Australian media draws connection with Hells Angels arrests and 2015 murder of compatriot

webfact

Australian media draws connection with Hells Angels arrests and 2015 murder of compatriot

HE.jpg

File photo

The Sydney Morning Herald quoting a Thai official has made a connection with the 2015 murder of Australian criminal Wayne Rodney Schneider, then 38, and three men arrested this week in Pattaya.

The Australian media quoted acting tourism chief Surachet Hakpan as saying that the three men - as yet unnamed - were the same group of people involved in the murder and burial of Schneider.

A Canadian Hells Angel member was also arrested along with a cache of guns, knives and two luxury cars.

Schneider - one of the most wanted men in New South Wales - was found dead after being abducted from his rented home in Jomtien on November 30th 2015.

He was found buried some 100 meters off the road in Sattahip. His neck was broken.

Antonio Bagnato - a former associate of Schneider - was sentenced to death for his murder in February of this year.

But police always claimed that three others were involved in the abduction of the victim.

The Sydney Morning Herald said the latest arrested Australians aged 32-42, were taken in on suspicion of extortion, involvement with illicit drugs, human trafficking and money laundering.

An earlier story from the Thai media reported on Thaivisa did not draw a connection to Schneider's death.

Details of Schneider's death from a recently held Sydney inquest told how he was tied to a chair and beaten to death.

Four other men were also arrested this week.

Previous reports suggested that the 2015 murder was connected to conflicts over drugs and may also have involved disputes between the Hells Angels and Comancheros biker gangs in Australia that spilled over to Pattaya.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-07

Thai police arrest Hells Angels gang members

By Suphanida Thakral

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai police have arrested four members of a Hells Angels biker gang accused of drug crimes, violence and posing a threat to society, the Tourist Police said on Thursday.

Three Australians and a Canadian were arrested on Wednesday in Pattaya, a major tourist resort with a reputation as a hub for foreign gangs, drug dealing and the sex industry.

Piyapong Ensarn of the Pattaya Tourist Police told Reuters that two of the accused gang members would be deported and the two others would be charged with drug offences.

"Traces of cocaine were found on them," he said.

Reuters was unable to contact either the accused or their lawyers for comment. Pattaya is 100 km (60 miles) southeast of the Thai capital, Bangkok.

Police said they were still looking for three Australians believed to be members of the gang. A British member of the gang had fled the country before he could be arrested, Piyapong said.

The gang made headlines in 2015 when one of its members was murdered by an Australian man, who was sentenced to death in February for the killing.

(Reporting by Suphanida Thakral; Editing by Matthew Tostevin and Paul Tait)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-12-07

i remember a few months ago the story of biker gangs harassing that Surin bar owner and busting his place up. dozens of TV members came to the bikers defense saying they were "not so bad", they do a lot of good and to stop condemning them.

try to remember that while you are being beaten to death. 

THEY ARE FILTH.

In my home city of Boston (US), every Christmas the various biker gangs would do a big "Toys for Tots" campaign, collecting toys and $$ for hospitalized and disadvantaged kids and then holding a huge bike parade through half the state, ending in Boston  The parade would draw tens of thousands of spectators and the press and local politicians would be gushing all over these "sweet teddy bears" and how good hearted they really were and how unjustified all those awful things law enforcement said about them must be.

Of course, it was all a load of crap, they skimmed thousands of $$ off the top and went right on dealing their drugs and stolen whatever and murdering or beating the crap out of anybody who got in their way.

Gotta give credit though...one of the greatest PR campaigns ever.

'Disguised as tourists': Three Australians arrested in Thailand over 2015 murder

Lucy Cormack

he.jpg

A commemorative stone for Wayne Schneider at "Angels Place" bar and Hells Angels member's only compound in Pattaya. Schneider was a top former member

Three Australian members of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang have been arrested and charged with multiple offences in Thailand, with local authorities alleging their involvement "in the murder and secret burial of an Australian two years ago."

The men, who are yet to be identified, were arrested alongside a Canadian national on Wednesday, in the Thai tourist district of Pattaya. All four men are aged between 32 and 42.

It remains unclear what charges have been laid, however it is said they are related to their alleged involvement in "extortion, money laundering, illicit drugs and human trafficking."

Full story: http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5107750/disguised-as-tourists-three-australians-arrested-in-thailand-over-2015-murder/

-- The Courier 2017-12-08

7 hours ago, dragula said:

You need to know the ex-bar owner, and no longer around. 55555 Filth is all no shirt, flip flop, fat, 7 11 drunks. Running after young boys and girls and lady boys half there age.

Running around after young girls or boys, flip flop fat, 7 11 drunks? No shirt! 

Australian media   !     huh  ....  they are about as truthful as the godfather at a policemans ball.

The australian media has gone down hill just like the rest of the country over the past 10-20 yrs ... but especially the newspapers, you only have to read the headlines to tell you the editors are kids who cannot even spell correctly ... and the articles are written trash.  imo

My job sent me here to work in 1979.  I’ve seen every known

type of human sleaze find Thailand over the last 38 years.

If I was just coming to Thailand for the 1 st time now I doubt I would make the considerable effort to stay here for an extended period of time. Most of the reasons I choose to remain here for so long have all shown up in numbers on Thailand’s shores. With a wife and 2 kids in college here there is no. Going back for anything

but a visit. It is still a great place to live but is dependent on how much you can afford to

insulate yourself from the unsavory douche bags of ones birth country. Nothing stays the same so you learn how to avoid

or minimize your contact with the more negative aspects of change.

