Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Pattaya booming!: European tourist arrivals "up 10%" - 'FIT' tourists up 30%

Recommended Posts

The increase is actually upcountry bag snatchers coming in droves to Pattaya in anticipation of the projected tourist arrivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I will believe it when those who live here say so, not the J boys or liars, the real guys who have nothing to loose by telling the truth.

 

The sad thing is its 17 days to the Christmas Holidays in Europe right now, so no one leaves early at this time of year, The Christmas rush has not started yet so the 10% up on European arrivals is a bloody lie sunshine.

Actually before I retired this was exactly the time I came to Thailand for my holidays. Factories close over the Christmas break, people save their holidays and add two or three weeks on, cheap flights also. My long time friend has just arrived in Thailand will be meeting up with him in 10 days time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Now I know why Hua Hin is dead......They all went to Pattaya...

Hua Hin is not "dead". Try and get a hotel room at some of the popular resorts and you are out of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

'FIT' tourists up 30%

Ah . . . I guess by 'FIT' he means the non-smoking tourists and let's face it, they are fitter. Strange that he didn't mention the likely 50% downturn in the unfit tourists who'll be smokin' their heads off in Tenerife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Here we go again.  Sounds like the minister of sports and tourism has changed but nothing else.  Meanwhile in Cambodia and Vietnam......???????

 

Lack of detail in Thai stats leads to disbelief. The Viets do it right. In Vietnam, tourist arrivals are soaring, year over year and month over month. First 11 months, up 28%. Lots of Chinese and Koreans but the numbers are up double digits for Europeans and North Americans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang on ... !!    but the TV nayers keep saying everyone is leaving and it's going down the drain ...

just goes to show they know sweet far kall ... 

 

Go Thailand  !!   Go Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha   !!     We love Thailand  :partytime2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

 

Lack of detail in Thai stats leads to disbelief. The Viets do it right. In Vietnam, tourist arrivals are soaring, year over year and month over month. First 11 months, up 28%. Lots of Chinese and Koreans but the numbers are up double digits for Europeans and North Americans. 

Yes exactly.  If I was not married to a Thai who owned her own land........   BTW, if you look hard enough even the pictures can nearly looks like the same person. Re: Vietnam..... probably full of 65 y.o. Americans looking to see if any 35 to 40 year old part Vietnamese look like them.  555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rtco said:

I live in Pattaya and am a frequent visitor to some of the bars and pubs etc. Apart from the odd few these places a devoid of customers some are even empty and that is even in the supposed high-season. Pattaya is dying as a tourist destination and nothing TAT do or say is going to stop the process.

 

You can rest assured it will be the worst high season ever. The Golden Egg Layers (the only tourists) have all fled to Cambodia or whatever paradise-of-the-week. In a few short years, Pattaya will be merely bleached ruins and all the Thais now working here will be working in rice fields. Heh heh. And you know exactly why. We have lists of evils.

 

TAT: TVF has been pronouncing Pattaya dead at least twice a year, once for low season, once for high, for at least a decade. You must awfully new here never to have heard of the Pattaya Perpetual Death Spiral. The phenomenon was first noted in the Pattaya Mail around 1997, but commentary reached full fruition here in the forum.

 

2007: Pattaya's Dead

2008: Is Pattaya Dead Right Now?

 

Waiting for this year's high season Death thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Hang on ... !!    but the TV nayers keep saying everyone is leaving and it's going down the drain ...

just goes to show they know sweet far kall ... 

 

Go Thailand  !!   Go Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha   !!     We love Thailand  :partytime2:

Steven, we are all so pleased that you believe all the statistics and  promises this Government comes up with.  When is the next Election by the way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I will believe it when those who live here say so, not the J boys or liars, the real guys who have nothing to loose by telling the truth.

1

 

But you didn't disbelieve this part: Ekasit accepted that the Chinese group tour market was still the biggest thing for Pattaya tourism. So looks like you'll just selectively believe what feels good.Expats who live here, BTW, are notoriously near-sighted, can't even see anyone in the malls.

 

Quote

The sad thing is its 17 days to the Christmas Holidays in Europe right now, so no one leaves early at this time of year, The Christmas rush has not started yet so the 10% up on European arrivals is a bloody lie sunshine.

 

 

Actually some do leave early, as Expat68 verifies for us. Did you have something to "loose" by telling the truth sunshine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

 

You can rest assured it will be the worst high season ever. The Golden Egg Layers (the only tourists) have all fled to Cambodia or whatever paradise-of-the-week. In a few short years, Pattaya will be merely bleached ruins and all the Thais now working here will be working in rice fields. Heh heh. And you know exactly why. We have lists of evils.

 

TAT: TVF has been pronouncing Pattaya dead at least twice a year, once for low season, once for high, for at least a decade. You must awfully new here never to have heard of the Pattaya Perpetual Death Spiral. The phenomenon was first noted in the Pattaya Mail around 1997, but commentary reached full fruition here in the forum.

 

2007: Pattaya's Dead

2008: Is Pattaya Dead Right Now?

 

Waiting for this year's high season Death thread.

Class. Far too intelligent for this forum. I'm amazed you have lasted so long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Steven, we are all so pleased that you believe all the statistics and  promises this Government comes up with.  When is the next Election by the way?

I don't always believe all the figures this government puts out but I am sure Thailand is not going down the drain as some nayers on here would have us believe. As for the next election... I would not haz a guess, but I expect 2019 possibly,  but that depends on alot of things, security is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Steven, we are all so pleased that you believe all the statistics and  promises this Government comes up with.  When is the next Election by the way?

 

But you've conveniently ignored the stats from other sources. U jes' ain't gon' bleve nothin', r u? Heh.

 

Asia Pacific Top 20 Destinations by International Overnight Arrivals (millions):

 

Bangkok 19.3 
Singapore 14.1 
Tokyo 12.6 
Seoul 12.4 
Kuala Lumpur 11.3 
Phuket 9.1
Hong Kong 8.9 
Pattaya 8.1

          --The world's most visited destinations 2017: Mastercard release Asia Pacific Destination Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...