Russian tourist in Pattaya dies after falling from condo balcony onto metal spikes

rooster59

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2017 at 3:02 PM, csabo said:

I hide an extra house key in my truck.  A little forethought could save your life.  

Indeed or go to a hotel for the night..............Or pay a tough motosai boy to do the climbing for you. Or just snooze by the pool until daybreak as most condo managers and juristics have a spare key.

On 12/3/2017 at 2:56 AM, Here It Is said:

There is no doubt that the rescue services were extremely professional.  They tried their absolute best to extricate the poor guy at the earliest and get him to hospital.

I agree and think that there is a lot of unfair bashing in this thread. In other countries, fire fighters and medical rescue personnel are paid through monies collected from property taxes. Such an arrangement does not exist here. Many of theses EMS guys and girls are volunteers. They pay for their equipment out of their own money. Quite a few of them spend up to one million Baht of their own money on specially equipped vehicles, medical equipment, etc. Some travel to Australia, USA, etc. to get specialized training. They pay for it all themselves. They do it to earn Buddhist merit.  Many are 2nd and 3rd generation. There was a documentary on about 2 years ago - I think it was produced by Singaporean television about the EMS Services in Thailand. It was very interesting.

I've seen these people in action before, a couple of times - once during my own accident. They are very impressive. Yes, some are less trained than others. It's not a perfect system, but nothing in life is perfect, and even less so here.

Archived