2 minutes ago, Mr22Tim said:

My job sent me here to work in 1979.  I’ve seen every known

type of human sleaze find Thailand over the last 38 years.

If I was just coming to Thailand for the 1 st time now I doubt I would make the considerable effort to stay here for an extended period of time. Most of the reasons I choose to remain here for so long have all shown up in numbers on Thailand’s shores. With a wife and 2 kids in college here there is no. Going back for anything

but a visit. It is still a great place to live but is dependent on how much you can afford to

insulate yourself from the unsavory douche bags of ones birth country. Nothing stays the same so you learn how to avoid

or minimize your contact with the more negative aspects of change.

well said! 

Sitting In Bars With Cake: 1 Year Later.

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

Why the sudden successful arrest? Everybody knows this well as it is always involved money changing hands with the ever diligent Thai law enforcers.

The ever present Harley's were not pictured in the photo op were they???   There's your answer.  Harley Davidson souvenirs :wai:

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

Why the sudden successful arrest? Everybody knows this well as it is always involved money changing hands with the ever diligent Thai law enforcers.

Very insightful. TV's Internal Affairs?.... or simply an expulsion from where the sun don't shine?

3 hours ago, dragula said:

The truth!!!!

The truth, much like the Facebook vid, is murky and hard to discern. I could be wrong, but I don’t think anyone knows what your posting about.

And if I am wrong about others.... I still haven’t got a handle on it.

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Any fullly grown adult man who feels the need to join a gang to justify himself is nothing more than a yellow bellied coward. I would also call into question their sexualality, although it appears in macho sheep loving Australia its now the norm to be a homosexual.

It’s not compulsory yet, although with the passing of the SSM legislation who knows?

Just for the record, in relation to loving sheep I think you are getting confused with New Zealand which is a few hours flying time across the Tasman Sea.

( apologies to any Kiwis on this site ! )

2 hours ago, johnhw said:

Very insightful. TV's Internal Affairs?.... or simply an expulsion from where the sun don't shine?

there no post from DSI กรมสอบสวนคดีพิเศษ web site( www.facebook.com/DSI2002/posts/850579808392009) think it just visa stuff.

3 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Any fullly grown adult man who feels the need to join a gang to justify himself is nothing more than a yellow bellied coward. I would also call into question their sexualality, although it appears in macho sheep loving Australia its now the norm to be a homosexual.

You started off well, but it all went down hill after that. 

I think irrelevantly bringing up sexuality and then continuing to discuss it even further with what I assume is a reference to an irrelevant political event happening overseas probably says more about you and what insecurities you have regarding your own sexuality. 'Homosexuality' must be something at the very forefront of your mind considering sexuality has absolutely no relevance to the story and you brought it up for no reason whatsoever in two of your three points.

Also, when did Australia become 'macho sheep loving'? 

This article even made Skynews in the UK

usually the media in the UK

news and paper wise are always looking for negative news concerning Thailand especially Pattaya 

at last something positive but more needs to be done 

its about time the immigration department got a grip on how these people are staying here visa wise and sort it out 

A step in the right direction but more work needed

20 hours ago, dddave said:

In my home city of Boston (US), every Christmas the various biker gangs would do a big "Toys for Tots" campaign, collecting toys and $$ for hospitalized and disadvantaged kids and then holding a huge bike parade through half the state, ending in Boston  The parade would draw tens of thousands of spectators and the press and local politicians would be gushing all over these "sweet teddy bears" and how good hearted they really were and how unjustified all those awful things law enforcement said about them must be.

Of course, it was all a load of crap, they skimmed thousands of $$ off the top and went right on dealing their drugs and stolen whatever and murdering or beating the crap out of anybody who got in their way.

Gotta give credit though...one of the greatest PR campaigns ever.

I'm a biker that does the annual xmas toy run .... there is a big difference between bikers and outlaw bikie gangs ... learn to differentiate ... a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

12 hours ago, Fireyfish said:

I'm a biker that does the annual xmas toy run .... there is a big difference between bikers and outlaw bikie gangs ... learn to differentiate ... a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Yeah I was once hemmed in by a "biker" group on their rice rockets and in their shiny plastic playsuits just because I needed to make a right turn and found an opening in their 50-bike roadway circle-jerk.  They immediately stopped & swarmed me; I couldn't even open my car door.   (It was a big intersection and everyone started beeping their horns, so the morons finally scampered off.)  

HA cretins will occasionally show up to bleat their great humanitarianism, yet we all know they're a thug scourge overdue for eradication (or maybe we could just export them all to N. Korea and let them make the dear leader their thug-in-chief).   But I don't have any use for the biker "groups" who think they own the road either.  It's the same juvenile need to belong and gang mentality, just without the black leather fashion sense. 

On 8/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, wvavin said:

Might have something to do with the coroner's inquiry in Australia and aussie investigators findings that contradicted the Thai findings that only one person was involved.

On 07.12.2017 at 2:44 PM, NCC1701A said:

i remember a few months ago the story of biker gangs harassing that Surin bar owner and busting his place up. dozens of TV members came to the bikers defense saying they were "not so bad", they do a lot of good and to stop condemning them.

try to remember that while you are being beaten to death. 

THEY ARE FILTH.

Yeah, man. I was also saddened and angered by the no. of people coming to the defense of those guys in that thread.

Archived