Where to buy/rent bicycles​ in Phitsanulok?

Elkski

I am wanting to buy 5 pedal bikes in Phitsanulok.  2 adults and 10,12&14 yr old.   These would be for riding along the Nan river.   

Where is a good place to buy or rent?  

What expense am I looking at?

these bikes are  just to make some great family memories. 

About how much would you guess these department store bikes cost?

I bought a couple of bikes from Lotus this week, 1 for gf cost 2,590 baht (24” wheel with the basket and rack on the back ) and 1 for me at 3,690 baht (24” wheels with 6 speed Shimano gears and rear suspension )
The ladies bikes probably range from 2,000 to 3,000 baht and for the guys up to 6,900 baht for 26” and more ( and better) gears.

Kids ?, can’t help you there.

Obviously for the price you’re not gonna enter the Tour de France but we bought them to have a gentle pedal around the locality and I’ve been out twice a day so far on mine and the gf joins me for the longer ride out around 5.00 pm .

IMG_3852.JPG

IMG_3855.JPG

Thanks.   A good full suspension mountain bike in USA is 55,000 baht and up.    I talked to some road bikes who were at the River Kwai in some sort of organises road ride.  They said typical road bikes are 70,000-100,000 baht.    I have some fond memories of biking along the Nan River.   I just needed a bike that fits my 183 cm.   And want the kid's to join.  

IMG_20170718_143141891_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I bought a couple of bikes from Lotus this week, 1 for gf cost 2,590 baht (24” wheel with the basket and rack on the back ) and 1 for me at 3,690 baht (24” wheels with 6 speed Shimano gears and rear suspension )
The ladies bikes probably range from 2,000 to 3,000 baht and for the guys up to 6,900 baht for 26” and more ( and better) gears.

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Thanks.   A good full suspension mountain bike in USA is 55,000 baht and up.    I talked to some road bikes who were at the River Kwai in some sort of organises road ride.  They said typical road bikes are 70,000-100,000 baht.    I have some fond memories of biking along the Nan River.   I just needed a bike that fits my 183 cm.   And want the kid's to join.  

The shop that I referred to in post #2 is where you'll find your top-of-the-range super-expensive road bikes and Lotus and Big C your runabout bikes I would imagine.

Obviously I’ve given you the “cheapest of the cheap “ option !
As I don’t plan to do much mileage, a thirty minute ride at best, they suit me fine.
If you’re looking for something to last then a dedicated bike shop will have more options some better quality and buying 5 at a time should surely give you some bargaining power.

Googled “ bicycle shop phitsanulok “ and got 6 or 7 options .

Archived