Y is the Chicago Tribune blocked in T'land?

chingmai331

• 5 months later...

Revival of old/current news blockage on Chicago Tribune.  Now for sure the entire paper is blocked, all refs leading to web site stopped so obviously  the Thai powers are upset but does anyone know the root cause of the situation?

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Revival of old/current news blockage on Chicago Tribune.  Now for sure the entire paper is blocked, all refs leading to web site stopped so obviously  the Thai powers are upset but does anyone know the root cause of the situation?

It is working for me .

On 05/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, chingmai331 said:

Two days now, maybe for a longer time, the Trib has been blocked by Ministry of Digital Economy and Society.  Anyone have any ideas why this is so?

Did it work before for you? Now it does not? The main site, or just a specific link? Are you redirected to a Thai government website/notification? Are other sites similarly blocked for you?

Which ISP? Does this happen with all of your devices? Maybe clear browser cache, check for malware - there's a ton here recently, restart the modem, all devices.

I seem to be able to access the main site, and all stories related to Thailand therein, even potentially negative ones. I'm on AIS Fiber, True Fiber, DTAC 4G, in Bangkok, all work fine.

The Daily Mail is blocked for me, for example, by my ISPs.

Seems my ISP is CAT telecom public ltd, and i am in Chiang Mai.  Now, since i have read all the above conflicting news, i can find some Tribune news when i use the Google Incognito.  But the main TRIB site will not open, only specific pages.

Yeah, blocked by the Govt Digital Media gang, ya' know the guys who work at 

http://103.77.116.101/?v0.42p3

Frankly, i had no idea some providers, like BBB could open pages, where my CAT could not. Sometimes the WWW operates in mysterious ways, eh?

26 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Sometimes the WWW operates in mysterious ways, eh?

Better call it: they can't even properly manage censorship.

They need help from the Chinese on every field. :biggrin:

No "single internet gateway" yet.

Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/) also no problem for me (ToT fibre).

• 3 months later...

Archived