Former It Manager

natee1

How would one recognize them? What would/could one do if there was reasonable suspicion of a neighbour/acquaintance abusing children?

Looking at the recent discussions about ######, this subject is a right can of worms, but I believe it should be discussed openly.

Anyway, still no updates about David.

Edited by george

Just be sure what you are seeing before you initiate a witch hunt. There have been a number of times where I've seen Western men out and about, holding hands with boys or girls 12 or 13 years old, and assumed the worst...only then to notice the wife a few feet away. A family out on an outing.

Make very sure that you are correct before you instigate such a thing,Too many people love to blame someone of molestation when in fact nothing is happening.

No one hates a child molester more than I.but a witch hunt a lot of times Results in the wrong person being hanged.. :o

Just wanted to post that I have no information. (Reason being that if Chiang Mai residents suddenly go quiet, especially senior board members or moderators, that people think we're hiding something.

So I'm not hiding something, I'm just clueless! :o

Would like an update myself, some people who were close to David A. in the past can perhaps find out?

And to further Natee's question on what to do when you suspect child abuse, I wonder if there is any particular person or department within the Chiang Mai police who would be best contacted with suspicions? I worry about witch hunts too, but I hope most people would have enough common sense to not go rabid when they see a father with his look-krueng son or wife's daughter from a former marriage walking together at Tesco's!

I once walked a flower-seller girl to a pharmacy when she had a nasty cut on her leg, and felt a bit self-conscious about what people would be thinking... :-) (The pharmacy cleaned the wound and patched her up for free by the way)

Cheers,

Chanchao

call the cops asap.

And tell them what exactly?

I only met this gentleman a few times, a few times too many as it turned out.

It became apparant quite quickly he was a liar,if you do lie make sure you have a good memory obviously he had been drinking too much milk of amnesia as he made many mistakes.

Tell the old bill he is a liar?

My better half did not like him,she thought he was a homosexual even though he said he had a woman type wife.

Tell them that my wife does not like him?

I never saw any females with him but some very odd male types.

If you are going to arrest the odd types here in Thailand Don Muang airport will be packed out for months deporting them.

He had a good job to all intents and purposes in a good hotel here,which is more than I do I'm a man of leisure.

Tell them that?

While we are on the subject can we clear one thing up?

The people he had living with him were and are not "kids or boys" they may well have been when they first came to live with him but they are young men now.

Please, please can we stop using these emotive words? It might have worked on his web site when he was touting for money but it is untrue these people are men so thats what we should call them.

As to calling the police they must have known the set up he had at his home,I did and I read it on his web site,but there again he said he had a wife,he even said it on here many times.

Now he ripped me off for a load of money that's what we should call the police about!

As most know, My wife is a school teacher and away at work all day, And sometimes I take her 14 year old daughter to the market to buy things for supper that we sometimes fix before my wife is home from work.

I do know that if we are not at our village market,that I get some strange looks at times, I sure wouldn't want some goofball do gooder calling the cops and my ass end up in the can over what appears to be a dirty minded old farang with a young GF.

my ass end up in the can

For doing something as innocuous as shopping with your step daughter don't worry.

For what you are doing to the English language I would lock you up and throw away the key.

By the way what sort off ass do you have is it a male or female?

Can you inform us as to why you want to put it in a can?

Do you mean tin cans so you can market ass meat?

Does your stepdaughter speak this way? I for one sincerely hope not for her sake alone.

how could you call this ###### a gentleman.

It is what I call all men, this way it does not get out of hand and descend into into a slanging match.

It does not really matter what I call him nothing is going to change and I am most certainly not going to get my money back.

I hope this answers your question.

hi'

Couldn't some of our Chiang Mai members do a follow up in Chiang Mai. It isn't making the press nowdays.

how can we possibly do something like an inquiry without feeling that we are a bit concerned about his fate?

for some of us, who had or not met him before all this sh#ts happen, we had very mixed feelings, it's not this easy to think that someone you once appreciate fooled you and your friends, and in reality is a real piece of sh#t.

someone that you would have liked not to meet ever. (sorry my poor english ..see what I mean?)... :D

whatever happens to him, I don't care, deported or jailed here for 20 years, I don't give a sh#t ..., so please don't ask for news from me.

I just want to forget this highly regretable thing.

and I do hope that we will not talk about tonight with Chiang Mai Thaivisa meeting ...

sorry to be a bit rude but this subject just disgusts me!

ENOUGH of this ...

but may be some would like to follow the story ... up to them ... :o

for me it's end of story./

francois

ps; sorry doc ... it's not intended to hurt anyone, just tired of this :D