Just another day at the temple - 30 guns, drugs found

snoop1130

On 12/12/2017 at 6:07 AM, Rc2702 said:

Ok sound good job but who wants to bet the defrocked men do not just rejoin a different temple under a new name. Difficult to track. Maybe a scientific approach like DNA could protect the integrity of Buddhism if it is so important?

I don't know all the details, but my stepson has been a gap-year monk for the past year, so I know they've gotten pretty strict, with picture ID cards, etc. I think their main concern is the proliferation of fake monks, but other considerations would also come into play, I think. I don't know how strictly one is registered at any given temple at any given time, (as a lay practitioner I was not registered), but simply 'changing one's name' I don't think would be possible, unless it were all legal and above-board...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2017 at 10:58 AM, moe666 said:

During its day the parents of young boys didn't want them to become monks because the Zen Master liked to fiddle with them. Homosexual activity was rampant in zen temples

Yep sadly it's a fact.  Child abuse is rampant in "ALL" temples and churches.

5 hours ago, farcanell said:

I’ve looked outside... it’s cool... the sky is not falling on my head

Thanks for your concern, but get back to me when I have broken forum rules. (Or push the “report” icon if your overly concerned that I’m not taking your warning seriously, ?)

OK then, I lied. (read todays Bangkkok post )

4 hours ago, Hardie said:

I don't know all the details, but my stepson has been a gap-year monk for the past year, so I know they've gotten pretty strict, with picture ID cards, etc. I think their main concern is the proliferation of fake monks, but other considerations would also come into play, I think. I don't know how strictly one is registered at any given temple at any given time, (as a lay practitioner I was not registered), but simply 'changing one's name' I don't think would be possible, unless it were all legal and above-board...

Fake chanotes adorn the news and you think faking an ID is not possibble...

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Four monks tested positive for drugs in their urine and were immediately defrocked ahead of prosecution.

I've told ya. Don't get high on your own supply.

She should have watched Clintons instructional video... 

On 12/13/2017 at 1:17 PM, German farang said:

Uhhh, a wannabee gun-grabber... Do you even know what a BB-gun is? Wanna restrict kitchen knifes next? 

Additional want remind you that uou are living in LOS! Cars, trucks, vans amd bikes are killing people here! Knifes & axes as well - but BB-guns?

Sorry, mate, that's lefty lib giant BS! Isn't it? ??

I can google in more detail what a BB-gun is than you can possibly know by heart. What is your point?

Why would i want to restrict kitchen knifes? Without them its hard to cut meat, i rather have them.

Yes, i remember where i live. I see palmtrees when i look out of my window.

Yes, many people die other ways, how is that an argument that realistic looking bb-guns should be legal here?

Smoking kills even more people than IS, so why have a war against IS and not against big-tabacco?

Maybe invade the Phillip Morris factory instead of some middle eastern country?

Hunger also kills more people than Saddam Hussein has, so why invade Iraq?

I really don't get your logic.

Must have something to do with your American political stand that you have let go of logic to defend your ideas.

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I can google in more detail what a BB-gun is than you can possibly know by heart. What is your point?

Why would i want to restrict kitchen knifes? Without them its hard to cut meat, i rather have them.

Yes, many people die other ways, how is that an argument that realistic looking bb-guns should be legal here?

Smoking kills even more people than IS, so why have a war against IS and not against big-tabacco?

Must have something to do with your American political stand that you have let go of logic to defend your ideas.

Only requires a one word comment to cover both Phillip Morris and Iraq :

MONEY. 

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I needed a laugh.   War is big business.  DUUUUUUHHHHHHH.....

29 minutes ago, The Teacher said:

IT's easy to see up to five current military rifles there, Hmmmmmm I wonder how's brother is funneling stolen rifles as a racket in Thailands army.............

Would you care to point out the 5 military rifles and the differences between the real thing and airsoft / BB. Shouldn't be difficult from a photograph. 

On 12/17/2017 at 7:59 AM, Bob12345 said:

Hang on a minute now. Iffen we're gonna invade any place, ( other than the girlie bars on Loi Kroh ) let's invade THIS place, The R. J. Reynolds factory. I'll donate. (I have a few BB guns laying around somewhere from when I was a kid ) I smoked those things for years,  the ciggies I mean. Enjoyed every <deleted>' one I ever smoked. Started when I was six or seven years old...used to steal them from PaPa. Damned near killed me...Papa and the ciggies. Finally had sense enough to smoke me last one Dec. 14th, 1976...12 noon. YAY for me.

camel.jpg

Archived