Jomtien Immigration - Earliest Extension Renewal Date

My annual Retirement Extension falls due end of January 2018. Officially the earliest one can renew is 30-days prior to the due date but they have been known to be flexible. What's the earliest that anyone knows for a fact that they have allowed to renew if one shows valid proof of not being available at that time? I plan on being out of Thailand first week of January for at least 6 weeks.

Thanks!

NL

Many offices will process the retirement extension routinely up to 45 days before its expiry. Unless you have a very unfriendly office, visiting them around December 20, with proof of your travel plans, will get their agreement to deal with your extension then.

There are no guarantees as such rules can be flexible. One time when I thought it was 45 days there they said 30 days and that was at the immigration desk, not the intake clerks.

BUT, I think if you have some evidence of needing it early such as a ticket out, there is an excellent chance they'd allow 45 days. You might not even need the evidence, but it's advisable to bring it. 

Edited by Jingthing