Aussie gangster on death row in Thailand planned to open secret underground fight club in Pattaya

webfact

Aussie gangster on death row in Thailand planned to open secret underground fight club in Pattaya

ab.jpg

File photo: Antonio Bagnato

An Australian man convicted of murdering a Hells Angel gang member was set to open a secretive underground fight club in Pattaya.

Antonio Bagnato, who was given the death sentence by Pattaya Court after being found guilty the murder of Wayne Schneider in resort town in 2015 was set to open an overseas chapter of the secretive St Michael’s Fight Club, which originates from Sydney and reportedly has longstanding links to criminals and organised crime.

At an inquest into the death of Schneider, Bagnato was this week described as the ‘pin up boy’ for the fight club.

According to the Daily Telegraph, a number of Bagnato’s associates have revealed he planed to set up an overseas branch of the club in Thailand.

Witness Douglas Shoebridge told the Telegraph how he was contacted via Facebook and warned not to talk about the club in Thailand.

“I was advised don’t speak about St Michael’ Fight Club being in Thailand — if you do harm will come to your family and your children.

“My understanding of the club that it was just a fight club, with fighters and people who work out in gyms.

“I didn’t think anything sinister but later found out after Schneider’s murder it was um not only a fight club, it was involved in other things, underworld figures and drugs and stuff like that.’’

In February, Bagnato, 28 was handed the death sentence for the murder of Wayne Schneider, 37, and is currently being held in Bangkwang Prison, known as the Bangkok Hilton.

Police say that Bagnato was the ringleader of a group of men who kidnapped Schneider from his villa in the Pratumnak area of Pattaya in November 2015.

Earlier this week, an inquest held in Sydney heard how Schneider died after suffering a blunt force injury to the head.

The inquest revealed how Schneider was tied to chair and assaulted with a metal baton and knuckle dusters.

His naked body was found two days later in a shallow grave in Sattahip province.

Schneider, who was once a ‘most wanted’ criminal in New South Wales, had been described as one of Australia biggest importers of illegal drugs.

The news comes after Tourist Police this week announced the arrest of three Australians and a Canadian who were members of the Hells Angels biker gangs and who police said had links to the murder of Wayne Schneider.

Piyapong Ensarn of the Pattaya Tourist Police said a British member of the gang had already fled the country but that officers were searching for three other Australians who were believed to be hiding in Bangkok.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-08

17 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Dumb scum low life, hopefully he gets as much fightclub as he wants in jail. Hopefully when he gets out he gets deported back to the country of his name origin.

When he gets out?? Umm, gonna take a pretty fair sized envelope, ya think?

11 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Dumb scum low life, hopefully he gets as much fightclub as he wants in jail. Hopefully when he gets out he gets deported back to the country of his name origin.

Lol.... he got a death sentence.... hopefully he won’t get deported anywhere

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Chances of him actually getting the sentence commuted and then getting sentance reductions are probably higher than getting executed. However I take your point

Ah.... argh.... now you made me look!

the last Aussie sentenced to death, received the royal pardon and only served 11 years ( female/drugs... but in the less tolerant 80’s)

this bloke could well be back on the streets before he’s 40

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Full of dancing Russian girls pandering to rich Asian men.  I am sure their work permits have been fully ratified by Pattaya police.

Their permits are not the only thing that got ratified. 

Archived