Burnley

mrbojangles

2 oldest friends are burnley lads as their dad's from there and he's got got ginger hair which seems suited to a burnley fan for some reason.

The one lad looks like a young david moyes too.

The driver is definitely the boss he's performing at an exceptional level I like his approach. His team does the talking for him on the pitch and the only player that seems to stand out is tarkowski. The rest just seem to work really well together.

7 minutes ago, champers said:

Interesting that; apart from Defour; he has built a team made up of journeymen British and Irish players. No foreigners required.

I thought he had an Icelandic lad in the ranks.

Yh just checked at least 4 foreigners in squad. Wood is Nz

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I thought he had an Icelandic lad in the ranks.

Yes he has; I forgot about him. Still 2 out of 20 isn't many. Arfield plays for Canada but is a Scot and Barnes is qualified to play for Austria somehow (granny?). Oh, and Wood is a Kiwi but has been here for years.

All the time Burnley have had in the Prem under Dyche it is just Defours, Wood and the Iceman.

Just now, champers said:

Yes he has; I forgot about him. Still 2 out of 20 isn't many. Arfield plays for Canada but is a Scot and Barnes is qualified to play for Austria somehow (granny?). Oh, and Wood is a Kiwi but has been here for years.

All the time Burnley have had in the Prem under Dyche it is just Defours, Wood and the Iceman.

Couple more in squad but yes the starters are mainly brits. Nakhi wells Bermudan.  Lindegaard Danish and 1more I think 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rott said:

Ha Ha you remember Bob Lord then?

Absolutely....had many butchers shops and ran the club well in the days before the maximum wage was abolished and they could compete with clubs whose gates were much bigger......I remember going with my father to a Lancashire Senior Cup match (midweek evening) V Blackburn Rovers and there was over 35,000 in the ground.....good club/good times....:thumbsup:

My younger brother is a long time Burnley fan and used to pal out many years ago with Willie Morgan and Steve Kindon.

• 3 months later...

Burnley, yes Burnley FC have set themselves up with a great opportunity to qualify for the Europa league if they finish the 

season in the top 7.

They're closest rivals in 8th are Leicester who are currently

trailing Burnley 2-0 at HT which could mean the gap could go to 

9 points. 

Sell Micheal Keane for £30M+ and bring in James Tarkowski, bought for relative peanuts from Brentford. They are financially prudent too, unlike some teams nearby; beginning with the letter B; who practically bankrupted themselves "chasing the dream".

On 17/04/2018 at 12:31 AM, Rc2702 said:

Dyche had got to get manager of the year. With or without Europe. 

Great decision staying at Burnley. 

You may be right. In Pellegrini's first season he won the Premier but they gave it to footballing messiah Pulis.

Do like Dyche though. 

"...the Premier League’s Manager of the Season award is consistently won by the title-winning coach. Only Ipswich’s George Burley in 2001, Tottenham’s Harry Redknapp in 2010, Newcastle’s Alan Pardew in 2012 and Crystal Palace’s Tony Pulis in 2014 have claimed it without the league trophy under their arm.

Even though eagle-eyed City fans will notice neither Roberto Mancini (2012) or Manuel Pellegrini (2014) were recognised for their triumphant campaigns..."

So following the 'trend' Pep won't win it, Dyche might.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:32 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

You may be right. In Pellegrini's first season he won the Premier but they gave it to footballing messiah Pulis.

Do like Dyche though. 

If the judges have any sense they will give it to Dyce and overlook the cheque book factor. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Overlooking giving awards to any club who has a cheque book would surely have to include clubs who've spent 75mil on a defender

what about clubs with a net spend of £5m since appointing their current manager three years ago?

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Overlooking giving awards to any club who has a cheque book would surely have to include clubs who've spent 75mil on a defender

But what a defender eh. And you know how good he is when the rest begin playing well too. A leader in defence you could say. Money well spent. Absolutely. 

44 minutes ago, StevieH said:

what about clubs with a net spend of £5m since appointing their current manager three years ago?

Don't you start with net spend as well stevie. That argument does my fruit in.

Rc has it in for City at the moment (probably out of jealousy) so I was replying to his "cheque book" comment. Let's be honest with each other here, all the top 6 have far more money than Burnley and the net spend bit is purely linked to a sale of one or two players. Personally, I prefer to keep our best players until their value is next to nought.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rc has it in for City at the moment (probably out of jealousy) so I was replying to his "cheque book" comment. Let's be honest with each other here, all the top 6 have far more money than Burnley and the net spend bit is purely linked to a sale of one or two players. Personally, I prefer to keep our best players until their value is next to nought.

can't have it both ways boj. we spent 75m on a defender sure but klopp's almost literally balanced the books over three years. so credit where it's due. except we don't need credit 'cos we live within our means. ;)

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You know I like to throw a spanner and provoke dissertation style responses from bareback. Jealous? How can I be jealous did you forget who the only english team left in the elite competition?  You know the small matter of a semi final we have on our hands with your old pal dzeko.  Bottom line we are edin to the final so once we are there can we count on your support?

• 3 months later...

Archived