Jobs in March

Zim Sean

Hello all. Myself and my girlfriend are planning on coming to Thailand to do our TEFL in feb 2018. Seeing as it is the middle of the holidays what are the chances of finding a teaching job starting in March? Or alternatively is there any other sort of employment options available before the start of the term in May to tourist visa holders? Thanks in advance

12 hours ago, Zim Sean said:

Or alternatively is there any other sort of employment options available before the start of the term in May to tourist visa holders?

Pretty sure it still states on a tourist visa that work is prohibited. That said, I am sure there are some schools around that would overlook both visa type and work permit for 'summer camps'.

The problems arise if you are caught 'working' without the correct paperwork.

if you have a bachelors degree it will be fairly easy, 
if you don't.. you will get payed much less usually but still could find something I guess ( in the countryside )

technically on a tourist visa its illegal to work here... but in reality nobody cares and if you get caught not much will happen to you.. 

I know this Swedish guy with no actual visa working on koh samui in a police bar .. .pretty funny :) 

17 hours ago, whynotme said:

Some schools will be looking for summer school teachers, however most schools start hiring in late April or early May.

You might ask your TEFL school for help in finding summer employment.

Good luck!

You can't work when you have a tourist visa it's not alowed you need a workpermit which you can't get on a tourisrvisa.

Most government schools start their new academic year middle of May.

But you could easily find work doing summer camps. A work permit for a short period of time is possible. (Even when not too many people are doing it)

Not making advertisement here, but you could get in touch with them for summer camps. 

https://www.totalesl.com/total-esl-jobs?id=233985

www.ajarn.com is a website to find a job in a particular region of LOS. Best of luck!

Archived