POTY -- 2017 -- Poll 1

Scott

Select your choice for POTY  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

How many members on ThaiVisa ? A few thousands?

and 42 voters for the first vote of THE poster of the year.

I will allow myself a not very polite comment, an almost rude one... I reckon  : :cheesy:

Yeah but but but but POTY is a "special" contest only for "special" people.

It's where the TV elite meet to excrete.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Where is Ubon Joe? By far the most knowledgeable and helpful member.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Clever comment :clap2:I would have voted for him no doubt about it, but being a mod he cannot participate,

maybe one-day an honorary award for all his posts, like  the Academy Honorary Haward for the movies :smile:

30 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I will be one who won't be voteing, simply because I wouldn't know the names of the posters who's posts I like or dislike. I read all the "Featured" ones so to me it is irrelevant who the posters are, I never look...only the content matters to me.

There is another reason I never check to see the name of posters, I could possibly do myself a dis-service......I have read some very helpfull and informative posts on here....and I have also read some very immature, name calling, childish dribble on here. If I were to look up who wrote the latter I might overlook all his posts and if by some miracle he happened to post something intellegent and helpfull I might miss it......therefore denying myself an opportunity to learn something.

In other words, you're a fairweather member.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

So what's been happening here...?

I have a hangover....My Auzzy chum returned to LOS yesterday and so we indulged in a bit of....smiley-drinking-beer.gif.45c0a08950cac329f80a4a5ea8821362.gif

Now going out for our daughters birthday....Recovering maybe a ploblem....sad-face.gif.ddf1e71b91670633f9356c8a6d9c47c2.gif

Best cure for a hangover is more of the same!!

38 minutes ago, transam said:

So what's been happening here...?

I have a hangover....My Auzzy chum returned to LOS yesterday and so we indulged in a bit of....smiley-drinking-beer.gif.45c0a08950cac329f80a4a5ea8821362.gif

Now going out for our daughters birthday....Recovering maybe a ploblem....sad-face.gif.ddf1e71b91670633f9356c8a6d9c47c2.gif

Alcoholism is a disease. Please, seek help.

Vote baboon - he cares.

Thought I would publish some results, I will put this in both poll threads

Poll#1  is running a good race with colinneil just ahead of the Transam by a bumper. Craig is keeping pace and waiting for his chance to pounce. The rest of the field is having a little trouble at the gate.

Colinneil  22.64%

Transam 20.75%

Craigt3365 13.21%

Poll#2 is a bit of a runaway for Dave2

JAG, and Baboon, are leading the chase group, With iclaudius, darksidedog, and evenstevens close behind. The rest of the field is a walkathon

Dave2  39.68%

JAG  7.94%

Baboon 7.94%

Iclaudius 6.35%

Darksidedog 6.35%

Evenstevens 6.35%

Edited by canuckamuck

8 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

How many members on ThaiVisa ? A few thousands?

and 42 voters for the first vote of THE poster of the year.

I will allow myself a not very polite comment, an almost rude one... I reckon  : :cheesy:

One is left to wonder if this years POTY race is not enjoying the full support of the Forum's owners.  No deadlines posted either for the nomination process or this runoff process. Only two brackets. Two threads. It's kinda weird.

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

One is left to wonder if this years POTY race is not enjoying the full support of the Forum's owners.  No deadlines posted either for the nomination process or this runoff process. Only two brackets. Two threads. It's kinda weird.

We will post a deadline a little later.   How does the Dec. 18th sound for the final round?

The two threads are weird, but there is a limited number of names which can be in a poll and the new format didn't permit two sections in one poll.   We were trying to get that changed, but couldn't.  

There are a few other technical issues to deal with as well, but rest assured, we are taking it seriously, although this poll is for the members, not the forum owners, admin or moderators.