Just another day at the temple - 30 guns, drugs found

snoop1130

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Hard to adapt a BB gun to anything very dangerous.

Not exactly true. You can buy modified bb guns online already converted to accept real ammo. For kicks i altered a bb 45 revolver to accept 22lr ammo. It was just a bit of curiosity and stupidity on my part but it works well and 9mm/.38 would also work. Pretty basic machining really.

I think the thai law is that a bb gun is not actually a gun but seeing first hand these can be converted to be a real gun in a couple hours or less for at most a couple hundred thb its pretty worrying. Alot of the more intricate machine gun, 12guage bbs need a lot more work to make fire real rounds without blowing apart. That said anyone with HALF a brain can make a gun from scratch anyway. Doesnt take a genius. If guns and bbs were outlawed people would still make them.

2 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

They need a real Zen Master --- these Temples are jokes

During its day the parents of young boys didn't want them to become monks because the Zen Master liked to fiddle with them. Homosexual activity was rampant in zen temples

12 hours ago, sweatalot said:

wrong headline wrong article

leads to false conclusions

bad press work

Good headline. Makes you want to read the story. And, actually, fairly apt, too, when one considers the corruption and crime endemic in Thailand's temple network.

Oh, and BB guns in the wrong hands can injure and even kill.

14 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Hard to adapt a BB gun to anything very dangerous.

Not true. BB rifles are very dangerous. You can buy a BB rifle at a gun show in the US that can shoot a BB or pellet 5,000 FPS (the BB travels 5,000 feet per second)  which is the same FPS as some small caliber guns. Ranchers in Wyoming and other western states use them to kill prairie dogs (large gophers) with one shot. They can kill you at 1 or 2 meters away easily. One shot to the head is all it takes.

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

You can easily use them for robbing a bank as they look very realistic.

Trying to get away with the stolen money with cops chasing you sounds dangerous to me (the trying to get away part that is, as traffic is killing).

Uhhh, a wannabee gun-grabber... Do you even know what a BB-gun is? Wanna restrict kitchen knifes next? 

Additional want remind you that uou are living in LOS! Cars, trucks, vans amd bikes are killing people here! Knifes & axes as well - but BB-guns?

Sorry, mate, that's lefty lib giant BS! Isn't it? ??

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said before he became a monk he studied electronics at university - lots of the laity brought him guns to repair.

Yeah... ok.... studied electronics, so he is tinkering with pneumatic “guns” to help out his lays (oops... that doesn’t sound right does it?)

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In another section of the temple in Donsak, Surat Thani there was Ya Ba and krathom leaves.

Four monks tested positive for drugs in their urine and were immediately defrocked ahead of prosecution. 

Yeah... ok... they were drug traffickers before joining up to escape real punishment, so were testing out the quality of the drugs supplied by their lays (oops again)

all good solid community work ?

18 hours ago, JAG said:

I wonder whether they were "long time" monks or those chaps who "ordain" for a couple of months (or less). The cynic in me observes that such "temporary" ordinations seem to peak just before rice planting/ harvesting time - when there is a bit of hard work in the offing!

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, German farang said:

Uhhh, a wannabee gun-grabber... Do you even know what a BB-gun is? Wanna restrict kitchen knifes next? 

Additional want remind you that uou are living in LOS! Cars, trucks, vans amd bikes are killing people here! Knifes & axes as well - but BB-guns?

"Cars, trucks, vans amd bikes are killing people here! Knifes & axes as well "  same old garbage put out by the gun lobby.

11 hours ago, German farang said:

"Cars, trucks, vans amd bikes are killing people here! Knifes & axes as well "  same old garbage p

11 hours ago, farcanell said:

Yeah... ok.... studied electronics, so he is tinkering with pneumatic “guns” to help out his lays (oops... that doesn’t sound right does it?)

Yeah... ok... they were drug traffickers before joining up to escape real punishment, so were testing out the quality of the drugs supplied by their lays (oops again)

11 hours ago, farcanell said:

A very serious accusation. The authorities are cracking down on social media publishing stuff like this, you can be traced.

Sad that this is not being taken more seriously at a time when it seems some monks are blemishing buddhism and do not even realise it.

Guns of any sort should not be on the premises. Perhaps 1-2 to be handled by trained people for personal protection. But 30 guns is excessive and is it really right for a monk to be tuning into his past life interest in electronics when he has committed himself to his faith?

The drugs is just another disgusting kick in the face of Buddhism but the punishment is not severe enough to remove these fake followers from the temples unless they are caught.

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

It´s not temples. Its a jail for people who choose to act like one for the people that the country allowes the right to hide in "peace"

I've always suspected something like this...

besides the encultured 'right of passage' 'Hiding in peace' is OK as long as they remain hidden - ne'er do wells and uncaught repentant criminals gotta be someplace eh? 

12 hours ago, keithpa said:

A very serious accusation. The authorities are cracking down on social media publishing stuff like this, you can be traced.

I’ve looked outside... it’s cool... the sky is not falling on my head

Thanks for your concern, but get back to me when I have broken forum rules. (Or push the “report” icon if your overly concerned that I’m not taking your warning seriously, ?)

On 12/13/2017 at 8:38 AM, Phaser said:

Absurdity - yet again. Those are all air soft guns - headline totally misleading. 

Last I checked air soft guns are not illegal in Thailand 

Correct. BUT...it's very simple to change an airsoft gun into a lethal weapon. ( with and without conversion )

On 12/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, Buriramfelang said:

Buddhism here has the usual Thai slant, money and rackets. There's one controversy after another.

I may be wrong but you never seem to see a foreign man who takes up the monk life do it in Thailand. They'd be appalled. I'm fairly sure the rackets etc don't  go on in the monasteries in Nepal etc.

You ever been to Nepal or Tibet? Go there sometime and get "involved" some monks and temples there, as I have done. Then report back. This crap is happening all over the world amigo, not just Thailand. (not that I condone any of this, mind you )

Archived