Phichit garbage scavenger appeals for support to feed more than 100 stray dogs and cats

webfact

Phichit garbage scavenger appeals for support to feed more than 100 stray dogs and cats

By The Nation

A Phichit garbage scavenger on Tuesday appealed for financial support from the public to help her care for more than 100 stray dogs and cats, saying it costs her about Bt18,000 a month to feed the animals.

Yupin Chaophichit, 52, who lives in Phichit's Mueang district, said she has been feeding about 30 stray dogs at a sugarcane plantation near her village. She also takes care of about 50 abandoned dogs and about 25 stray cats at her house.

Yupin drives her motor-tricycle to feed the stray dogs at the sugar plantation every morning.

Yupin said she needs public support as she does not earn enough from collecting recyclable garbage to feed all the animals.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30333740

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-12

Sorry for the grainy photo, but it was taken many years ago somewhere under a Ramkhamhaeng overpass on the way to Miniburi. The older lady lived in a shack alongside a canal taking care of dogs that people dumped off. Actually, she lived out in the open as the 'black heart' dogs were kept in her shack. She even had a handwritten cardboard sign that asked people not to leave their unwanted dogs. No one read the sign she said. 

And in true Thai style, there was also another shop close by that sold dog food. I tried to explain that buying food for the dogs does not solve the actual problem. I was ignored and paid. My time in Thailand has showed me that many people acquire dogs much like the latest fad. Remember the milk bar phase or the hat shop phase? Here today and gone tomorrow.

The old lady was eventually moved somewhere else by the officials...

DSCN3189.jpg

A garbage scavenger spending 18000 baht on feeding stray dogs.... holy dog sh** , Batman.

yes, I see she says she can’t afford it... but seemingly she has been doing it, which begs the question... how much money does a scavenger earn? ( no way would I spend that much money on feeding dogs)

anyway.... a prime example of why dogs should be rounded up and euthanased... a once off fee of 18000 baht... problem solved

Archived