“Sneaky” Swiss thieves set to spend Christmas in Thai jail after airport theft

Jonathan Fairfield

Yep. Swissies in the news lately.
If that keeps going, I will be asked to show 20K Bht at the Airport and they will ask me "have you ever been in Nigeria"?. Rats!

My comment, that I have been cheated out of the equivalent of 50 laptops by respectable Thai-Nationals over the years will not impress the Immi-Officer nor anyone else.
The occasinal "theft" commited by Farangs are dwarfed by officially sanctioned "thievery" towards Farangs in this country.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to list all the Scams that I have come across in Thailand over the years, only serving the purpose to cheat/steal from foreighners. Tolerated and encouraged by the "Thai-Officialdom".

With amusement do I take notice of Thai-Ladies that have fallen prey to Farang "Marriage-Swindlers". (Always a big event on social-media). A handful per year? How many Farangs fall prey to "Marriage-Swindlers" every year in Thailand?

So, who are the big-time thieves, may I ask? It's not the occasional Farang Laptop-Thieves at the Airport I may venture to say.
Cheers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very valid point.  

The two are petty, sneak thieves at best. The kind that steal from old blind ladies in a waiting room at a hospital or doctors office.

It's not like they have warehouses of stolen art and gold is it?   Sorry swissie

4 hours ago, swissie said:

If that keeps going, I will be asked to show 20K Bht at the Airport and they will ask me "have you ever been in Nigeria"?. Rats!

My comment, that I have been cheated out of the equivalent of 50 laptops by respectable Thai-Nationals over the years will not impress the Immi-Officer nor anyone else.
The occasinal "theft" commited by Farangs are dwarfed by officially sanctioned "thievery" towards Farangs in this country.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to list all the Scams that I have come across in Thailand over the years, only serving the purpose to cheat/steal from foreighners. Tolerated and encouraged by the "Thai-Officialdom".

With amusement do I take notice of Thai-Ladies that have fallen prey to Farang "Marriage-Swindlers". (Always a big event on social-media). A handful per year? How many Farangs fall prey to "Marriage-Swindlers" every year in Thailand?

So, who are the big-time thieves, may I ask? It's not the occasional Farang Laptop-Thieves at the Airport I may venture to say.
Cheers.

This thread isnt about you or what you have been swindled out of and this thread is nothing to do with big time thieves , this thread is about two thieves at an airport .

5 hours ago, swissie said:

Cheers.

The the Thais are very naughty.  However seems the Swiss wrote the book on crooks.  You guys kill me. LOL!!!

I got ripped off at the Taipei airport years ago & CCTV caught them.

The guy stopped near the bag on the floor, stopped as if to look at the departure sign, then shoved it along with his foot before picking it up.

Big HEAVY briefcase full of pretty much worthless (to him) technical manuals.

It was hilarious!

21 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I'm a Farang and some of them had done bag snatching, mostly at airports. Of course, does the ordinary folk believe that we are "same same".

I don't think that the village lady was ignorant. If a bunch of Thais would steal stuff from people in a more civilized country, wouldn't we have a similar reaction? And protecting our goods can't be ignorant, don't you think so?

I think you must be dodgy looking, jenny.... really really dodgy looking

now me... well people come up to me and ask me to mind their stuff... because I’m not dodgy looking

please do try to stop scaring our host countrymen ???

Lol.... love the hang em high brigade with their sharpened knut knife.

justice people, is what is surely needed.... it’s even what other farangs, should surely call for.... as otherwise, when it is you being called forward, justice might be stepping backwards.

now as justice equates to equality under the law, whatever fine (or other punishment) that a native may get, then so to should these swizzies be given... nothing more... nothing less

fair and reasonable.... surely... 500 baht and a wai by by.... 

On 04/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, manarak said:

what I meant is that Hepatitis A cannot be considered serious enough to paint a gloomy picture of it being a condition that " could change there(sic) whole life "...

About 114 million infections (asymptomatic and symptomatic) occurred all together in 2015. Acute hepatitis A resulted in 11,200 deaths in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_A#Epidemiology

Hepatitis severely impaired the life quality of one of my very good friends,...for many years !!! until he died of another cause !!!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, darksidedog said:

The jails are filled with poor people. Those who can't afford bail and couldn't afford to buy the cops off. Rich guilty as we have all seen, don't go to jail. The population of Nong Plalai outside Pattaya is 60% unconvicted on remand, so technically it isn't flooded with proven guilty.

"Rich guilty as we have all seen, don't go to jail".

More nonsense. You really need to keep up with what's happened to a number of rich, convicted criminals recently.  Here's a clue... they were jailed.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, edwardflory said:

I am trying to remember...  is time in a jail ( Court / Prison / Jail documents ) a excuse that Immigration accepts for a overstay ( vs Medical documents ) to leave without paying "overstay" fine?... hummm

Yes.

On 12/4/2017 at 2:22 PM, jenny2017 said:

I'm a Farang and some of them had done bag snatching, mostly at airports. Of course, does the ordinary folk believe that we are "same same".

I don't think that the village lady was ignorant. If a bunch of Thais would steal stuff from people in a more civilized country, wouldn't we have a similar reaction? And protecting our goods can't be ignorant, don't you think so?

more civilized country? and no I wouldn't, cos i am not stupid to think everyone is the same if they come from a certain country.

Protecting goods has nothing to do with it, that is a strawman argument. I am talking about generalizing about people

On 12/5/2017 at 12:02 PM, farcanell said:

I think you must be dodgy looking, jenny.... really really dodgy looking

now me... well people come up to me and ask me to mind their stuff... because I’m not dodgy looking

please do try to stop scaring our host countrymen ???

Are you a handsome man? :cheesy:

Archived