Just another day at the temple - 30 guns, drugs found

snoop1130

Just another day at the temple - 30 guns, drugs found

tnews_1513064663_4301.jpg

In the latest raid on a Thai temple police and soldiers uncovered a cache of weapons any mafia hood would have been proud of.

In the quarters of Phra Niphon Mahapunyo they found what looked like war weapons. they were in fact BB guns.

He said before he became a monk he studied electronics at university - lots of the laity brought him guns to repair.

The raiding party found that they were all broken but still intended to investigate whether they were being adapted for the wrong purposes.

In another section of the temple in Donsak, Surat Thani there was Ya Ba and krathom leaves.

Four monks tested positive for drugs in their urine and were immediately defrocked ahead of prosecution. 

Source: http://www.tnews.co.th/contents/bg/389440

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-12

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Hard to adapt a BB gun to anything very dangerous.

Not hard for the BIB to come up with something mind-shattering which is about as intelligent as the headline - 30 guns found.

Ok sound good job but who wants to bet the defrocked men do not just rejoin a different temple under a new name. Difficult to track. Maybe a scientific approach like DNA could protect the integrity of Buddhism if it is so important?

I wonder whether they were "long time" monks or those chaps who "ordain" for a couple of months (or less). The cynic in me observes that such "temporary" ordinations seem to peak just before rice planting/ harvesting time - when there is a bit of hard work in the offing!

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The question here is the obvious: Why is there at all any kind of presense of something that could possibly look like a gun or drugs, in a place that according to the religion is created as a place of peace and understanding? I guess it´s time for the Sangha Supreme Council to come up with some answers or solutions.

Here in rural Phitsanulok it seems as monks come and go on a regular basis. Some have even traveled across Thailand to stay in this tiny and somewhat isolated village. One guy came from Chiang Mai and when asked why, he replied that this temple was far from home and he could relax here.

The monk in the photo might look menacing, but he was really rather friendly and offered me some water. I haven't seen him lately...

tattoo.JPG

11 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

You can easily use them for robbing a bank as they look very realistic.

Trying to get away with the stolen money with cops chasing you sounds dangerous to me (the trying to get away part that is, as traffic is killing).

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

The question here is the obvious: Why is there at all any kind of presense of something that could possibly look like a gun or drugs, in a place that according to the religion is created as a place of peace and understanding? I guess it´s time for the Sangha Supreme Council to come up with some answers or solutions.

They need a real Zen Master --- these Temples are jokes

12 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Temples are where many sick people go to become monks for a while and be healed.

They are the perfect hiding place it now seems, however the catholic church has a lot to answer for in the abuse of children

1 hour ago, OmarZaid said:

They need a real Zen Master --- these Temples are jokes

Buddhism here has the usual Thai slant, money and rackets. There's one controversy after another.

I may be wrong but you never seem to see a foreign man who takes up the monk life do it in Thailand. They'd be appalled. I'm fairly sure the rackets etc don't  go on in the monasteries in Nepal etc.

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

You jest of course, come up with answers 55555555

53 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Temples are where many sick people go to become monks for a while and be healed.

They are the perfect hiding place it now seems, however the catholic church has a lot to answer for in the abuse of children

not forgetting the all the other religions, or are you a bit biased as an ex Catholic? 

I nearlt creamed my pants looking at this weaponary until I read the story made my spunk go clunk ! anyone have any information where one can aquire such good looking BB guns ? Many there look so realalistic and I have never seen them available !!!

Archived