Non-immigrant O in Portland (not married, not a volunteer, don't own property)?

Looking at the Portland honorary Thai consulate's web site, I see they can do Non immigrant O visas for Marriage, volunteer, or condo/home ownership. Can anyone confirm definitively they don't do Non-immigrant Os for other purposes (exploring retirement)?

I may not have enough time to get an O-A from Los Angeles. I know I can get a tourist visa in Portland, and convert it to an O in Thailand, and then do an extension based on retirement, and I'd like to avoid the extra step of tourist to O, if possible.

PS: I called Portland, got a recording, no way to leave a message.

I  don't know specifically about Portland, the Miami consulate would not do a non-imm o for retirement. They said to apply for type o-a.

So now trying to convert tourist visa to non-imm o for retirement here in Thailand.

1 hour ago, DoktorC said:

I  don't know specifically about Portland, the Miami consulate would not do a non-imm o for retirement.

Were you asking about a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa. The honorary consulates cannot issue a multiple entry visa but can issue a single entry non-o visa.

The question about single vs. multiple entry never came up. The Miami consulate website shows requirements for several non-imm. O visas, but not for reason of retirement. I asked about it while applying for tourist visa. The consol said they did not issue non--imm O for retirement. I would need to apply for type O-A at embassy in Washington.

• 4 weeks later...