Video: Controversial "net idol" dragged to the cells after E-Cigarette found in her car

webfact

23 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Just so you all know:
The fine for being caught with an  e-cig is 100,000 baht and/or 1 year in jail max. 

I'd advise if you are going to use these things that you do so at home and never in public. We are living in a police state so don't forget it. 

Whether one lives in a "police state", or in a western democratic one, an offence is an offence and breaking the laws in any country carries a sanction, i.e. punishment. The same goes for the US, UK and other countries.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

Whether one lives in a "police state", or in a western democratic one, an offence is an offence and breaking the laws in any country carries a sanction, i.e. punishment. The same goes for the US, UK and other countries.

Laws are changed by people breaking them. The UK wouldn't have the democracy, as we now know it, if it wasn't for some very brave people who challenged many very poor and unjust laws after WW1.

As a matter of interest all London Black Cabs are required to carry a shovel and bucket to clean up the horse poo poo..

On 11/12/2017 at 3:43 PM, grumbleweed said:

I bet you're a right bundle of laughs at parties.

Only educated people would understand that outcry over such ridiculous laws are one of the reasons they get changed. And let's not even get started on the reason why they're illegal

Higher rates of smoking is closely associated with low education and income in western countries, and only a true ignoramus would travel to Thailand  smuggling and smoking eCigs and vape. I only go to parties associated with my tennis centre. I don't like to brag but most are highly educated and nobody smokes or wants to be assaulted by public smoking, except the spouses of certain female members.  The polite word would be working class but these gents don't do much work. Think of a failed musician with a University Professor "sugar momma".

11 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Higher rates of smoking is closely associated with low education and income in western countries, and only a true ignoramus would travel to Thailand  smuggling and smoking eCigs and vape. I only go to parties associated with my tennis centre. I don't like to brag but most are highly educated and nobody smokes or wants to be assaulted by public smoking, except the spouses of certain female members.  The polite word would be working class but these gents don't do much work. Think of a failed musician with a University Professor "sugar momma".

You seem to have confused 'smoking' with 'vaping'. You're the ignoramus (and a massive snob).

I'll take snobbery as a compliment but I had responded to somebody who stated there would be outrage in the UK if an Englishman was dragged off for vaping. There should be no outrage, it has already been made clear in the media and by Foreign Office announcement  it is illegal.

Same for this Thai net idol. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time". 

30 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Theres no way you are a full deck.

I don't understand why many of you defend this woman. She was drunk and a danger behind the wheels of a car.
The police did the right thing, e-cigarettes or not. I'm happy they have increased the number of police on the roads, I see check points every day now and if you have a valid license and are sober you got nothing to fear.

3 hours ago, balo said:

I don't understand why many of you defend this woman. She was drunk and a danger behind the wheels of a car.
The police did the right thing, e-cigarettes or not. I'm happy they have increased the number of police on the roads, I see check points every day now and if you have a valid license and are sober you got nothing to fear.

"I see check points every day now" 

Yes, Xmas is fast approaching!

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

"I see check points every day now" 

Yes, Xmas is fast approaching!

My understand of article was she was arrested for E.Cigarette 

And not for Being Drunk 

If infact she wasDrunk then headline should have been women arrested for Driving under influence of Alcohol and not Women Arrested for E-Cigarette 

15 minutes ago, WHYWHY said:

And not for Being Drunk 

If infact she wasDrunk then headline should have been women arrested for Driving under influence of Alcohol and not Women Arrested for E-Cigarette 

My point was that there are more check points now that Xmas is approaching, and consequently, the present buying will have to commence shortly!

But sarcasm apart, to keep on topic, the way I read it is that she wasn't tested for drunken driving, just one line in the report says "Siam News reported that the net idol also appeared to be drunk." I would suggest that she was probably "on drugs", so one way to apprehend her  without having to let her drive away, and then stop and test her, (which could have been a bit of a circus, and dangerous for anyone in the immediate vicinity!) was to arrest her for possession of an E-cigarette and associated paraphernalia, which is against the law, and she admitted to, and then started screaming when she realised that she was going to be locked up. Maybe thought she was an "Untouchable"? 

3 hours ago, balo said:

Where does it say she was drunk?

There was no mention of it at all in the article , apart from "Siam News reported that the net idol also appeared to be drunk."

On 12/11/2017 at 1:51 PM, owl sees all said:

Thailand is not a place for e-fags or mooning or picking wild mushrooms.

I am a fisherman and I think this is a mix of fishing on the internet and the word 'net'. Fishing not for fish obviously but to catch people in order to get a good following.

Owl, many thanks for this but I am none the wiser. Why does an individual wish to generate a good following? Rhetorical question, no response necessary. I will remain a dinosaur, thanks.

22 minutes ago, glasswort said:

Owl, many thanks for this but I am none the wiser. Why does an individual wish to generate a good following? Rhetorical question, no response necessary. I will remain a dinosaur, thanks.

Hi gw. It's a bit like some of the posters on TVForum. They take pride in getting likes. Everyone likes to be liked for something or other I suppose.

This lady/ladyboy (not sure) has a following that can also earn some dosh with people clicking on adverts that are on her/his web site because of the amount of hits (people clicking on the site).

The fishing is tempting a new recruit; a bit like putting a worm on the hook and tempting a fish to bite. She/he does a little titillating and gets followers. Young people like to belong in a group and this is the way for many.

The cops saw .."a suspicious looking Mitsubishi car approaching"....

"Hey Sarge that Mitsi looks suspicious"

"What do you mean corporal?"

"It's wearing dark sunglasses and a grey overcoat Sarge"

"Ok corporal go ahead and arrest it"

On 12/12/2017 at 6:35 PM, WHYWHY said:

And not for Being Drunk 

Would anyone bother reading an article headed with “Woman arrested for driving under the influence”?  Thai reporting always seems to sensationalise anything it possible can.

Archived