Video: Controversial "net idol" dragged to the cells after E-Cigarette found in her car

webfact

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Why should there be any reaction but to condemn such morons and  idiots what would openly flaunt Thai law? The UK Foreign office has issued advisories to travelers to leave there ecigs and vape gear at home. Now warning is played on the arrival customs and immigration Video on all TG flights now. 

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. 

https://www.travelwires.com/travel-warning-e-cigarettes-are-illegal-in-thailand-686

I bet you're a right bundle of laughs at parties.

Only educated people would understand that outcry over such ridiculous laws are one of the reasons they get changed. And let's not even get started on the reason why they're illegal

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the arrest of the person, the fact is that it is illegal to smoke or carry E Cigarettes and fluid and is considered an offence under the laws of Thailand. An offence carries a punishment and we al have to accept it. If we, as foreigners, as guests, do not like it, we shouldn't live here or even visit Thailand. I know quite a few people (including me) who wouldn't live in, or visit countries where the consumption of alcohol is an offence. All I am trying to say is that people should accept the fact that breaking laws, whether one agrees or disagrees to such laws, is a punishable offence.

Just so you all know:
The fine for being caught with an  e-cig is 100,000 baht and/or 1 year in jail max. 

I'd advise if you are going to use these things that you do so at home and never in public. We are living in a police state so don't forget it. 

B.S. interpretation of a law not meant for this use.

There's so many of these loosely worded laws now that practically anything and everything could get you arrested.

No new laws are being passed, just bending old inappropriate laws to suit the current government's needs.

Using these laws as a threat just leads to more money in police pockets

Almost makes me want to buy a crypto kittie for the "low hassle friend" factor, but...

They make a law, to make something illegal, then they come to take you away for offending their law.  Hmmm.

Stone her!  Two large rocks and a bag of gravel please....no wait, maybe she's stoned already.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Cops led by Chainarong Chai-in had set up the checkpoint to guard against crime and illegal activity when they saw a suspicious Mitsubishi car approaching.........................

Siam News reported that the net idol also appeared to be drunk.

When I read that OP I can only imagine that the above two sentences from it are related. Can't see a normal E-Cig making the car appear suspicious, but possibly a bit of erratic driving while under the influence?

IMO the E-Cig may have been part of the problem, but not the main one that took her to the station.

Calling false reporting/false title on this one..........................:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Can you imagine what the reaction will be if a video like this appears in the UK of an English person being dragged away for something as pathetically minor as an e-cigarette? If they think tourist numbers are low now, that should totally sink it. Morons.

Not the only morons, it would appear. At least 21 countries ban e-cigarettes/vaping outright (others have restrictions). The only country in Europe that has a full ban is Austria.

The problem appears to be that in many/most countries nicotine is listed as a poison (it is a poison especially to people who have never inbibed, as those who have taken in too much nicotine at their first try will attest - regular smokers have just become accustomed to it). It is allowed in cigarettes because they have been around since before the poison legislation and are legislated for separately anyway. But bringing in a new product that carries the same poison, albeit via a safer delivery system, means that you have to introduce a law that allows the introduction of a new poisonous product.

Of course, countries can bring in separate legislation to allow e-cigarettes, as many have done, but if there is any whisper of a movement against it, it will never happen. Some of these whispers are just conservative (with a small "c" who do not want changes made that make nicotine available in any new form), religious (even though many believers do smoke tobacco, they don't want a new fashionable and safer version) or fiscal (cigarettes = big revenue for government).

In the meantime we have a major public health issue, cigarette smoking, which could be ameliorated by nicotine substitutes. Yes, nicotine substitutes are available in the Kingdom in the form of nicotine gum from a pharmacy but because it takes too long to ease the craving, many fall off the wagon while on gum. The beauty of the vape is that you can take a hit and deal with the craving there and then. By not lighting up a cigarette which you will want to finish, with care and attention you end up ingesting less nicotine per day until you can start trying to go without.

hd-map-restricted-and-banned-vape-areas.jpg

All this happened because this net idol did not have the backing of some influential and powerful shadows, or belonged to one of the few super-rich and powerful families. Else, she could've committed worse crimes and still walk free.

Thrown in the cell for e-cig... how stupid. So many things to fix and they have their panties in knots over some e-cigs.

38 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

I'd advise if you are going to use these things that you do so at home and never in public. We are living in a police state so don't forget it. 

Thailand is not a place for e-fags or mooning or picking wild mushrooms.

23 minutes ago, glasswort said:

Perhaps someone would explain for the benefit a dinosaur what a net idol is or does.  If good looks are a prerequisite for being such a thing; then hmmmmm?

I am a fisherman and I think this is a mix of fishing on the internet and the word 'net'. Fishing not for fish obviously but to catch people in order to get a good following.

"Cops led by Chainarong Chai-in had set up the checkpoint to guard against crime and illegal activity when they saw a suspicious Mitsubishi car approaching".

Well done,  yes Mitsubishi cars are suspicious, only this very name is suspicious :whistling:Pffffff

Sad comment on the leaders of Thailand that they insist on ignoring science. And instead act like thugs. I don't smoke but do read the science, all says ecigs are saFer than any other forms.  

Brute men, several, must think they are cool to assault and abuse a young woman, to show their "manliness". That hurts the image of Thailand to the world

I suspect what the news piece entirely skirts around, is that the contents of the vaping liquid was probably not essence of strawberry, peach or other some such thing.

Yes I'm being presumptuous, but only because I'm good at it :) 

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Thailand is not a place for e-fags or mooning or picking wild mushrooms.

I am a fisherman and I think this is a mix of fishing on the internet and the word 'net'. Fishing not for fish obviously but to catch people in order to get a good following.

Good point. I know there are bloggers and 'net idols' (I don't particularly agree with this term, but let's get on with it) who court controversy just to increase their number of followers. The more followers they have, the more money they can ask from businesses who want to be mentioned in their blogs/websites/Instagram feed etc. If your speculation is correct, then perhaps the brown clowns are in the act too i.e. they are paid to 'arrest' her and throw her in the cell. Once the camera is off, everyone is everyone's buddy.

Archived