DM to Suvarnabhumi

thailen

Eliminating taxis and the connecting flight shuttle, I remember taking a minibus just outside the terminal to a BTS station and transferring to another BTS station which stopped at Suvarnabhumi airport. Is this still the case? What's the total travel time(best guess)?

4 hours ago, pattsman42 said:

There is a free shuttle bus between the two airports for passengers with connecting flights. Supposedly you need an air ticket but I believe they don't check too thoroughly.

They check very carefully.  You need a departing flight from the terminal you're catching the shuttle bus to.  They check and record airline and flight number and require you to show them a confirmed booking

On 11/12/2017 at 12:05 AM, Argus Tuft said:

They check very carefully.  You need a departing flight from the terminal you're catching the shuttle bus to.  They check and record airline and flight number and require you to show them a confirmed booking

I can confirm that this was the case for me too, in mid-November.

I had caught the Bell-Bus service from my guesthouse in Pattaya up to Swampy (Departures), took the escalators downstairs to floor-2 (Arrivals) and walked out of door-3 to a desk, where they checked my onward-ticket from Don Muang (and wrote down the details on their list) before allowing me onto the free shuttle-bus, which dropped us at DMK Departures.

Journey-time was just over 1-hour, due to heavy-traffic at one point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2017 at 1:36 AM, Ricardo said:

I can confirm that this was the case for me too, in mid-November.

I had caught the Bell-Bus service from my guesthouse in Pattaya up to Swampy (Departures), took the escalators downstairs to floor-2 (Arrivals) and walked out of door-3 to a desk, where they checked my onward-ticket from Don Muang (and wrote down the details on their list) before allowing me onto the free shuttle-bus, which dropped us at DMK Departures.

Journey-time was just over 1-hour, due to heavy-traffic at one point.

So if I get off a flight at 1.30pm and show the free bus operators an flight from suvarnabhumi leaving at 6 that same day. I can travel between two airports for free?

If so is a proof on a phone showing flight ok?

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So if I get off a flight at 1.30pm and show the free bus operators an flight from suvarnabhumi leaving at 6 that same day. I can travel between two airports for free?

I would have thought so, but can't say from personal-experience, my trips are usually in the other direction, and I use print-outs of tickets as proof.

They write down, on their form, the flight-details (perhaps the onward-airline is being recharged a cost ?) and these would also appear on your phone, I imagine.

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yes and yes - no problem

7 hours ago, thailen said:

How much do I save with Grab vs a  regular taxi and where would I meet the Grab driver?

both Grab and Uber are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive on trips from/to both airports than a regular cab that uses the meter properly

as I assume from your post that you r arriving at DMK, your best bet is to walk out to Vibhavadee road and hail down a cab from the Bus stop there. Usually there are several cabs waiting for pax, but I always try to hail down one that is still moving.

If a driver already stationary there and waiting outside his car asks you "where you go", smile at him and go to the next one, as such questions usually suggests he plans to take you for a ride in more than one way

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 3:41 AM, Rc2702 said:

It has been my experience that the flight can be the next day as well - as long as you have a ticket - they use the info to collect fares from the airline to support the shuttle.  It is to me the way to go  - we come in from upcountry catch the shuttle to suvarnabhumi and then get a free van for the hotel near there and return in the morning for the flight out.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2018 at 2:20 AM, RKASA said:

It has been my experience that the flight can be the next day as well - as long as you have a ticket - they use the info to collect fares from the airline to support the shuttle.  It is to me the way to go  - we come in from upcountry catch the shuttle to suvarnabhumi and then get a free van for the hotel near there and return in the morning for the flight out.

Correct. A friend of mine did this in Feb in both directions. EVA from LHR then next day to Buriram and vice-versa due to flight times.

Archived