I understand that you tested your speed with testmy.net AFTER you cancelled your subscription, because before your weren't even aware of that website, so you don't know what your speed was when you experienced the problems.

 

It is also not clear from your post if that speed test was on your PC or directly on the box.

 

As for your speed, 7Mbps is all you need for a full HD 1080P stream and everything above is an extra, but your problem is TOT, probably the worst ISP in the whole of Thailand and they throttle as hell.

 

Look up deep packet scan, and you will understand what throttling means, and a speed test means nothing in that case.

 

Many things can influence your streams, using WIFI is the major one, but it has to be looked at case by case.

 

I just settled a customer yesterday who had buffering when he shouldn't have, by unplugging the USB receivers from his PC mouse and keyboard he had in the box, and his buffering disappeared as snow for the sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

 

If you go through my post history you will find that I don't need to pay for any IPTV because it is all available for free.

 

By the way, I understand that you tested your speed with testmy.net AFTER you cancelled your subscription, because before your weren't even aware of that website, so you don't know what your speed was when you experienced the problems.

 

It is also not clear from your post if that speed test was on your PC or directly on the box.

 

As for your speed, 7Mbps is all you need for a full HD 1080P stream and everything above is an extra, but your problem is TOT, probably the worst ISP in the whole of Thailand and they throttle as hell.

 

Look up deep packet scan, and you will understand what throttling means, and a speed test means nothing in that case.

 

Many things can influence your streams, using WIFI is the major one, but it has to be looked at case by case.

 

I just settled a customer yesterday who had buffering when he shouldn't have, by unplugging the USB receivers from his PC mouse and keyboard he had in the box, and his buffering disappeared as snow for the sun.

 

Very interesting what you write! Thank you for elaborating. You must be an expert descending from the Netherlands or the Belgian Flanders. I think I'm not far from the truth. Anyway, let me explain my situation. As you know, I have one of those routers from Thai State owned TOT company, indeed the worst Internet provider in Thailand. But this was the only choice offered to me in the god forsaken place I live right now in the deepest Isaan. (3BB has laid cables, but hasn't contacted us yet to connect). This router receives 100 MB down/ 20 MB down. From the router 3 connecting LAN cables go:

 

1   direct to my main computer

2   underground to my Android box T96Z Plus which re-surfaces right behind my LG 50" Flatscreen TV in the living room, about 2,60 m away

3   above ground (above ceiling) to another T95Z Plus Android box in our master bedroom, connected to our LG 50" flat screen in the master bedroom

 

On my daughter's TV I have installed a wifi antenna which collects the signal from the router but delivers only around 50 MB down/ 20 MB up. Farangbox code is installed on the T95Z in the living room. For some odd reason (I don't know why), the T95Z Plus in the master bedroom doesn't boot when connected. The TOT IPTV connected from a LAN splitter delivers as it should.

 

What is most interesting is the fact that you tell us that all those channels can be had for free . It confirms me what I already thought to be this way. I will contact you via PM to get to know more about. And yes, on both Android boxes KODI and Perfect Player are installed.

 

A question comes into my mind: do you use Mobdro?

 

Thanks in advance for your much appreciated help.

Edited by Dario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Many things can influence your streams, using WIFI is the major one, but it has to be looked at case by case.

 

I just settled a customer yesterday who had buffering when he shouldn't have, by unplugging the USB receivers from his PC mouse and keyboard he had in the box, and his buffering disappeared as snow for the sun.

 

I'm using a cordless mouse on my main PC fed directly via LAN from the TOT router. Does that throttle the signal by any chance?

In order to connect my Android boxes I'm using WIFI. But there is the LAN cable connected as well. Probably there I did something wrong!! Please be so kind and let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Dario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dario said:

 

I'm using a cordless mouse on my main PC fed directly via LAN from the TOT router. Does that throttle the signal by any chance?

In order to connect my Android boxes I'm using WIFI. But there is the LAN cable connected as well. Probably there I did something wrong!! Please be so kind and let me know. Thank you.

A cordless mouse on your PC will probably not throttle anything, and also not every wireless mouse will throttle, it has to be looked case by case.

 

Some of those usb receivers interfere with the audio drivers on the box, others with the video drivers, and some have no issue at all.

 

You should avoid WIFI, because regardless of how good your WIFI signal is, the speed will always be lower and a radio signal is prone to many interferences. Even your tv can influence the signal.

 

Better use Powerline adapters, which can be had for 1280 Baht for a set on Lazada, and use the electrical wires in your wall as a network.

 

Switching to a better quality router will also improve your connection, and rebooting the router frequently as well, especially when you use WIFI.

 

Mobdro isn't bad for live tv but runs at low picture resolution ( read low bandwidth), to serve as many people as possible.

 

There are many better.

 

My main thing is Kodi.

 

Your speed tests to Bangkok servers mean nothing, in Bangkok are temple and bars, and they don't run IPTV servers. And even then they are all fake results because they use multithread like a torrent to get you the maximum speed. With a video stream you have only 1 connection.

 

Testmy.net to European server is your only reliable speed test there is

 

 

 

 

Edited by janclaes47
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 11:51 AM, janclaes47 said:

Don't blame Farang box because you will have problem with every service, first of all because you have TOT connection and secondly because you have no idea about how these things work.

This is exactly what I told "Dario" as well, TOT is useless for international streaming. Have had Farangbox nearly a year now with AIS super fibre and virtualy no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...