Pain Killer shot for sprain ankle

Davai

Hello everyone 

I'm in deep pain now with sprain ankle and it's swelling,  I get this sprain regularly. 

Early this year I had a swelling and painful spraint ankle I was sent to the ER 

At the hospital the doctor took xray and etc,  she didn't gave me a pain killer shot on my butt 

Surprisingly the pain went away after 15 mins and I am back walking like normal 

I read the shot description there is a steroid in in but I forgot what is the name can't remember it 

Can anyone recomend a pain killer which I can get over the counter in Thailand pharmacy?  I prefer a pain killer jab if possible 

Thank u 

See the MD at the clinic....really over the counter is not the best way.  There are many analgesics, non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication to choose from with professional referral.   There is the old fashion, ice.. See the MD at the clinic the best place... 

Good luck.

It is not normal to have recurrent sprains, and it sounds like this current one is a self-diagnosis, so it could be something else.  Agree, you should see a doctor.

If it is a sprain the best approach for pain, in addition to rest, ice and compression, would be an NSAID (assuming no contraindicatioins - be sure to take with food). Ibuprofen and the like, readily available without prescription in any pharmacy.

Had an xray few month ago doctor said there is an extra small bones on my ankle that triggers it to cut my muscles that's why I'm getting Spain ankle all the time,  they give me an option either to operate the bone or let it heal by it self 

For this time I took the traditional way of pressing ice cold pack on it and also turmeric powder with lemon made it into paste and it works 

I then took panadol and ibuprofen after 3 days I am able to walk and only slight pain 

I'm now in recovery mode :)

Archived