Advance New Year party at car part factory leaves nearly a dozen injured

webfact

Advance New Year party at car part factory leaves nearly a dozen injured

By Thai PBS

1112001melee.jpg

About a dozen of factory workers were injured after a melee broke out at an advance New Year party which an auto sparepart factory held for employees at a resort hotel in Nakhon Nayok province last night (Dec 10).

The advance party was held at the resort for workers of the company’s production line in Ayutthaya and Sing Buri provinces.

About 200 workers attended the party, police said.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/advance-new-year-party-car-part-factory-leaves-nearly-dozen-injured/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-11

We have these reports every year. I am sure there will be more before the festive season finishes. Free booze, high spirits, possible drugs, jealousy, relationship shenanigans is a recipe for excitement. 

I seem to remember previous years that normally some of the parties end with shoot outs and deaths, so this one seems relatively tame with only a dozen injuries.

'later gunshots were fired'

I get how a fight might occur with drunken colleagues - what I don't get is why people have felt the need to have guns. Sure, might be in the car anyway, but it says a lot about the mentality of a person who feels the need to shoot off a gun at a work party. Nothing to do with hating your colleagues. Purely pent up aggression that's dying to be released. Scary. 

20 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

'later gunshots were fired'

I get how a fight might occur with drunken colleagues - what I don't get is why people have felt the need to have guns. Sure, might be in the car anyway, but it says a lot about the mentality of a person who feels the need to shoot off a gun at a work party. Nothing to do with hating your colleagues. Purely pent up aggression that's dying to be released. Scary. 

Are we surprised, when almost from birth every Thai has to know their place in society and bow to their supposed 'betters'. Like Europe was centuries ago. These were factory workers, perceived as close to the bottom of the social ladder so they have probably been abused more than most. No wonder they are ready to explode. It's a great pity they don't explode against those who abuse them.

I am forever being warned (by Thais) to stay clear of any Thai on Thai "celebration".

I wouldn't be a chosen or preferred target........... it's the crossfire.

Alarmingly there is to be one in the "compound" over New Year.

A 21 year old is off to do their "Saffron Duty" at the temple.

Archived