Daily Mail executive killed in Bangkok

webfact

On 11/30/2017 at 11:37 AM, wakeupplease said:

Unlike here where over 25.000 die a year on the roads and teachers are allowed to beat the hell out of children

No wonder the place is hell on earth with that thinking.

Teachers are allowed to carry out corporal punishment? Sounds pretty based to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, atyclb said:

in colombia you must look left, right, up and down before crossing any road, same style as in thailand because drivers have little respect for pedestrians but colombian drivers are much more aware as opposed to thai's.  not infrequently the equation is . sabai sabai + mai pen rai driving = accidents    not say it happened in this particular case

Why would you look left then right in Thailand, where cars are driven on the left?

Double check to the RIGHT first, as that's where the next car/bike is coming from!

So the style in Thailand has to be different from Columbia where no doubt they drive on the right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 30/11/2017 at 1:12 AM, gr8fldanielle said:

so an unaware tourist that is used to cars driving on the opposite side of the road, steps in front of a car and unavoidably gets hit.

The driver goes to jail for the pedestrian's mistake???

Destroy a 24 year old student's life, miss school, miss graduation, how does this even make sense?

I’m Manuela’s sister and I saw the accident’s video, she wasn’t “unaware” the driver was driving very very fast. So please don’t be so disrespectful if you don’t know anything about the situation.

we made it very clear that we didn’t want to press any charges against the driver, we don’t want to destroy her life, we have talked to her several times and she knows we want the best for her, because there’s anything we can do to bring my sister back. 

7 hours ago, CamilaRuiz said:

I’m Manuela’s sister and I saw the accident’s video, she wasn’t “unaware” the driver was driving very very fast. So please don’t be so disrespectful if you don’t know anything about the situation.

we made it very clear that we didn’t want to press any charges against the driver, we don’t want to destroy her life, we have talked to her several times and she knows we want the best for her, because there’s anything we can do to bring my sister back. 

I'll take it English is not your first language. No one said she was unaware the driver was speeding. My point was many people come to Thailand and look the wrong way when crossing a street, being that where they live the cars drive on the other side. Purely an accident for sure, but I don't think the driver needs to go to prison because someone was killed. It was an accident. You obviously don't know Thai law.

Your post means nothing at all, it's not even on topic. But thanks for the attitude.

Archived