Net Idol arrested for e-cigarette faces 5 years saying police treatment "over the top"

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Everyone must know the law

Except the police.  I was in Kiss Kool last night and two young cops rolled up on a big bike in uniform.  They took money from the lady manager for her playing music from YouTube.  It is a regular monthly payment.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the way juntas go starts all ok with a clear out then comes the quirks and the pecking away of freedom to stamp the authority with increasingly bizarre adjustments but in the internet age this is not working so good and lines in the sand get drawn with some prime examples one being riding in the back of a pick up.

Just keep calm and carry on COVERTLY vaping and hope for an election.  

4 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

They lost the plot.

Hard drugs are not penalised that hard, oh hold on a minute, a good little earner for everyone sooo.

Not worry there are in many countries situations like this.

She just tapped in to the wrong sections and wrong chapters and wrong books of the law and this is beside that those celabs think the are above and beyond the law.

She know it and got caught. 

It is my belief that this is a propaganda article designed to place fear in the E-cig community. They think the public is stupid enough to believe that an e-cig smokers will be put in jail for 5 years (bulls***) to be told something is not legal does not make it so. FAKE NEWS

4 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

Here we go again, bring the popcorn  :partytime2:   I can't see the case here, really.

The socalled internet celeb broke the law and got caught. Then she refused to follow orders from the police, so she needed some help - no wrongdoing from RTP at all in my opinion.

The poor "celeb" was probably drugged up on meth as well, and that could explain her behaviour

I was with you until you libeled her by accusing her of being, "drugged up on meth."  I suggest her behavior may be that of a scared young lady realizing she was heading to jail for such an offense.

One word.... REDICULOUS!!!

let off a firearm in the street and get let off with a warning (because it didn't hit anyone)

or intimidate someone with a machete 500 baht fine

possess an E-cigarette and get 5 years..

what a crazy country

5 hours ago, webfact said:

It would be pointless to claim that you did not know the law as a defense. Everyone must know the law...

Going by this assumption, if the traffic police of Thailand were to do their jobs and apply this, there would be no more death on Thai roads as 3/4 of Thai drivers would have their drivers licenses suspended and/or be in jail already.

Stupid behaviour by a stupid woman who thought she was above the law. Like it or not e cigs are illegal here. Most people know that. Police were well within their rights to drag here to a cell. In fact I thought they were quite restrained. In some countries much more force would have been used.

8 minutes ago, ezflip said:

Going by this assumption, if the traffic police of Thailand were to do their jobs and apply this, there would be no more death on Thai roads as 3/4 of Thai drivers would have their drivers licenses suspended and/or be in jail already.

Lol there for sale right in front of TESCO ON NUT in big shop full of stuff. Pattaya police targeted hard Setup by some ugly Cops lol. Corruption 

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Bit jealous there?

Why should people be jailed for becoming famous on the internet?

You are getting famous here on TVF also, only for the wrong reasons. Time to hand yourself over to the police for some time in jail?

Because an idol usually has something called a talent. Showing body parts on your social media accounts, is not something I would call an idol. That´s just plain stupidity.
Myself, by the way, ain´t trying to be anybodys idol or famous at all. Why you are stating a comment about that, must just be poor self confidence and a self composed opinion.

4 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

Yup, they are illegal. And so is prostitution as well...  :shock1:

Only if it is done "impolitely":

"Sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for money or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not." However, a clear definition of the phrase "in a promiscuous manner" is not provided.[25]

Under the act, persons who solicit sex "in an open and shameless manner" (a phrase that is not clearly defined), or who are "causing nuisance to the public" are subject to a fine of no more than 1,000 baht,"

Which is why it endures and flourishes.

Fill yer boots lads.......but out of sight and "nicely".

I say once again: Complete idiots are running this country.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But a top lawyer said that she could still face 5 years in jail and a fine of four times the value of the vaping equipment and fluid that was found hidden in the console of her car.

Insane. Hidden in the console. I never knew that car consoles were for hiding things. Stupid, stupid, stupid people.

2 hours ago, irwinfc said:

last i checked, attempting to kill someone on thailand was also illegal. but it almost always costs a mere 500 baht fine with a "no harm no foul" send off by the police. 10 years and 500k for e-cigs? if memory serves from the DLT seminar to renew a license,  the penalty for a drunk driver who kills someone on the road  is 10 years imprisonment and 200k. life can be really cheap sometimes.

it seems almost as of current regime is only catering to the needs of their corporate elite puppet masters. aka the bangkok elite.

threaten the tobacco industry you shall not.

6 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

Here we go again, bring the popcorn  :partytime2:   I can't see the case here, really.

The socalled internet celeb broke the law and got caught. Then she refused to follow orders from the police, so she needed some help - no wrongdoing from RTP at all in my opinion.

The poor "celeb" was probably drugged up on meth as well, and that could explain her behaviour

"The poor "celeb" was probably drugged up on meth as well, and that could explain her behaviour."

Really? What bag did you pull that one out of? 

3 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

"The poor "celeb" was probably drugged up on meth as well, and that could explain her behaviour."

Really? What bag did you pull that one out of? 

I pulled it out of the bag called experience. Actually, it was my first thought that came to me when I watched the video and the "net idol" appeared. Then add her behaviour, why the police searched her vehicle at the first place. But, only a thought, hopefully I am wrong   

Totally and absolutely ridiculous.
Something considered by many as a safer alternative to the real thing is treated as criminal.
I have long given up trying to understand Thai logic.

I agree but Thailand is not alone..some countries in Europe are imposing a sugar tax on soft drinks but also on soft drinks with sweetners such as aspartane... break my clump :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived