BX website playing up again

jesimps

A few times yesterday and again this morning it was saying that it was unavailable. Now, a homescreen comes up but it's obviously not 100%. Are the rest of the Thai exchanges struggling with the recent increase in volume? I'm starting to become a bit concerned in case there's a big fall in the price and I can't get in to place a buy order.

29 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Their web site says:

>Unfortunately there was a technical issue with the upgrade this morning and we will need to fix it; this may take several hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bloddy marvelous if BTC crashes - absolutely no warning from BX for this either? Cowboys?

They say on twitter: too heavy traffic, server overload. This is now probably not only happening in Thailand right now. Look what's happening right now with Bitcoin, looks like it started a free fall. A 08:45 Thai local time it stood at $18'328.90, now it is at $16'669.10. A decline of about 10%.

Update: nobody at Bitcoin Thailand is answering phone calls, and this on 2 phone numbers. I hope they're not going to run with our money, I have quite a lot there.

8 minutes ago, Dario said:

Latest tweet from Bitcoin Thailand:

bxinth tweet 081217 1057.PNG

bxinth tweet 081217 1057.PNG

Sounds better ... But: I'm going to miss thousands of Baht of profit as BCH is coming back down!

Yes, I read that BX blx too. I'm currently in the process of registering with Coins.co.th, though lots of hoops to jump through before I can start trading.

I too hope BX doesn't do a runner, I was going to transfer my BTC to an online wallet this morning because yesterdays blx put the wind up me.

28 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

In meantime BTCUSD has dropped 1500.

What? AT the time I write this, BTC has dropped $2'800.00, not $1'500. Website is again offline now.

I know it's hard to keep up. Those who have their money in BTC, must have the jitters. Luckily, for this time I was in BCH. 

36 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

In meantime BTCUSD has dropped 1500.

This stinks to high heaven. The first major pullback in a long time and the exchange crashes just before it happens. 

I'm pished with them with my meagre portfolio, I can't imagine how the high rollers are feeling right now. This is a mega money making opportunity.

If I were the CEO and his cronies, I'd be looking over my shoulder each time I stepped out of the office for two guys on a motorbike.

It's absolutely a crazy situation today! I still managed to make a 10% net profit (although I could have made 30% without bxinth's website closed for 2 hours). But I watched how people are buying in a frenzy now. As BTC is trying to return to the sky, I saw the buying price going up from 460'000 Baht to 589'000 Baht again, just in a matter of minutes. Surely, the whales are making big money.

6 hours ago, Dario said:

It's absolutely a crazy situation today! I still managed to make a 10% net profit (although I could have made 30% without bxinth's website closed for 2 hours). But I watched how people are buying in a frenzy now. As BTC is trying to return to the sky, I saw the buying price going up from 460'000 Baht to 589'000 Baht again, just in a matter of minutes. Surely, the whales are making big money.

They are now that they can get onto the exchange. Yesterday I was on a forum watching the Indians whinging about their exchanges crashing. I thought "That must be a pain in the aris, at least BX is on the ball".

For me, today's episode wasn't so much a worry about the trading side, it was wondering if the site was ever going to come back again. 

Couple of good things did come out of it though, I registered with Coins co Thailand, also with Bitstamp in Luxembourg and when the site finally came back, transferred all my BTC to my Electrum wallet. 

Archived