help with customs, regarding computer from china

hansje1980

Hey all,

I have an Import Tariff question regarding a person purchase (not business, but posted here, as most people in this subforum seem to know most if admin is ok with it?)

Description

COURIER: UPS
TO: Thailand 
PRODUCT: Custom Computer (without keyboard and without screen)
VALUE: 50,000 THB

I need to send them (UPS) the Tariff code by mail, so they can determine the value I have to pay to them.

I cant seem to find it on http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp as when I look for computers, the default import tariff seems to be 40% which is normal, if you dont come up with any kind of act/exemption hs tariff code number.

This being said, I found this on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/…/ASEAN%E2%80%93China_Free_Trade_A… where it mentions that China has a deal with ASEAN countries, that the percentage of import duties is 0.1-9.9% while the original 6 countries of ASEAN which includes Thailand has a 0% percentage. Is this (still) correct? If yes, should I mention this in my email back to UPS?

Which HS Tariff code would I need to reply to UPS? Because I don't want to be scammed, and I not mind paying tax at all, as long as it's legit and conform Thai Customs 1f642.png:

This is what I found though: [see PDF attachment and then on top of 2nd page]
It clearly says on the Customs government website also that it's exempted, so should I reply with this below? 

ACN : ASEAN - China Free Trade Agreement - Tariff Code 8471.411000
EXEMPTED Tariff - 0% Rate - Tariff Statistical Code 800/899
VAT RATE: xx%
<--- any idea? 10% I believe for electronics from China?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hans

This is what I found:

)

Integrated Tariff Database.pdf

Archived