Russian tourist in Pattaya dies after falling from condo balcony onto metal spikes

rooster59

Russian tourist in Pattaya dies after falling from condo balcony onto metal spikes

D88FF207-EB0C-4DBD-8188-604094A957BE(1).jpeg

A Russian man has died after falling from the balcony of his condo and landing on metal spikes.

The unnamed man reportedly returned to his room at 4am on Friday morning at a condo on Soi Thap Phraya in Nong Prue only to realise he had lost his key.

He then woke guests staying in a neighbouring room and asked them if he could climb across from their balcony to his room, TNews reported.

As he began to make the climb he slipped and fell on to some metal railings which had been put in place to try and stop people gaining access to rooms.

One of the man’s legs was impaled on the spikes and witnesses reported hearing him scream out in pain.

Rescue workers from Sawang Boromtham Foundation eventually managed to cut the man free and he was taken to Pattaya City Memorial Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.

Doctors said the man had lost a huge amount of blood and could not be saved.

Police are treating the death as an accident.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-02
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the rescue operation it looks that they did their best , but I could not see any doctor at the scene to stop the bleeding , they could also given the man painkillers  .

I suspect he could have lived longer if they tried to stop the bleeding.  RIP. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

After watching the rescue operation it looks that they did their best , but I could not see any doctor at the scene to stop the bleeding , they could also given the man painkillers  .

I suspect he could have lived longer if they tried to stop the bleeding.  RIP. 

Looking at the amount of Blood looks like a Femoral Artery was punctured, only had about 20Mins if that was the case!

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

too bad they could not get a tourniquet around his leg.

If he lost as much blood as the implied he probably damaged his femoral artery which gave him a very short window to survive.  Also, I don't know the details of the rescue but in the event you or someone you know is impaled or stabbed, leave the foreign object in place until he/she is at the hospital where doctors will remove it.  If it means cutting a chunk of the spiked fence away then do that and deliver the victim with the fence still embedded.  The violates most peoples instincts but could save a life.

14 minutes ago, csabo said:

If he lost as much blood as the implied he probably damaged his femoral artery which gave him a very short window to survive.  Also, I don't know the details of the rescue but in the event you or someone you know is impaled or stabbed, leave the foreign object in place until he/she is at the hospital where doctors will remove it.  If it means cutting a chunk of the spiked fence away then do that and deliver the victim with the fence still embedded.  The violates most peoples instincts but could save a life.

Yep, if you cut the femoral artery you are pretty much done for. I saw a video of a thief in Brazil that red kicking in a storefront window to gain access. His foot went right through it, but he shredded his artery and was dead within a few minutes. 

Archived